Standing now counts as exercise

12 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

So technically everyone now is a fucking astronaut?!? They are pretty much the only ones that consider standing an exercise in SPACE.

in all seriousness though. It does seem needed as every interview I go to now is “can you stand” for certain period of time per shift or would that be a problem. My last job I did a lot of sitting because we were slow a lot (not product really) and would find myself getting up and literally doing laps around my store too occupied my time

I stand all day the 2 days a week we go into the office. People think I'm strange for not sitting down, other then when I eat, for 8 hours.

Brah I've gone on runs that are that long...standing in place and talking on the phone isn't very hard. 

I do wonder how far obesity is going to go in this country. In the 90's/early 2000's when I was in school, there wasn't many obese kids. I see the children now when I drop my kids off at school and I'm like damn.... The high school is right next door and I see plenty of kids walking home that are just huge, both boys and girls. A couple of the girls are easily 250-300 pounds. Imagine how they might be when they are 30-40 years old after kids and metabolism starts to slow. 

After just recently quitting a job where I was literally standing in one spot for 8 hours a day, no it's not exercise, it's the most boring bullshit. I don't mind being on my feet for that long, but I need to actually be moving around. 

29 minutes ago, Brick said:

After just recently quitting a job where I was literally standing in one spot for 8 hours a day, no it's not exercise, it's the most boring bullshit. I don't mind being on my feet for that long, but I need to actually be moving around. 

Same. When I worked fast food I hated doing register because I couldn’t distract myself from the fact that my feet were killing me. 

Now I have an adjustable desk and I should really use it more but I can’t stand standing still for so long I’ll end up doing something else

I have a standing desk, but I also just bought a treadmill to go under my desk. I just didn't realize I should also probably buy a chair that I can put on top of the treadmill for when I actually want to sit down.

Now to just figure out what chair would sit well on a treadmill for when I want to rest and not sound like I'm dying in a meeting.

8 hours ago, unogueen said:

Many of you would die working a farm. Probably in a week or less.

Been there done that. Dairy farm. Shoveled cow shit and un/hooked the milking cows to the milking machines. Never got shit or pissed on which was a minor miracle. Do not recommend. There’s a reason I don’t really complain about my white collar bullshit jobs lol.