Vampire Survivors: Emergency Meeting DLC feat. Among Us - Coming 18th December to PC & Xbox

Brian

I finally tried this last night and love it.  So damn simple yet so damn good.

I only tried maybe 6 runs so far, and got to maybe Lvl 23 around 17 minutes survived.  At that point I wasnt really killing anything and just running around.

Only tried the starting Hero and first Stage so far.

Do the stages play drastically different?  Any reason to stay on 1 for awhile or should I be jumping around right away.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I only tried maybe 6 runs so far, and got to maybe Lvl 23 around 17 minutes survived.  At that point I wasnt really killing anything and just running around.

Do the stages play drastically different?  Any reason to stay on 1 for awhile or should I be jumping around right away.

I find that different stages require you to start exploring different strategies.

40 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

The different stages have different things to find that unlock features you'll need to progress. There's no great reason not to get those early to help focus on what the game's progression ends up being since you can always revisit stuff later.

On 10/5/2022 at 7:23 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

The garlic is definitely one of my go-tos.  IMHO, Spinach and the Crown are also important.  My focus is to get my experience growing as quickly as possible, and my DPS up as quickly as possible at the beginning of each run.

Suggestions as things get more survivable:

1)  Pay attention to your map

2)  Don't ignore the collectibles/achievements

I made those two mistakes early on.

thanks alot guys!

The wife just left for my Daughter house and a visit with her friend till monday! I'm trying so hard to not have a free for gaming spending spree! This game looks really fun on the steam deck!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HardAct said:

thanks alot guys!

The wife just left for my Daughter house and a visit with her friend till monday! I'm trying so hard to not have a free for gaming spending spree! This game looks really fun on the steam deck!

It’s only $5 and it’s on game pass too

I tried the 2nd stage on my next play through and survived the 30 minutes with the 1st Character, then tried again and did the same with the 2nd character.  But got 1 shot by Death each time.

Think I have a decent build to get me to 30 minutes pretty easily each time aboujt 11 total runs in.  Now just need to maximize gold so i can keep upgrading everything.

19 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I tried the 2nd stage on my next play through and survived the 30 minutes with the 1st Character, then tried again and did the same with the 2nd character.  But got 1 shot by Death each time.

Think I have a decent build to get me to 30 minutes pretty easily each time aboujt 11 total runs in.  Now just need to maximize gold so i can keep upgrading everything.

You're gonna get trucked by Death forever without super specific builds that you won't be able to unlock without going through the stages, just FYI :p

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

You're gonna get trucked by Death forever without super specific builds that you won't be able to unlock without going through the stages, just FYI :p

Ya ran the 3rd and 4th characters to the 30 minute mark, made it to 30:11 but just cause revive and that shield thing.

Haen't done world 3 yet, just been running all the characters through the 2nd stage.

• 4 weeks later...

DLC announced

Legacy of the Moonspell is the first DLC for Vampire Survivors, and introduces a brand new stage, new characters, new monsters, and new weapons to slaughter them with. There might even be some hidden mysteries for those of an inquiring mindset, but we can neither confirm nor deny the presence of vampires…

- 8 new characters
- 13 new weapons
- 1 new stage
- 6 new music tracks

Happy Birthday Party GIF

• Halal 1

• Brian changed the title to Vampire Survivor: DLC Announced “Legacy of the Moonspell”
31 minutes ago, Brian said:

DLC announced

- 8 new characters
- 13 new weapons
- 1 new stage
- 6 new music tracks

Happy Birthday Party GIF

Damn, for DLC that's like half of a normal patch!

But I already bought it. Mentally at least, no idea if it's on sale yet or when it'll be done.

• Halal 1

• Brian changed the title to Vampire Survivor: DLC Announced “Legacy of the Moonspell” - Dec 15th $1.99
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys I ain't buying this overpriced bullshit DLC. I bought the original game for much cheaper before greedy McGreedster raised the price by a whopping 40%. Now I'm expected to buy DLC for 60% of the price I paid for the full game? Is this dude trying to put me into the poor house?! If I buy this, I'll have spent almost $5 on this game I only have 91 hours in!

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2022 at 5:53 PM, JPDunks4 said:

I have everything maxed out except curse. Holding onto about 50,000 gold now with nothing to buy it seems.

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to try this game out when I saw it on a “surprise hits of 2022” list a few days ago. This game…this game fucked yo my sleep schedule. I had been trying to keep to a similar sleep schedule on vacation as I do for normal weekends, go to bed and wake up within about 2 hours of when I go to work. So where on a normal work day I wake up at 5:30 this fucking game had me playing until nearly 6:30. God dammit. Luckily I had time to

fix my sleep schedule before I start back to work. 

I love that the game starts out so simple and gets more and more complex as you get stronger, and hunt and find more power. I normally hate rogue likes, but I am loving this game. I tried it on Gamepass, but decided to toss the developer some money and bought it for $4. I’ll get the DLC too. 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I decided to try this game out when I saw it on a “surprise hits of 2022” list a few days ago. This game…this game fucked yo my sleep schedule. I had been trying to keep to a similar sleep schedule on vacation as I do for normal weekends, go to bed and wake up within about 2 hours of when I go to work. So where on a normal work day I wake up at 5:30 this fucking game had me playing until nearly 6:30. God dammit. Luckily I had time to

fix my sleep schedule before I start back to work. 

I love that the game starts out so simple and gets more and more complex as you get stronger, and hunt and find more power. I normally hate rogue likes, but I am loving this game. I tried it on Gamepass, but decided to toss the developer some money and bought it for $4. I’ll get the DLC too. 

It's 2022's best game.

On 10/5/2022 at 7:34 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

Part of the fun of the game is figuring out how all the systems work, so I'm being deliberately evasive (there is no real story to speak of).

Perfectly.  I've only played it on Steam Deck.

CURRENTLY my favorite game to play on the Steamdeck. It's just perfect and my game of the year!

2 hours ago, Brick said:

OK I keep hearing about this game, and how everyone likes it. Debating buying it during the Steam sale, but what exactly is it like, and what makes it so addictive? 

It's like Hades if all you had to do is move around. It's a game that doesn't look like much but once you play it you'll be hooked. Also on game pass if you're a game pass perv thought once you play it there you might be compelled to throw some money at it on steam.

• Halal 1