Madison Cawthorn’s campaign spent a (cocaine) pile of money it didn’t have

It's a shame that what he'll really do is just start a new campaign for the next election cycle and forward the debt to that election. Don't have to pay this money back if you're just always running for election. That's the trick Trump learned that's allowed him to forever bilk his followers.

45 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It's a shame that what he'll really do is just start a new campaign for the next election cycle and forward the debt to that election. Don't have to pay this money back if you're just always running for election. That's the trick Trump learned that's allowed him to forever bilk his followers.

Now. . . . . he might have a slight issue with “the running” idea.

also kudos to @thewhyteboaron getting cocaine in the title. Nice touch!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I’ve never looked into election donations, but other types of donations can be restricted use by the donor and using them for purposes other than the donor designated use is against the law. No idea if similar rules govern political donations (like designating a donation as only for a general election campaign).

31 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’ve never looked into election donations, but other types of donations can be restricted use by the donor and using them for purposes other than the donor designated use is against the law. No idea if similar rules govern political donations (like designating a donation as only for a general election campaign).

There are limitations on what money can be used for, but it's always been my understanding that general election money doesn't come with an expiration date. If he lost the primary, but wanted to run again, he should be able to move that money forward to the next election cycle. Unless I'm missing something, that should also apply to any debts. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but as long as he actually and properly files all the paperwork on time, he should be able to take all the debt and apply it to his next campaign. Now, finding enough people to donate to cover his debts plus enough to run the actually campaign at the same time is a different story.