Hitman Trilogy announced for 20 January 2022 release (PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/Game Pass/Steam/EGS)

Commissar SFLUFAN

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hitman Trilogy announced for 20 January 2022 release (PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/Game Pass/Steam/EGS)
1 hour ago, best3444 said:

@stepee is Hitman 3 the game you loved and played recently? If so, this was the game everyone steered me away from but now I can play it!

Yeah, actually specifically what I was suggesting back when you won the contest was a bundle of the entire Hitman trilogy, as there is no good reason to skip 1 and 2, but it didn’t exist actually! Now it does and that is the version that is on Gamepass.

I suggested it mostly because you owned everything else that I thought had good tech for your XSX. Other people thought it was too much not like the type of game you like. But idk, I think you might dig it. Curious what you think! 

I played through Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 within Hitman 3 back to back and loved it. I am waiting for the ray tracing patch on pc (i don’t believe this will come to consoles) for Hitman 3 but I realllly want to play it. If I had known it would be over a year, I would have back then but now I’ve waited this long so hopefully by spring.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah, actually specifically what I was suggesting back when you won the contest was a bundle of the entire Hitman trilogy, as there is no good reason to skip 1 and 2, but it didn’t exist actually! Now it does and that is the version that is on Gamepass.

I suggested it mostly because you owned everything else that I thought had good tech for your XSX. Other people thought it was too much not like the type of game you like. But idk, I think you might dig it. Curious what you think! 

I played through Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 within Hitman 3 back to back and loved it. I am waiting for the ray tracing patch on pc (i don’t believe this will come to consoles) for Hitman 3 but I realllly want to play it. If I had known it would be over a year, I would have back then but now I’ve waited this long so hopefully by spring.

Awesome. Reading reviews it says starting with part 3 is perfectly fine so I'll definitely give this a shot. I'm just deep into Valhalla then I have Elden Ring and Forbidden West. I'll try Hitman 3 after that. 

47 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Awesome. Reading reviews it says starting with part 3 is perfectly fine so I'll definitely give this a shot. I'm just deep into Valhalla then I have Elden Ring and Forbidden West. I'll try Hitman 3 after that. 

I’d really not skip Hitman 1 and 2 (especially some of those lovely environments in 2!) and just play it all as one longer game. It’ll still probably only be like 25 hours or so for the whole thing. It’s a game built with replayability in mind, but with the trilogy there is so much content you can just enjoy it all straight through. They are built into the Hitman 3 engine so you don’t miss out much graphically it’s like Hitman 1/2 Remake + Hitman 3. It is also one continuous story that actually makes sense to play in a row.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’d really not skip Hitman 1 and 2 (especially some of those lovely environments in 2!) and just play it all as one longer game. It’ll still probably only be like 25 hours or so for the whole thing. It’s a game built with replayability in mind, but with the trilogy there is so much content you can just enjoy it all straight through. They are built into the Hitman 3 engine so you don’t miss out much graphically it’s like Hitman 1/2 Remake + Hitman 3. It is also one continuous story that actually makes sense to play in a row.

Ok, will do. Thanks.

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

$100

Jeeeeez… 

Incredible games but that’s a big ask. In my head they were gonna just make it $60 for the trilogy and try to sell new content from there. 

When I look at trophy lists though it doesn’t seem like most people play through the game more than once. They’ve pry crunched the numbers but I dunno. People are pretty annoyed at the 3 price on steam. Wonder if they cave. 

Playing this package from the beginning is kinda funny. You have to (unless I missed something) start the campaign for 3, quit, then you can choose content from an earlier game. I went to the prologue, because it’s been a while. As soon as I finished that, it automatically rolled me into 3’s campaign again. 

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Jeeeeez… 

Incredible games but that’s a big ask. In my head they were gonna just make it $60 for the trilogy and try to sell new content from there.

That's why it's getting review bombed on steam.

Most games that end their Epic exclusive run launch with a cheaper price a year later when it comes to steam. They decided to jack up the price instead.

Maybe you could look into playing it on game pass for a cheaper cost :whistlin:

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

That's why it's getting review bombed on steam.

Most games that end their Epic exclusive run launch with a cheaper price a year later when it comes to steam. They decided to jack up the price instead.

Maybe you could look into playing it on game pass for a cheaper cost :whistlin:

haha thanks to @Commissar SFLUFAN I own all 3. I just really like IO and what they did with the series, and I'm kind of always looking for a reason to jump in and play more of it. I feel like I've really only scratched the surface of what they have to offer.