Reuters: White House considering waiving gasoline summertime smog rules to lower price at the pump

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

7F4HN7NEMVOQHHU3NS3IHH4Q3Q.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

The White House is considering waiving U.S. gasoline environmental rules aimed at reducing summertime smog, hoping the waiver will combat rising pump prices, according to three sources involved in the discussions.

The White House is considering waiving U.S. gasoline environmental rules aimed at reducing summertime smog, hoping the waiver will combat rising pump prices, according to three sources involved in the discussions.

Refiners and blenders are required to avoid lower-cost components like butane in summer gasoline, but the White House is weighing suspending that rule to help lower fuel costs. The components help elevate gasoline's Reid vapor pressure, or RVP, which contributes to smog at higher levels, particularly in the hot summer months.

President Joe Biden's administration has already lifted the requirement for summer sales of E15, a lower-price, high ethanol gasoline. The waiver under consideration would apply to all grades of gasoline, the sources said. No final decision has been made, they said.

• Guillotine 1

4 minutes ago, Ominous said:

E15 is shit.

My favorite part of the E15 nonsense is that IIRC the pennies it saves you at the pump is more than outweighed by the fuel efficiency drop--so pennies less at the pump in exchange for significantly more frequent fill-ups.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ominous said:

I wish I could find a car that could fit my 3 kids in car seats.

It's all in the car seat. I managed to get three Diono seats in the back of an Audi A4 Wagon once upon a time...

Then they got bigger and I swore off having to fling a child into the center seat because they were too long and heavy. We've been in a 7 seater SUV since.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It's all in the car seat. I managed to get three Diono seats in the back of an Audi A4 Wagon once upon a time...

Then they got bigger and I swore off having to fling a child into the center seat because they were too long and heavy. We've been in a 7 seater SUV since.

I have the narrow diono seats and there is no way to buckle the middle kid in. Once they are out of seats it's back to a sedan or small crossover EV

33 minutes ago, Ominous said:

I have the narrow diono seats and there is no way to buckle the middle kid in. Once they are out of seats it's back to a sedan or small crossover EV

Luckily for me, I'm a tiny dude, so I made it work for like a year. Then my youngest got just big enough that I was literally throwing her into the center seat. After a while of doing that, I just couldn't keep it up.

I see there are these tiny all padding and foam 5 point harness seats out there these days. I wonder if they're any good. There pretty inexpensive, but I'd rather not link to them for fear of boosting the SEO of a death trap.

56 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

36mpg average minivan here

Is that the Sienna? It's a unique looking van. 

I refuse to have 2 vans. One is enough. This Honda we have drives like someone took a shit on a sponge and now you're trying to push it across a cactus. 

I just want to get back to a plug in vehicle. The Rav4 Prime and Escape plugin were just too damn small for three bastards in car seats. My oldest should be out by the time my lease is up, so I think I'm going to force her to sit in between the other 2 still in a booster / car seat. 

7 hours ago, Ominous said:

Is that the Sienna? It's a unique looking van. 

I refuse to have 2 vans. One is enough. This Honda we have drives like someone took a shit on a sponge and now you're trying to push it across a cactus. 

I just want to get back to a plug in vehicle. The Rav4 Prime and Escape plugin were just too damn small for three bastards in car seats. My oldest should be out by the time my lease is up, so I think I'm going to force her to sit in between the other 2 still in a booster / car seat. 

You don’t buy a minivan for looks! But yeah it’s the sienna

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I’ve never been more comfortable driving in my life. It’s the white new balance with white socks of cars

For Reals. People still ask to borrow my wife’s 2016 Sienna for long drives because it’s such a dream to drive