What's The Longest You've Been a Human Being Unattended by a Pet?

stepee

6 months or so, I think. It was during a time in my life when I was single and had a really shitty, small apartment in Stroudsburg PA. For some reason I can't quite recall, I had an ancient  waterbed (you take whatever people don't want when you have no money) and the apartment was cool with cats but not with dogs and I was not going to have a cat at the same time I had a water bed. Short story long, that water bed did rupture, but not by the claw of a cat! 

I think the longest I went is a couple of months without some sort of pet. Biggest gaps of no pets would be between my first dog and 2nd dog. I remember my dad and uncle taking him away on our big blue sled and never saw him again. After that we would either have a dog or guinea pig in our household. When we lost my first golden retriever, we had no one, but thankfully got our 2nd golden about a month and half later. My family really can’t be without a pet, especially a dog.

I grew up with pets. We always had multiple dogs, some birds, and some fish. My folks still have some dogs and a couple birds, but I haven't had any pets of my own since I moved out.  Wife and I both like animals, but we value our autonomy and appreciate the lack of responsibility enough that we've never been particularly close to getting any of our own.

15 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I wouldn't have thought you were that old. 

Not sure if that's a compliment, but uh... Take it as one?

15 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Because Germany time is less than US time, he hasn't aged much.

I'm also incredibly immature, so that probably taints your picture of me. :mdancing: