Vampire Survivors: Emergency Meeting DLC feat. Among Us - Coming 18th December to PC & Xbox

Brian

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So I was under the impression that garlic was a must have, but I pulled it off without any garlic or bibles! :o

spacer.png

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Garlic isn't that great until it's evolved, and even then there are better weapons. I got better at the game when I stopped taking it. It's tempting because at low levels it's good, but ultimately isn't that great.

10 minutes ago, legend said:

Garlic isn't that great until it's evolved, and even then there are better weapons. I got better at the game when I stopped taking it. It's tempting because at low levels it's good, but ultimately isn't that great.

I used it a lot initially, fell off it, and now that I start stuff with max curse, there are still some characters / levels / builds where it's very useful.

18 minutes ago, legend said:

Well in this particular version of the game I don't even have it unlocked. yet :p

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I used it a lot initially, fell off it, and now that I start stuff with max curse, there are still some characters / levels / builds where it's very useful.

I'd be curious to know which builds you like to use it for! I can see that as long as you can survive long enough to evolve it, because then it does have some nice properties. But its vanilla flavor seems pretty bad unless you're surrounded by trash (e.g., early game)

20 minutes ago, legend said:

I'd be curious to know which builds you like to use it for! I can see that as long as you can survive long enough to evolve it, because then it does have some nice properties. But its vanilla flavor seems pretty bad unless you're surrounded by trash (e.g., early game)

Starting with all the curse power ups purchased means that some of the early maps can melt you real fast and it's nice on levels that barf shit like bats at you to just... not be able to die for the first 10 levels or so while you're farming gems. And it is nice that its evolution boosts regen; at this point if I'm getting garlic I'm always evolving it and probably hunting for the arcana that doubles healing.

Again with max curse and some of the hidden items maxed that also boost curse... at some point you just need pure damage to survive until 30 min, but the regen helps there too.

I don't really seek it out, but if I'm out of rerolls or I'm on a map that has the regen heart on it... I'll bite occasionally. 

• Halal 1

This is my favorite game to just pick up and play, It's just so fun. I got the "have 6 weapons evolved at once" achievement last night!! I never use Garlic it's a crutch, I mean I did but I learned. Yea it makes the early goings easy just sit there and don't move...lol but there are far better things early. This game came out of nowhere and I enjoy it alot. Hope the devs release a few updates as I'll support what ever they throw at me at this point!

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I broke @legend's heart and had some garlic. 😢

But it was a run with evolved bibles, garlic, crosses, runetracer and lightning ring :sickos:

Would have had the pentagram upgraded too but ran out of time. Was using Dommario and he's slow af.

Pentagram is the absolute worst.

Until it's evolved and then it's crazy powerful :p 

• True 1

On 1/13/2023 at 10:02 AM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So I finally got to a point where I could kill the reaper at minute 30, but my first time I killed him too quickly and didn’t make it to minute 31 for the achievement. lmao 

Hmm That's strange. It should have given you the achievement anyway. I'm pretty sure I was worried about the same the first time I did it, and they still gave it to me.

On 1/13/2023 at 1:39 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

It's the last level on the list called Mt. Moonspell.

If you unlocked the second level in the game, Inlaid Library, the DLC should unlock.

I don't see it actually. Plus the bottom levels are blocked by the box with the Hyper mode checkbox. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Brian changed the title to Vampire Survivor: Tides of the Foscari DLC. April 13, 2023 $1.99.

Annnnnnd, back to 100% achievements!

I have kind of a broken build at his point where I was killing things faster than the game would render them and got up to something like level 350. And that was in the second level of the DLC which is otherwise pretty tough!

Easiest to build with Queen Sigma since you get all the re-rolls, but it was:

* Victory sword

* Lightning ring

* Holy water

* Rune tracer

* Eskizzibur

* Song of Mana

* Cooldown

* Duration

* Duplicator

* Armor

* Attract orb

* Area

It's just non-stop raining hell. I might be able to amp it further. The Song of Mana does the least DPS in the long-run but is really good early game. It might be worth replacing it with the new spell ability since it evolves from its own three weapons and then compressed back into one, but it's a harder leveling story.

• Shocked 1

• 1 month later...