Bloomberg: Sony is planning a new subscription service, code-named Spartacus, to take on Xbox Game Pass. It's being pitched as a three-tier service that will merge PlayStation Now with PlayStation Plus. Highest tier could include PS1/PS2/PSP games

Brian

• Brian changed the title to Bloomberg: Sony is planning a new subscription service, code-named Spartacus, to take on Xbox Game Pass. It's being pitched as a three-tier service that will merge PlayStation Now with PlayStation Plus. Highest tier could include PS1/PS2/PSP games
5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Hopefully that means we’re closer to bc/emulation. I have plenty of games dating back to PS1 that would play very conveniently with PS5.

I could see Sony, unlike Nintendo, using their back catalog to have a real netflix style bc history all available with a monthly billed service, instead of just 10 or so games. By the time mid gen  refresh comes around they should be able to emulate ps3 and they can finally have a full bc Sony system again!

30 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

SOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLONY!

Doesn't PS Now already have a huge catalog of PS1, PS2, and PS3 games.  It seemed like there was a huge catalog of those games when I logged on.

There is no way this is introducing a way to Natively play those games, because then that'd be BC, and players should be able to play their native discs or download the games natively that they already owned digitally like Xbox does it.

I personally don't see what's so new about this.  It seems more of a rebranding of PS Now because it has such a bag stigma.  PS4's PS Now had PS4 games release on it. so everyone already expected PS5 games to come to PS Now anyway.

3 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Doesn't PS Now already have a huge catalog of PS1, PS2, and PS3 games.  It seemed like there was a huge catalog of those games when I logged on.

There is no way this is introducing a way to Natively play those games, because then that'd be BC, and players should be able to play their native discs or download the games natively that they already owned digitally like Xbox does it.

I personally don't see what's so new about this.  It seems more of a rebranding of PS Now because it has such a bag stigma.  PS4's PS Now had PS4 games release on it. so everyone already expected PS5 games to come to PS Now anyway.

yeah i think theyre mostly just merging the two services which they should have done a long time ago. maybe they'll add a few new things but i dont expect anything game changing. 

I sadly have more faith in sony to make a good netflix like service for classic titles more than I do nintendo (MS has been killing it btw on this front). =/ So if the yearly cost isn't much more than PS+ is now I would give it a shot.

53 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Ctrl+F: Vita

Yup that tracks!

@chakoo is sad

Hey at least they recognized that the PSP existed. That is progress. It would be nice if they eventually add vita emulation/support in the future.