Ps5 game recommendations

Hyena

4 hours ago, Hyena said:

Was gonna wait on buying a PS5 as the Series X has been good to but was able to secure one from Sony Direct yesterday. That being said what games do you guys recommend me picking up?

What kind do you like because I could give a rather long list? :p 

19 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

What kind do you like because I could give a rather long list? :p 

I'll take the long list as my taste doesn't follow a standard.  So based on the recommendations I get I'll research the titles and decide from there.

The only exclusive I can recommend wholeheartedly is Demons Souls.

GT7 is great if you love racing sims and shitty DRM.

I have heard really great things about Miles Morales and I have it, but I wanted to beat the first one first and I burned out hard on that game. I’ve heard MM is a much more focused and better experience though. 

Otherwise to me it’s like hey you like ratchet? They have a ratchet (I don’t care much for it). 

You like the first Horizon? They got that too! 

It’s nice to be able to play some of your older games with way faster load times or with slightly better graphics tho. 

18 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Sony first party stuff: Ratchet and Clank, Spiderman, Returnal, Demon Souls, Horizon Forbidden West

Just remember, if you aren't into soulsborne, Demon's Souls is the clunkiest of all of them (imo). It's an incredible and beautiful graphics showcase, and tons of it can be cheesed, but definitely don't expect Elden Ring. Its a decade old game with a sexy coat of paint.

12 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I just got mine a week ago and my initial picks were Miles Morales: Ultimate Launch Edition, Final Fantasy VII Intergrade, and Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart. 

FF7R Intergrade is another fantastic choice if you like JRPG's. MM is one of the best games of 2020, imo. Tight, focused, great characters, and the gameplay is some of the best anywhere.

Im not that hot on Ratchet. It was fun, but I wish I hadn't paid full price for it. 

16 hours ago, Hyena said:

I'll take the long list as my taste doesn't follow a standard.  So based on the recommendations I get I'll research the titles and decide from there.

Will do! I guess Astro’s Playroom is a given as it comes with the system.

Demon’s Souls Remake
Deathloop

Elden Ring

Hades

Horizon Forbidden West

Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

Resident Evil Village

Returnal

Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Spider-Man: Miles Morales

The Forgotten City

GT7 I’ve seen racing fans rave on, but I’ve not played it yet. I own Hitman 3 and It Takes Two but haven’t played them yet. Heard lovely things with both.

BC opens things up as well as I bought The Great Ace Attorney and just played on PS5. Loved it and great if you enjoy visual novel games in court room form.

• 2 weeks later...

Stunning turn of events, I'll be a PS5 disc version owner on April 7th!!

I had literally just accepted the fact that a PS5 wasn't in my very near future as I don't use any social media sites {except this one and sometime IGN & Reddit Home Theater forums}, and really only brows Best Buy or Amazon a few times a Month at best when looking for stuff. I wasn't the type to allow alerts on my phone, or search instock sites, I'm a relatively private person, exact opposite of my wife and her Facebook obsessions {To be polite she really has gotten better}

so....anyway, an Hour ago I was browsing new HBO Max series and up popped an AD for PS5 in stock Now for Best Buy total tech members. I swear to god, I laughed out loud as I walked to my computer, logged into best buy searched PS5 and there it was, 499 disc version with no Upsale! Well Total Tech is I guess but I use it for warranties on my 83" LGC1 and 65" LGCX, along with my Denon x6700H receiver and Xbox Series X so it's a much cheaper option that buying warranties for them all.. I still thought no way was it going to be this easy, WELL FU%K :shock:   I added to cart, It said I was inline for awhile with a spinning Buffering like thing spinning and then bamm! There it was! I pick it up April 7th, disc version. It cost me 4.99 as I had almost $300 {$280} in Reward certificates I had to spend by may anyways!

This is really going to hurt the wallet a bit, the wife was saying last weekend that she was surprised I didn't try harder to find a PS5, and I told her I would wait till I could just Walk in and buy one in Best Buy or find it one Amazon or BB online. I had plenty of games and have really just in the last few years realized the just how impossible my backlog of games had gotten, especially on Steam and I do own a Xbox Series X!

So, looks like that backlog is going to be dumped on some more in the coming months. I have been really kind of proud that I had been playing my Older Steam games and even my Switch, 3DSxL, and Vita lately!  Even have Elden Ring installed and haven't touched it yet! So I'm looking for  deal on a 2Tb 4th gen M.2 ssd, I bought a 1TB Series X SSD that was pretty expensive, and looks like the 1TB 980 Evo M.2 I have been holding onto wont work damnit!

Games: Ratchet & Clank, Gran Turismo 7, Eternal, Demon Souls & Deathloop all are in my near future!!!!! Just found out that Ghost of Tsushima   is upgrade free and that sucks! I never finished it and that it shameful really as I was loving it. I do this a lot. I doubt it, but I have been holding of on playing FF7 remake too because I was hoping for a free upgrade if/when I did eventually score a PS5. Fingers crossed, Looking that up now.....YES IT DOES! No way in hell I'll ever play all these games, I have a serious problem.

• Like 3

Just now, best3444 said:

@HardAct that's awesome! I know you've been wanting one really bad lol 

Yea WANTING but really honestly I have not looked at all. I mean if I was on Amazon I'd type in PS5 but that's about the extent of it. I was in BEST BUY 2 weeks ago and even my contact there said they haven't seen stock, there bought way before they ever get to the store. Kinda crazy, I though I might even wait long enough to get a PS5 Pro or a newer version that's how hard I had looked. The wife is going to be thrilled...lol NOT! I still have a SteamDeck on preorder @649.99. I have really been rethinking that purchase a lot lately. Helps that it's a waiting game! That looks like earliest is late April but I'm thinking "AFTER" 2nd Q2022 could mean anything really, late November?, or later even. It's really something I do not need at all, but I love tech so much and losing all the shit I had collected for over 30 years in gaming including 1000's of games and consoles in the camp fire   I tend to want it all back and that's impossible or ridiculous and Stupid Expensive of course. I'll Enjoy it, it'll be hooked up to the 83" LGC1 and my 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos home Theater I've been setting up and a HUGE Bucket List ITEM off my life journey...lol  For the first few months to glorify it the thing, then I'll down grade it to the Gameroom and just a meager 65" LGCX :drool:

22 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

That total tech is one of the main reasons I haven't been able to get one. I only have a credit card thru Best Buy but I'll be damned if I'm gonna give them an extra $200 just for the privilege of giving them $500.

I wouldn't either for a PS5. NO WAY!

The Total Tech is a huge money saver for me though as it covers everything I buy from them, especially my TV's LGC1 & LGCX. I was going to buy a 5 yr warranty for the LGCX and it alone was the cost of 3 years of Total tech. Now for the 200 a year, my 83" LGC1, 65" LGCx, Xbox Series X, Denon x6700H Receiver, PS5, etc are all covered for that same 200 a year. The 5 year warranty for the 83" LGC1 war 699.99. Their warranty covers Burn in too, and they even cover the Geek Squad diagnosis on any equipment I bring in that wasn't bought there like my Laptops, Wife's Tablet, etc. It's a fantastic Deal for someone who like me. Rebuilding from the Camp fire, we have spent ALOTI made a promise I'd never pay scalpers prices or retailers like Walmart that add in controller and remotes, and games, and 200 extra just for a chance to buy one. It's such a scummy practice for a retail store like Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop, Newegg, etc. My plan is to keep it for 5 years at least @200 a Yr as almost all our expensive shit like the Home Theater build, and the TV's, etc have been bough all in the last 2 years. So 1000 bucks is a steal for coverage on all this new electronic crap we have been replacing lately. Just the Denon Receiver and LGC1 83" were $8500. a warrenty on just those two items for 5 years would be over $1200. I know many don't buy Warranties, but because of the nature of Oled Tech I felt it was justified. Having it all covered under the same $200/Yr was awesome. I use my 65" LGCX as a PC monitor too and that was worrisome to me. I got my Series X the same way but had the Total tech membership already.

Good luck on finding the console your looking for man!

I should play my PS5 sometimes. I keep telling myself this, then I don't. I actually was getting into Horizon, but that had the bad luck of being released a week before Elden Ring, and Elden Ring shits all over that from so high up that I'm just not sure how I'm gonna go back to it. Returnal is a ton of fun, but I suck at it. I'll give it another go at some point. Ratchet and Clank is good, but I thought a bit overrated and way too fucking short. Looks great though. Demons Souls and the Spidermans are great, get the remastered original if you never played it for whatever reason. 

24 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Congrats, @HardAct. I was really ambivalent for a long time about getting one and now that I got one, I've really been enjoying it the last couple weeks.  Just started Ratchet & Clank last night and it's pretty fun and absolutely gorgeous.

Kinda feel bad because I made no effort to get one. It was just dumb ass luck that the poped up on the site.

R&C is probably the game I want to play the most. That and Demon Souls. I'm just gonna take it slow. Excited to give my wife a chance to play that Astro's playroom. I'm sure she wont like it but I do try and find games that she can play that are different that just match 3 gem and farmville 2 games. We tried It takes two and it was way to hard for her. She is without doubt not a gamer. She did play Animal Cossing on Switch for about a month.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Just posting here so I can get a small novel from @HardAct too :daydream: Congrats!

Yea well It is what it is. I can't hide from my ways. Way too late for that. This board/forum is where I vent and I ramble like no other. Like I said above, I'm not a social person online, all platforms out there weren't made for the likes of ME! I do enjoy coming in here. My "Small Novels" way of doing things is deeply imbedded. My mom Has a Degree in English something and we were encouraged to write. Easy enough to just skip through my Posts and  or replies. I have actually thought of putting time stamps in like You Tube. That way you can just skip to the point somewhere near the bottom of anything I have Respond to or posted. Last 500-700 words should get you there. I couldn't change If I wanted to. 

• Thanks 1