I am extremely good at being a social person

TheLeon

I walked to a local bar that does pop culture trivia on Tuesdays. Tonight happened to be Harry Potter themed, and for better or worse, I know a lot about Harry Potter. I got there at 6:45 (trivia signup at 7), and it was packed. It’s a small place, and there wasn’t any room at the bar. There were maybe a couple of single seats available at tables, but I guessed they were taken. So I turned around and walked home. 

15 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You need to bring someone else to anchor you down.

Well, that’s the thing. I don’t really have anyone to bring to something like this. In theory, that’s why I was going. Bunch of HP nerds at a bar inspired by The Shining. If I’m going to find my people anywhere, that seemed like the place. 

5 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Then how do I meet people? I am an introvert, 9 times out of 10 I'm happy just being home alone, but I've been really fucking lonely for a long time, and I don't know how to solve that. 

I'm extremely lonely, too. I have accepted this and I'm just taking one day at a time.

ive been to a harry potter themed trivia at a bar before and it's nuts. i wouldnt go to one again. trivia night at the bar with any other theme has been fine but HP it gets too hectic and ruins the chill and fun vibe there usually is. Insane how many people know every page of the books. 

26 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Then how do I meet people? I am an introvert, 9 times out of 10 I'm happy just being home alone, but I've been really fucking lonely for a long time, and I don't know how to solve that. 

meetup.com, volunteer events, I’ve also seen plenty of people make posts to connect on local subreddits. A lot of board game stores also do open nights for D&D, Magic, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

Have you tried switching hands to spice things up a bit? Helps me sometimes.