Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022 - All Trailers Posted

Keyser_Soze

6 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

They didn’t make Hades, Super Giant did

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. Different accomplishments. I did like Hades, it was probably my favorite rogue-lite until Deathloop, but not enough to finish it. It did a nice trick of keeping a slightly engaging story going as you did the typical rogue-lite gameplay loop. But it still was repetitive and very much still felt constrained by its rogue-lite trappings. It still felt overly difficult for me to progress in.

Deathloop just did the rogue-lite thing and still made it all feel like a continuously moving standard single player immersive sim/fps game. I never felt like I was being held back by it’s inherent design. I’m hoping that’s what they will bring to the table when you play sp in this coop focused game.

9 hours ago, stepee said:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. Different accomplishments. I did like Hades, it was probably my favorite rogue-lite until Deathloop, but not enough to finish it. It did a nice trick of keeping a slightly engaging story going as you did the typical rogue-lite gameplay loop. But it still was repetitive and very much still felt constrained by its rogue-lite trappings. It still felt overly difficult for me to progress in.

Deathloop just did the rogue-lite thing and still made it all feel like a continuously moving standard single player immersive sim/fps game. I never felt like I was being held back by it’s inherent design. I’m hoping that’s what they will bring to the table when you play sp in this coop focused game.

Honestly I think it felt that way because Deathloop isn’t a rogue lite. It creates the illusion of one to tell its story but you’re not really doing runs based on what you’ve learned or an increase of skill. The game is narratively pushing you forward. 

which really who cares, if people like it they like but it’s fun to debate 

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did they show that the other day? I must've missed it. And it's its own game? I thought it was a Dead by Daylight add on at first.

some of the announcements are new. The Valheim announcement was.

So is this As Dusk Falls game is basically a Choose Your Own Adventure... I guess that explains why I keep waiting for gameplay.