JK Rowling released a new book today about a YouTube animator who gets stabbed to death for making racist and transphobic animations. It's also 600 pages longer than Dune.

35 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

She’s a billionaire who cries about what people say about her on twitter. Why are people like her and Musk so miserable?? Why not just live your life in your castle surrounded by a moat filled with money?? 

Because they know, deep down on some level, that what people are saying about them is true, and they hate themselves. Pride and ego are also a hell of a thing. I mean, you've tarnished your own writing legacy with regard to Harry Potter on doubling down on being defensive and more transphobic. She can hang out with the rest of the MAGA chuds like Gina Carano and James Woods (yes, I know she's from the UK). 

23 hours ago, Anathema- said:

She clearly doesn't do subtext. I think at this point we need to reevaluate the Harry Potter series as written by a woman who wants to be a man but also loves fascism.

There are people who were relatively normal when young that went off the deep end with money and age. I'll view the Potter series in that lens.

• Like 1