Splatoon 3 [September 9, 2022] - Expansion Pass Wave 2 Coming February 22, 2024

Keyser_Soze

I can’t feel the hype yet but I am interested in this and will certainly pick it up. I liked Splatoon 2 quite a bit, but fell off the single player mode. I feel like they could make a cool third person single player shooter game with it but won’t quite get the budget for varied environments and such. The expansion might have been better about this but a high difficulty focused one wasn’t really what I was looking for.

• 2 months later...

Hmm, I’m wondering if this is the time for another one, curious how it will do. I kinda feel like a bigger graphic overhaul would do a lot of heavy lifting hype wise if they waited for switch 2 to do this and did like some other side project instead for tail end Switch 1.

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to Splatoon 3 [September 9, 2022]
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Something about splatoon has never done it for me - I’ve never played it, but maybe I should try the demo. 

I liked Splatoon 1 well enough, was really confused when they rereleased it with a new name, which they appear to be doing yet again?

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

My daughter and I played the heck out of it yesterday. It was fun but I couldn't tell you much of what separates it from Splatoon 2. I know while it's searching for a match now you can run around shooting targets. That's fine. I noticed after a match, showing your score is like the very last thing they show you now. I still play Splatoon 2 here and there.  You could have handed the demo to me and I would have just thought it was part 2 with a new update.

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

My daughter and I played the heck out of it yesterday. It was fun but I couldn't tell you much of what separates it from Splatoon 2. I know while it's searching for a match now you can run around shooting targets. That's fine. I noticed after a match, showing your score is like the very last thing they show you now. I still play Splatoon 2 here and there.  You could have handed the demo to me and I would have just thought it was part 2 with a new update.

It does look like the exact same game ngl

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll definitely be playing the SP, read good things about it saying it’s the best yet. I thought Splatoon 2’s base sp was serviceable but still more showing signs of potential than feeling like a legit sp experience. Octo seemed in some ways like more the direction I wanted but was geared more towards being a difficult experience which isn’t what I was looking for either. 

I can see that either way the levels are still more these sparse obstacle courses in this one, and I’d like to see that be the big change for sp in 4. I’d like to see a whole campaign with the level of detail the hub has and get fully immersed into the weird world of it.

Something like that would probably help them with reception next time. This is the highest rated Splatoon yet, but I think this is the last time they will get away with “more of the same but it’s still good and even slightly better than before” with critics. I think we might see it dip down to the dreaded 70’s if they try it again for 4.