Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake Part 2) - "An Excellent But Inconsistent Experience" (Digital Foundry Technical Review)

Keyser_Soze

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Beat the first demo. Really great and actually a bit brutal. I'm definitely using my save from this to continue next week. I don't want to spend 2 hours again on it. 

Trying the second demo now. 

The second one will blow you away. 

Wow that second demo was short. The environment was absolutely beautiful with a great "boss" fight. It's nice they incorporated new fighting techniques. The music was great, too.

I was off on the reviews averaging out to 90%. It's still at 93 with a bunch of new reviews added since yesterday. Cannot wait until next week!

5 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

The og?  It’s a pretty eh port you can mod into something spectacular.

PC is definitely the place to play 7, 8 and 9.

I wonder how difficult it is to mod? This $11.99 version is a pc release of July 2013. Do you know anything about that?

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I wonder how difficult it is to mod? This $11.99 version is a pc release of July 2013. Do you know anything about that?

Should be easily modable.  Unlike FF8 Remastered, it should be pretty much the same as the historical release.  I haven’t tried it myself (7th Heaven), but did do FF9 and that was cakewalk.

I should try it sometime, just to see 60fps in combat and the world map.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Keyser_Soze How is FF7 on steam? Ever try it? It's $11.99 and I'm curious. 

Max has been playing it on stream since he met his sub goal and it looks incredible. Now this is what a remake remaster is! @Greatoneshere

(He hasn't put youtube links up yet but this is specifically the start of when he started playing)

WWW.TWITCH.TV

maximilian_dood went live on Twitch. Catch up on their FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE VOD now.

It's called the 7th Heaven mod

Not sure how easy it would be to get working on the Steam Deck though.

If you're playing it vanilla I'm sure it works fine. The store page says playable.

• Thanks 1
  • Hype 1

On 2/22/2024 at 11:01 AM, best3444 said:

More open area is completely welcomed to me. Remake is on rails and the story dragged on. 

I'm fuckin hyped for this!

Remake was Midgard I avoided it because I remember just how much I didn't really enjoy that section of the game when I first played it because it wasn't open world.

2 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Remake was Midgard I avoided it because I remember just how much I didn't really enjoy that section of the game when I first played it because it wasn't open world.

Well I'm about 2 hours away in finishing it and then I can breathe. I still really like Remake but it's extremely linear. 

1 minute ago, legend said:

It's the last main chapter. There is a chapter 18, but it's mostly a longish combat sequence.

Oh. Then I will finish it later this afternoon. It's been a great ride but hopefully the ending doesn't trip me up too badly. Thanks. 

• Halal 1

I need to beat the remake of VII and then try this. I tried to get into it once but it literally took me like 20 minutes to beat the first boss and I bounced off. I really don’t like the combat in modern ff games. But I need to give it another try so I can play this too. Probably my next project.

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

I need to beat the remake of VII and then try this. I tried to get into it once but it literally took me like 20 minutes to beat the first boss and I bounced off. I really don’t like the combat in modern ff games. But I need to give it another try so I can play this too. Probably my next project.

Do it.  Once the combat system sings, it’s glorious.

• Halal 1

10 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

So I broke, decided to play the first half of the demo.  Won’t go further since they say the 2nd is a truncated version of the main game, but I will replay what I did already if there’s a fix to performance mode (…again).

Nice. The second demo is really short but really impressive. I played in graphics mode and I thought it was completely fine. But yea, the performance resolution needs fixed bad.