MY NEW Home Theater is coming along rather nicely!!!

HardAct

OH MAN ARE WE Excited to say the least! I recently went ahead and decided to upgrade our new homes Theater room and main Livingroom. I decided that I needed the complete SVS treatment after hearing them at a friends house.\Now when I started I didn't want cheap, but I didn't want to break bank so to speak either. We set aside a starting budget of 15,000 and speakers were first. I decided I wanted a 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos system and knowing that all new amps with HDMI 2.1 have issues with the 48ghz bandwidth. Either promising a latter firmware update for things like VRR, Dolby Vision, etc. So I knew I was going to have some time to get that piece. Also, my current Onkyo is only 7.2. I'm also buying an AMP 7ch possible that sweet OUTLAW 7ch amp that's 200 watts all channels driven for just 1000 bucks, but no need right now! Been watch the Denon 6700 but it's not there yet.

Anyway we just bought SVS Ultra towers {L/R Front}, SVS Ultra Surrounds {L/R SS}, SVS Ultra Center and SVS Prime Pinnacles {L/R Rear} and 4 SVS Prime Elevation for the Atmos up on the Celine, and 2x SVS 2000pro Subs making it a 7.2.4 Dolby Atmos. Also 2 of their wireless Dongle thingy for wireless SUB Placement convince. A DREAM! Very expensive at just over 7231.99k. I have looked now and the same set up right now is $2300 more because of the whole shortages and I bought mine at the perfect time. All SVS Speakers come with unconditional replacement plan covering 10yrs!

I've had these speakers up and running now for 4 months and they are now fully paid for!! and like I said the 4 Prime Elevation aren't up yet as I don't have a Receiver yet capable of powering 11 speakers. So I've been watching the LGC1 very closely for price drops as we are set on getting the LGC1 83" if it dropped below $5000 and it did just that here in Best Buy Oregon. 4999.99 still a bit overwhelming to actually pull the trigger on, but that's what we did. It's being installed on Nov. 27th 9am. I have the best Sanus full motion wall mount you can get, very heave duty. They took 100 off the already expensive mount making it 249.99. Free install, and a wall hiding kit for the wires. So Frikk'n excited. Still about 3500-4k in the budget for the new receiver and the Amp and I'm gonna have a very high-end home theater system anyone would be proud. Plus just the future proofing that TV is makes me know I've made a good choice.

I bit the bullet a ways back on the 65 inch LGCX that I have in my man cave / game room. These TV's are like meant for each other when it comes to todays newest tech. Now I just need a PS5 man. Thought's on the overall system, your likes and dislikes. recommendations on a receiver that's all HDMI 2.1 out of the box, with at least 11 channels processed, and any really good amps out there capable or pushing 200 watts through 7 channels all driven anywhere around 1000-2000 bucks too would be nice! I will need a good in wall optical cable and 3 10-12 FT' HDMI 2.1 Certified cables too. Thanks guys.....

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I'll add pics when I get home. I'm in the hospital with my grandson. Hes really sick. All I have are the speakers up and the tape on the wall marking out where the 83" will be. My nu 8000 samsung 65" is there now.

Grandson first, pics later.

... but still, pics.

• Haha 1

The pictures of the project at this point:

moderators: PLZ help me do these pictures. I have the requested pics showing the system, the marked wall outlined with tape to show where the new 83" will be in from of my Samsung nu8000 65". The last one truly shows just how much larger the new tv will be, and thus wall mounted. also pics of the new blinds in the living room and pics of all the boxes before I opened them and started to make my cables.

I'm asking to plz look these over and see if I have at all left myself venerable by sharing these pics. I'm including a pic of the receipt for the TV and the Work order with the Item being installed, the date, and my name and address. I'm not good at linking to pictures and I only know of one way and that's to link to the entire "home theater" folder on google drive. I'd appreciate it you could spot security issues as in being able to then see all my photos on my account, etc. This I would greatly appreciate. I'm linking to a whole folder, here it is....

DRIVE.GOOGLE.COM

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HardAct said:

moderators: PLZ help me do these pictures. I have the requested pics showing the system, the marked wall outlined with tape to show where the new 83" will be in from of my Samsung nu8000 65". The last one truly shows just how much larger the new tv will be, and thus wall mounted. also pics of the new blinds in the living room and pics of all the boxes before I opened them and started to make my cables.

I'm asking to plz look these over and see if I have at all left myself venerable by sharing these pics. I'm including a pic of the reciept for the TV and the Work order with the Item being installed, the date, and my name and address. I'm not good at linking to pictures and I only know of one way and that's to link to the entire "home theater" folder on google drive. I'd appreciate it you could spot security issues as in being able to then see all my photoes on my account, etc. This I would greatly appreciate. I'm linking to a whole folder, here it is....

DRIVE.GOOGLE.COM

Lookin' swish, brother

Sorry guys, I wrote up the post while at the Hospital. My youngest grandson Carter whos 14 months has been really sic. We are all Vaccinated and have done out so very best to not gather while this virus still rages across our country. We did allow though my youngest to come down for a few weeks because she was willing to get the shots, half my kids wont do it period!! NO FUNNY but we were then worried as he has a horrible cough, heavily congested, etc. Worrisome, Scaring me big time. Looks like there keeping them overnight and my wife just took over for me. I was there 6 hours. Negative Covid 19, but he has a severe chest infection so looks like he's in good hands and was feeling better a few hours ago after 24 hours of just screaming and coughing. It's real tough to know just when it time to go the ER route with the virus out there everywhere. Glad we did....

Very sorry about the post and no pics though guys, I'm so bad at uploading pics to somewhere and then knowing how to link them out to better describe my rants...lol Enjoy man, it isn't over but the 2 biggest purchases are either paid for and home already like the bad ass SVS Ultra speaker system, and the coming very soon LGC1 83" wall mounted Oled. Blessed.....

48 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Lookin' swish, brother

We still have to get the furniture figured out too. Wife wants a huge c shaped sectional with a lounger at the far left side. Sub placement is really a key issue. Right now they sound perfect, but if I lose that one corner ill have to figure something else out. I LOVE THE SVS wireless kits, so versatile! These speakers are all in the sexy Gloss Black too, all 13 speakers. Amazing set and should last for 20 years I'd say at least. Truly a bucket list project as just 25 months ago we lost everything we owned in that damned camp fire, and then our son to brain cancer a few months later. Finding this house in a new state, a wonderful home is a blessing. Losing our jobs of 22 & 27 years forever too was just overwhelming. These forums mentally really helped up stay sane, at least me. I'm not at all that social. Not a Facebook, Instagram, anything. We have so long still to go but we are picking up the pieces faster every day....

Check out that one great pic of the 83" TVs dimensions in masking tape behind the 65" TV, it's going to massive and I can not wait!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, HardAct said:

The pictures of the project at this point:

I'm asking to plz look these over and see if I have at all left myself venerable by sharing these pics. I'm including a pic of the receipt for the TV and the Work order with the Item being installed, the date, and my name and address. I'm not good at linking to pictures and I only know of one way and that's to link to the entire "home theater" folder on google drive. I'd appreciate it you could spot security issues as in being able to then see all my photos on my account, etc. This I would greatly appreciate. I'm linking to a whole folder, here it is....

DRIVE.GOOGLE.COM

Nice. I set up my HT while I was on disability. I found a LG oled 65in the A series on sale for 1800 at costco. Picked up a new receiver and connected my tower speakers to it. My living room connects to my dining room so I can't go for a full surround set up. Pretty happy with everything. I just need to plug my fios STB and the switch to the TV. The AI upscaler is better then the 4k upscaling that my receiver provides. Have my PC connected and bought a Sony 4k bluray player. 

Can't recommend a 4k blu ray player enough. Does the PS5 support UHD Blu rays? Don't waste that screen on streaming.

Also I see doggos.

4 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Nice. I set up my HT while I was on disability. I found a LG oled 65in the A series on sale for 1800 at costco. Picked up a new receiver and connected my tower speakers to it. My living room connects to my dining room so I can't go for a full surround set up. Pretty happy with everything. I just need to plug my fios STB and the switch to the TV. The AI upscaler is better then the 4k upscaling that my receiver provides. Have my PC connected and bought a Sony 4k bluray player. 

Can't recommend a 4k blu ray player enough. Does the PS5 support UHD Blu rays? Don't waste that screen on streaming.

Also I see doggos.

Cant second this enough, a quality hd bluray player makes all the difference

I highly recommend this Panasonic though its pricey at 500bucks.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/panasonic-streaming-4k-ultra-hd-hi-res-audio-with-dolby-vision-7-1-channel-dvd-cd-3d-wi-fi-built-in-blu-ray-player-black/6278202.p?skuId=6278202&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=2517&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-K2MBhC-ARIsAMtLKRv2a14_xY9sC4fsUwB7Y2eDfSVMK1yATEyNMo_c1immaayJgVWObtkaAkQAEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

6 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I got this Sony XP700 I think. I was expecting to go back to work in Sept so I splurged on it and an Onkyo receiver so I could set them up before going back.

Probably the weekend before last I decided to try it. Picked up one of those BBC documentaries A Perfect Planet and was floored. Got 2 other documentaries. I bought Godzilla KOTM and Spider Man Far From Home in 4k to start getting a library sometime last year. LOTRs, John Wick 1 and the Indiana Jones quad round out my 4k library. I do kinda feel like a noob it appears I bought 1917 in DVD/Blu ray as opposed 5o bluray/UHD.

Just make sure you get/upgrade Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse to the 4K UHD disc. I don’t care what people think of the movie but LUCY is one fucking stunning disc on either format. If you don’t have 3D, Ready Player One looks and sounds amazing. Planet Earth 2 is, well, it’s beautiful 

On 11/10/2021 at 5:22 PM, silentbob said:

Just make sure you get/upgrade Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse to the 4K UHD disc. I don’t care what people think of the movie but LUCY is one fucking stunning disc on either format. If you don’t have 3D, Ready Player One looks and sounds amazing. Planet Earth 2 is, well, it’s beautiful 

READY PLAYER ONE was the first movie I listen too at reference levels with the new speakers and just wow and I didn't even have the 4 prime elevations installed for the Atmos track. I'm looking wildly for a comparable 11.2 AVR as we speak, I'm hearing the Denon X6700H is now fixed if you get models shipped after may but I'm still weary. They also upped the price now too, it was 2500 everywhere and now it's 2999.99! I'll wait this price hikes out like I did with LGC1 83". One great thing about getting it at best Buy is that there price matching it through January 16th!!! So if it dips for black Friday, or any time during the holidays I'm good. I really respect that. I can't wait to get a AVR with 11channels with at least 140watts. These speakers need more power, my current Onkyo is just 80 watts and that's just one channel driven but still can shake the walls. 

Anyone have experience with OUTLAW AMPS? I'm currently locked on this very consumer priced 7ch amp that's 130 watts all channels driven but just 1000 bucks. This will be the first time I have ever amplified my floor channels, but eventually I'll have all 7 channels on the floor amped and just let the AVR handle the Atmos Celine 4 channels. This is all getting very exciting. I had a decent man cave in the house the fire took, and a nice home theater, but I thought that wouldn't even happen again.  

Three changes to my initial post:

1.  SVS has a 5 year no question replacement warranty, not the 10 I first stated. Still best in the industry I've seen.

2. It's been over 3 years since the fucking fire Nov18th 2018}, not the 2 I first said.

3. I bought two Svs 1000pro subs not 2000pro like I said oops. There not very big but man do they boom as a tandem, I'm so so very impressed. At first we had the on the back of the room in the corners but they we way to boooomy. We then dialed them in a bit using YouTube and placed on in the front right and left the other in the back left and now you can't even tell where the Subs are in movies and music. That's what you want, can't tell exactly where they are but boy do you know they are there if that makes any sense.

I too am waiting on my Denon x6700 to get delivered to the store. I ordered it at the end of August and was originally 2-4 week wait, and it just keeps getting longer. It’s $4k up here in Canada, but was able to get a quote and price matched at another store for $600 less. My stupid Marantz sr7010 power supply (or something) is crapping out on me and the sound won’t go any higher then Dolby 5.1 and even then loses sound. 

• Shocked 1

13 hours ago, silentbob said:

I too am waiting on my Denon x6700 to get delivered to the store. I ordered it at the end of August and was originally 2-4 week wait, and it just keeps getting longer. It’s $4k up here in Canada, but was able to get a quote and price matched at another store for $600 less. My stupid Marantz sr7010 power supply (or something) is crapping out on me and the sound won’t go any higher then Dolby 5.1 and even then loses sound. 

Let me know in this post if you could when it arrives plz. Are you doing dolby atmos? Do you use any new consoles or 20 series or higher gpus to test vrr, dolby vision, and 4k 120 pass through? Thanks man.

Forgot to ask how is the wifi on your TV? Mine worked for like a day. It lost connection claiming the password was bad and I had to just ethernet it.

At work I run into alot of people complaining about wifi and smart tvs. I think tv manufactures just cheap out on their wifi chipsets. Gonna start recommend ethernet connections but I could always use more data.

18 minutes ago, HardAct said:

Let me know in this post if you could when it arrives plz. Are you doing dolby atmos? Do you use any new consoles or 20 series or higher gpus to test vrr, dolby vision, and 4k 120 pass through? Thanks man.

Sadly I have no VRR set in my house, have all systems, currently setup for 5.2.4 Atmos but I’ll be adding 2 front wides to my setup for a 7.2.4 setup. Hoping to hear from the store this week or by next week at the latest. Newer Denon models (lower speaker counts) are suppose to be in stores mid Nov and hoping my receiver is part of that larger shipment coming overseas.

I like you need 11 channels + two subs. My onkyo I have now though a budget avr is doing a good job with the 5.2 

Why 2 front wides when you can have side surrounds? One cool thing about the svs ultra surrounds is the ability to wire bi polar, or bi-wire. I'm not doing this though. I have them as my side surrounds, and have svs prime pinnicle towers in the rear, Just a thought?

On 11/11/2021 at 11:02 AM, Zaku3 said:

Forgot to ask how is the wifi on your TV? Mine worked for like a day. It lost connection claiming the password was bad and I had to just ethernet it.

At work I run into alot of people complaining about wifi and smart tvs. I think tv manufactures just cheap out on their wifi chipsets. Gonna start recommend ethernet connections but I could always use more data.

I havent run into any issues with wifi and any of my samsung tvs, or lg. I only have experience with the lgcx but I use wifi on them all. My gaming room is all the way down the far end of the house to and the samsung q8fn, and the lgcx all run perfectly. I will add, I have the strongest internet package from spectrum and it's doing great. I have a great router too. I run hulu, netflix, amazon prime video, you tube, hbo max, etc. Not a single issue.

I sure hope the new 83" lgc1 dosent have issu with wifi, it is about 15 feet from the router but with a large wall between them. I also dont have or need a wifi extender. Fingers crossed the lgc1 is no different

I'll close with, I dont have any "budget tvs" there all mid to high tear. I have 2 samsungs nu8000's (50" & 65") and 1 lgcx and a lgc1 coming november 27th

• 3 weeks later...

Home Theater Update PICTURES HERE!

Well The 27th cam and went and along with it our 83" LGC1 was installed into our home theater! So damned exciting and what a stunner it is too! It just can not disappoint! The complete picture I had in my head is now coming to light. We knew it was going to be an expensive project and knew it could take awhile to get it all done but it's now about 75% done! The 2 most expensive components are in there spots. Speakers are paid for, they cost the most and it's on to the final 2.5 pieces. I made the decision to place the SVS ultra center on top of the entertainment center thus raising the TV higher than I first envisioned but it's so perfect! This is a really bright room too so we had all new blackout blinds put it {By Me} and it made a HUGE difference just leaving a large half circle window at the back of the room...lol This was extremely distracting when we first turned it on, it's all we saw but the tilt feature took care of that and my wife gets to keep her window and the plants that live there, happy wife, happy life!

I have 4 Dolby Atmos height SVS prime elevations to install still 2 in Front L/R and 2 in the rear L/R up high, its a great room for it being raised Ceilings anyway and I don't have yet the needed AVR for that. In total I'll need 11 channels and 2 subs outs to complete the 7.2.4 Atmos set up. Going from a 7 ch to an 11 ch really ups the cost, so something like the Denon X6700H or something like that and I'll be adding an amp with at least 7 channels to power it like it should be, something like the Outlaw 7000 series 130 watts all channels driven. Leaving the Denon to only handle the 4 height channels and the subs!!!

THIS HERE is my vision where it is now, more to come for those interested ...

Setup looks nice 👍🏻 and sadly I’m still waiting on that Denon x6700 receiver. Last week I went from being told late Nov/Early Dec arrival, mom wanted a new tv and bought a 55” LG C1 OLED from same store, told receiver might be in, it wasn’t, and now won’t be here until (hopefully) January 

34 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Setup looks nice 👍🏻 and sadly I’m still waiting on that Denon x6700 receiver. Last week I went from being told late Nov/Early Dec arrival, mom wanted a new tv and bought a 55” LG C1 OLED from same store, told receiver might be in, it wasn’t, and now won’t be here until (hopefully) January 

Can be a good thing the 4 / 120 pass through chip set issues are still a thing. Theres a reason we arent seeing 2021 receivers and it's almost 2022. I'm waiting but I know theres a way to make sure you have the updated firmware and the newer chips that show it made past may. If you look it up its online. I'm not sold on the deno but it perfectly covers my needs. I'm going amp first and waiting to see the new line revievers to make a sound decision, this has to be perfect. My best buy has the denon in stock, I'm waiting

16 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Aw hell yeah, brother, that's the good shit. What kind of wood is that, if you know? I really dig it.

It's just a venier cover over cheaper wood we got the set at Ashley's furniture after the fire took all our furnature. It's meant to all be together with a shelf across the top, I like the look of the towers separated and let me tell you there heavy as fuck, especially the main entertainment base, its easily 250lbs. I love the fact that I can now finally see behind the thing and not have to squeeze past the edge of the 65" Samsung nu8000 that was there. Just sold that tv for 700 so I'm happy about that