I just experienced shared psychosis after my 48 hour fiance thought she flushed her ring down the toilet, AMA

Chris-

She did not actually flush her ring down the toilet, a fact we only discovered after about 20 minutes of panicked searching and haphazard amateur plumbing. It was on the vanity underneath things she had taken off the top of the toilet. I feel like I'm on fucking PCP right now.

• Shocked 2

19 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

How much did the ring cost?

$7,500

14 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Why would you want to marry someone so careless?

She is not careless, actually quite the opposite; she was nauseous and took the ring off before throwing up. It wasn't until we both did a cursory search of the room (I only walked in after she had flushed the toilet) and didn't see it that panic started to set in, and when you're in a panic it is hard to always remain totally cognizant. Hence why it is was a shared psychosis.

My wife thought she lost her iPhone a few months ago. Searched the house up and down. Thought she must have left it at the mall. She went back to search all the stores she was in and the parking lot. She never really set up find my iphone or whatever its called. Tried logging into her apple account to see if there was some way to enable it but you MUST set it up from another apple product like a phone, tablet, or pc. I'm all android and Windows. 4 hours of searching and feeling defeated she went to the bathroom. She saw the phone on top of the medicine cabinet where she put it before getting a shower that morning.... All that anger and frustration just instantly wash away was quite the feeling. 

Just now, DarkStar189 said:

My wife thought she lost her iPhone a few months ago. Searched the house up and down. Thought she must have left it at the mall. She went back to search all the stores she was in and the parking lot. She never really set up find my iphone or whatever its called. Tried logging into her apple account to see if there was some way to enable it but you MUST set it up from another apple product like a phone, tablet, or pc. I'm all android and Windows. 4 hours of searching and feeling defeated she went to the bathroom. She saw it on top of the medicine cabinet where she put it before getting a shower that morning.... All that anger and frustration just instantly wash away was quite the feeling. 

We were sitting on the bathroom floor and I was trying to console her when I literally saw it glitter out of the corner of my eye, the sense of relief when I put my fingers on it and realized it was the ring my soul entered my body. Oh my god I will never feel something like that again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rachel said:

This is why you don’t spend that much money on an overpriced rock lol

It wasn't so much the money aspect that panicked me, it was the clear distress and pain in her voice...Beyond the fact it's her new engagement ring, it is actually my late mother's ring (the cost was just to get a new stone, since my brother took that for his wife's engagement ring), so she was extremely distraught at the thought of flushing my mom's ring away.

I remember when I gave my wife a diamond necklace for her birthday when we were on vacation. She misplaced it and lost her shit. I felt bad, but honestly, didn’t care much since I always lose shit. Luckily, we found it underneath the passenger seat of the rental car. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rachel said:

My ring was $600 and even I think that was too much. 

My friend who used to work at a jeweler saw it and guessed it cost around $4-5k 😂😂😂

Yeah, diamonds and shit mean nothing to me. I haven’t worn my engagement ring since I got married 11 years ago. 

Seriously, these Enso rings are the most comfortable ring ever. I used to love my plain tungsten band, but now I hardly wear it. 

My wife and I bought the wedding/engagement rings of a recently divorced co-worker of my wife’s at the time. It was $500 for the whole set. She lost her ring a few years ago and I replaced that with one she liked for maybe $1000. We aren’t really expensive jewelry people.

5 hours ago, Rachel said:

My stone is moissanite. Literally everyone assumes it’s a Diamond. Even the former jewelry store salesperson 😂 #diamondsareascam

My friends father was a jeweler so he offered his help to pick out the diamond at the diamond exchange. First thing he taught me is to look for the rainbow. If that jeweler doesn’t know that, he/she is bad at their job. 

5 hours ago, Rachel said:

mined by child slaves 

Who you hate so

who cares family guy GIF

On 12/17/2021 at 9:24 PM, DarkStar189 said:

My wife thought she lost her iPhone a few months ago. Searched the house up and down. Thought she must have left it at the mall. She went back to search all the stores she was in and the parking lot. She never really set up find my iphone or whatever its called. Tried logging into her apple account to see if there was some way to enable it but you MUST set it up from another apple product like a phone, tablet, or pc. I'm all android and Windows. 4 hours of searching and feeling defeated she went to the bathroom. She saw the phone on top of the medicine cabinet where she put it before getting a shower that morning.... All that anger and frustration just instantly wash away was quite the feeling. 

Why didn't you just call her phone?