Nvidia - Geforce Beyond (EVGA) Event

Mr.Vic20

29 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol, man I do hope all the clowning means this won’t be impossible to get but I think there’s probably still too many people who will yolo this 

That’s more wishful thinking than me hoping for a Switch 2 with Mario and MP4 next year. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stepee said:

@Mr.Vic20 so what’s your plan for Wednesday? Make sure you are logged in to best buy 6am pacific and have payment method entered and try for the FE?

Yes sir! I get up at 4am regularily so I'm ready for an early start if needed. Neighbor Joe is also gunning for one on my behalf. I'm shooting for an FE, but I'll take what I can get. The kid in me want to score one, day one. The adult in me conceeds that I'll have no need for the 4090's extra punch until Q1/Q2 of 2023. Naturally the adult in me is a fool and needs some schooling! 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Yes sir! I get up at 4am regularily so I'm ready for an early start if needed. Neighbor Joe is also gunning for one on my behalf. I'm shooting for an FE, but I'll take what I can get. The kid in me want to score one, day one. The adult in me conceeds that I'll have no need for the 4090's extra punch until Q1/Q2 of 2023. Naturally the adult in me is a fool and needs some schooling! 

If I can’t get a FE I’ll have to try to refer to this list someone made on resetera so I can try to find one that fits my case, that’s my main concern with others!  

Besides that I’d take any model close to msrp.

• Halal 2

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

If I can’t get a FE I’ll have to try to refer to this list someone made on resetera so I can try to find one that fits my case, that’s my main concern with others!  

Besides that I’d take any model close to msrp.

We have little chance my man, but we must try! :sun:

• Sicko 1
  • Halal 1

If DLSS3 receives wide adoption then I don't see the value in the 4090, let alone a 4090ti. Yes, I'll still buy the 4090, but I allow my self these kinds of indulgences as a way to keep a sense of wonder alive in my ever aging bones. Speaking of which, today is my birthday! Old man Vic is 46 today! :sun:

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 3

3 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

If DLSS3 receives wide adoption then I don't see the value in the 4090, let alone a 4090ti. Yes, I'll still buy the 4090, but I allow my self these kinds of indulgences as a way to keep a sense of wonder alive in my ever aging bones. Speaking of which, today is my birthday! Old man Vic is 46 today! :sun:

Happy birthday, gramps :fap:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by TV Land

• Hugs 1

9 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Ok will note there is a 10 year age difference between us. Happy birthday.

Btw I'm suprised you like DLSS so much and buying a 4090. I had to school some dude in one of the handheld discords. I think Aya Neo. I am disappointed that the main screen option is 1200p. Someone mentioned to use FSR. Had to hit him with the papa I don't buy 6800XT+ level cards to upscale. I should try it though. I have a 3080 and 3060 laptop. Might be useful for the 3060 Asus since it's a 16:10 1440p screen.

• Thanks 1

I really want to see more testing on this. This tester did a significant power draw limitation on the card, dropping power consumption dramatically while barely losing any performance. It is like these cards are coming hardcore OCed out of the box. Nvidia probably could have built a 325w card with a 2 slot cooler while losing less than 5% of performance.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Yup, that's pretty much it! The raw power need for 4K and 8K are so crazy that without reconstruction we would be running games at console frame rates. 

That and RT would have been held back another generation! I used to be all about pushing the raw native, but you only have so much power, now I’m all about the most sensible balance between image quality and performance, especially as performance affects image quality as well. 4k native is not sensible and is a waste of resources.

Oh and I’m also about TURNING EVERY SETTING TO ULTRA NO MATTER FUCKING WHAT

• True 1

43 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Ok will note there is a 10 year age difference between us. Happy birthday.

Btw I'm suprised you like DLSS so much and buying a 4090. I had to school some dude in one of the handheld discords. I think Aya Neo. I am disappointed that the main screen option is 1200p. Someone mentioned to use FSR. Had to hit him with the papa I don't buy 6800XT+ level cards to upscale. I should try it though. I have a 3080 and 3060 laptop. Might be useful for the 3060 Asus since it's a 16:10 1440p screen.

DLSS removes aliasing better than 4x AA and at balanced or quality, in 4k, is arguably a better picture than native. At 1440p, quality is the lowest you’d want to go.

• Thanks 1

Even FSR in Far Cry 6 also removed aliasing, but did add a small amount of blur at quality that, honestly, wasn’t noticeable unless I flipped back and forth in stills. I assume it’s using FSR 1.0. The removed aliasing and game running at 4k with a 90fps avg outweighed the unnoticeable blurring. 

35 minutes ago, elbobo said:

I really want to see more testing on this. This tester did a significant power draw limitation on the card, dropping power consumption dramatically while barely losing any performance. It is like these cards are coming hardcore OCed out of the box. Nvidia probably could have built a 325w card with a 2 slot cooler while losing less than 5% of performance.

4ofpQsV.png

v30rX0J.png2l8a7Jb.png

These results are definitely surprising, however the past generation was also basically overclocked out of the box. The 3090 Ti and basically all AMD cards have maxed out power limits.  Nvidia probably saw the reception of the 3090 Ti and decided it's best to squeeze everything out of the chip. The 3090 launched with a 350-375w power limit and that's what most reviewers use when benchmarking, however the Ti defaulted to a 450w power limit and that's definitely one of the reasons the performance gap between the 3090 Ti and 3090 is wider than the gap between the 3080 Ti (also defaults to <400w) and 3090.

I really have no doubt they did this to sell a more premium product and to try to justify a higher MSRP and higher profit margins.  

I am definitely interested to see how different boards perform. And when the curve optimizer is functional there could be a lot of room to tweak performance. I still haven't come across any review showing in depth overclocking and voltage tuning.