Stellar Blade (Korean Bayonetta/NieR:Automata | PS5 | 26 April 2024) - reviews from OpenCritic and Digital Foundry posted

Commissar SFLUFAN

47 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

As I said earlier, I'm talking about years of this on the entertainment board, this board, etc. where this has come up in the past. Not specifically limited to just having some weird, pathological obsession of limiting a large portion of your video game playing to this since it has applied to others things you do in the past. Your adamancy on this issue to me is a confession of the problem I've been pointing out. It comes up rarely, and I never said it was harmful to anyone, but it's still not a good ideology to have.

This is why I suggested reading some basic fourth generation feminism. This is what the term "woke" used to mean, to be "woken up" from all of the ingrained negative social norms that society has created over hundreds of years that we've all been subconsciously playing into, in this case, women to be viewed and thought about in certain ways. Same applies to racism, etc. It takes actually reading up and educating ourselves on these things because we're countering societal brainwashing. 

Well I definitely appreciate that you're keeping things civil and straightforward. I'd re-read all the posts that have been responding to you in this thread and try to grasp what, exactly, smart users like legend are saying. No one is saying to not enjoy beautiful women, we all do, but the way we do it, the way we think about it, the way that manifests itself in the world all matter. For instance, there's nothing wrong with an incredibly attractive female main character. What's weird is the creator's specific obsession with it. To be like: "I thought sleazily about how much her backside needs to look hot as fuck to dudes because you're staring at her backside the whole game". It's the intent there that's sleazy. It's just sort of gross. I'm pumped for the game, I don't care what the character looks like, but it does speak to heteronormative gender dynamics in art, as yet another reminder that the intent behind why things are done the way they are should have a point or if it's saying more about the artist than anything (that they have weird views on women).

I'm not surprised by this; you two are: (a) not very smart; and (b) he has a history of this, I'm not limiting my comments to only what he said in this thread so maybe you two should step aside since you both usually have no idea what you're talking about. Adults are talking here. The fact you frame me pointing out his sexism as an "attack" is all that needs to be said about your grasp on this issue. I like that trying to educate someone or wake someone up from their ingrained negative social norms is always an "attack" when it gets pointed out on the non-political boards regardless of who is doing it. If you two actually cared about elevating yourselves at all, you'd sit down and listen and learn and try to see that it's never an attack. Legend and Ghost_MH suddenly "attacking" other users when they never do normally? Crazy talk. And I just jumped into this thread on the last page, so I assume you're not just referring to me.

You're so full of yourself it's gross. I couldn't care less what you think of me. I'm an intelligent adult but i don't take a message board as seriously as you do. You're a joke. 

• Like 1
  • True 1

6 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

You can have both. Bear in mind this whole discussion started because I said I think in the context of Stellar Blade, Eve is fine -- the game is deliberately over the top in all aspects. It's not fine when it's demanded to be universal in all games and inserted into places it doesn't belong.

If only I could think of an analogy for it being inserted in places it doesn't belong...

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Lara Croft was just boobs and guns when she was originally introduced. 

Lara Croft wasn't in a bikini.  And if the best example people have is a game from 1996, I'm moving on.

Good Faith Discussion -- talking about things that are actually in games

Bad Faith Discussion -- coming up with fictitious examples and basing your entire discussion around it 

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

Lara Croft wasn't in a bikini.  And if the best example people have is a game from 1996, I'm moving on.

Good Faith Discussion -- talking about things that are actually in games

Bad Faith Discussion -- coming up with fictitious examples and basing your entire discussion around it 

We should just drop it. Your life is going to be hard enough as it is when ChatGPT is already exceeding your reading comprehension and ability to grasp analogies.

• Haha 1

BTW, my post was only directed to @Greatoneshere because he was extremely harsh and personally attacking Phaseknox. He thinks he's some sort of genius it's disgusting. He writes essay after essay in proving his points all over this forum. He is never wrong lol. Just shut your fuckin mouth, dude. 

@legend @skillzdadirecta Were completely respectful and made their points. I have nothing bad to say about them. 

27 minutes ago, Biggie said:

atleast he was able to disagree with Phase in one sentence unlike the guy who writes a essay.

What are you on about? Legend has made multiple posts so it's not like he made one post with one sentence but nice try. 

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You're so full of yourself it's gross. I couldn't care less what you think of me. I'm an intelligent adult but i don't take a message board as seriously as you do. You're a joke. 

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

BTW, my post was only directed to @Greatoneshere because he was extremely harsh and personally attacking Phaseknox. He thinks he's some sort of genius it's disgusting. He writes essay after essay in proving his points all over this forum. He is never wrong lol. Just shut your fuckin mouth, dude.

Where did I personally attack PhaseKnox? Quote it and point it out to me. I'm simply pointing out what I've noticed over time. But any time you are challenged you never actually step up and try to get into a real conversation. it's all reductive, superficial points. I'm pretty sure you have some real problems because you constantly flip flop on issues all the time. In one thread you praise Trump being better than Biden, in another you hate Trump. You'll post on the politics board then complain about the response, say you won't come back, then you do again and again. You say something offensive, double down, then eventually backtrack or apologize. It's a cycle with you. You do this with everything. Skillz just pointed it out in this thread. You tell yourself whatever you want, I don't care. I admit I'm wrong all the time, there's proof in years past in other threads. Writing "essays" is a criticism? You are showing how much of an "intelligent adult" you are. I never once called myself a genius anywhere, so again, you just sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Hopefully this one paragraph doesn't qualify as an "essay" to you. 

I'm done giving you my attention. Say whatever the hell you want. I mostly ignore your posts but sometimes you need to be called out for your arrogance and hatred. I think you are a lawyer so that explains everything I need to know about you. 

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm done giving you my attention. Say whatever the hell you want. I mostly ignore your posts but sometimes you need to be called out for your arrogance and hatred. I think you are a lawyer so that explains everything I need to know about you. 

I'm not a lawyer, I used to be but I quit the profession 11 years ago because I didn't enjoy the arrogance, politics and cynicism within that profession. You can always block my posts, it would be absolutely no loss to me. And I'm not sure where I had any arrogance or hatred in this thread? I've seen your posts for years and I made an assessment over time that you're not very smart. Not sure why I should lie and say you are smart when I think you're not. And thinking that knowing someone's profession "explains everything you need to know about someone" is just classic you. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

As I said earlier, I'm talking about years of this on the entertainment board, this board, etc. where this has come up in the past. Not specifically limited to just having some weird, pathological obsession of limiting a large portion of your video game playing to this since it has applied to others things you do in the past. Your adamancy on this issue to me is a confession of the problem I've been pointing out. It comes up rarely, and I never said it was harmful to anyone, but it's still not a good ideology to have.

This is why I suggested reading some basic fourth generation feminism. This is what the term "woke" used to mean, to be "woken up" from all of the ingrained negative social norms that society has created over hundreds of years that we've all been subconsciously playing into, in this case, women to be viewed and thought about in certain ways. Same applies to racism, etc. It takes actually reading up and educating ourselves on these things because we're countering societal brainwashing. 

Well I definitely appreciate that you're keeping things civil and straightforward. I'd re-read all the posts that have been responding to you in this thread and try to grasp what, exactly, smart users like legend are saying. No one is saying to not enjoy beautiful women, we all do, but the way we do it, the way we think about it, the way that manifests itself in the world all matter. For instance, there's nothing wrong with an incredibly attractive female main character. What's weird is the creator's specific obsession with it. To be like: "I thought sleazily about how much her backside needs to look hot as fuck to dudes because you're staring at her backside the whole game". It's the intent there that's sleazy. It's just sort of gross. I'm pumped for the game, I don't care what the character looks like, but it does speak to heteronormative gender dynamics in art, as yet another reminder that the intent behind why things are done the way they are should have a point or if it's saying more about the artist than anything (that they have weird views on women).

I'm not surprised by this; you two are: (a) not very smart; and (b) he has a history of this, I'm not limiting my comments to only what he said in this thread so maybe you two should step aside since you both usually have no idea what you're talking about. Adults are talking here. The fact you frame me pointing out his sexism as an "attack" is all that needs to be said about your grasp on this issue. I like that trying to educate someone or wake someone up from their ingrained negative social norms is always an "attack" when it gets pointed out on the non-political boards regardless of who is doing it. If you two actually cared about elevating yourselves at all, you'd sit down and listen and learn and try to see that it's never an attack. Legend and Ghost_MH suddenly "attacking" other users when they never do normally? Crazy talk. And I just jumped into this thread on the last page, so I assume you're not just referring to me.

KOREAN BOOBS 

Edit: Yall incels need to just get a room and fuck already. 

35 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Actually, I think they're more topless strippers in the strip joint.

It’s got it all.  Girls in bikinis is stock for their key art.

I think people have an oddly selective memory about this franchise.  You know, thank goodness we don’t get games like Duke Nukem 3D anymore, but never mind the franchise where you can fuck then shoot the scantily clad women.

If they brought back ‘hot coffee’ today, I’m not sure people would make such a deal of it anymore.  Sexualization in Western games may not always be as visual, but it’s still become more gameified than when the industry was targeting male teenagers.  The cringe is still there, it’s just a different flavor now.

• Halal 1

Just now, crispy4000 said:

It’s got it all.  Girls in bikinis is stock for their key art.

I think people have oddly selective memory about this franchise.  You know, thank goodness we don’t get games like Duke Nukem 3D anymore, but never mind the game where you can fuck then shoot the scantily clad women.

If they brought back ‘hot coffee’ today, I’m not sure people would make such a deal of it anymore.  Sexualization in Western games may not always be as visual, but its become more gameified than when games were targeting teenagers.

The "select the right three dialog prompts to fuck the NPC" is always kinda gross. 

• True 1

16 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm not a lawyer, I used to be but I quit the profession 11 years ago because I didn't enjoy the arrogance, politics and cynicism within that profession. You can always block my posts, it would be absolutely no loss to me. And I'm not sure where I had any arrogance or hatred in this thread? I've seen your posts for years and I made an assessment over time that you're not very smart. Not sure why I should lie and say you are smart when I think you're not. And thinking that knowing someone's profession "explains everything you need to know about someone" is just classic you. :lol: 

You always love to say I'm not intelligent. I have a lot of mental health issues that I am currently working on with new medication and a new therapist. I think I'm a smart person who has said some ignorant things in the past. The past...I'm improving myself day by day like you preach so you shouldn't be attacking my intelligence you should be congratulating me. You're extremely arrogant and post on a random message board. You might want to take a look at yourself before criticizing others. You sit on your high horse every single day and post as though everything you say is facts. 

27 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

What are you on about? Legend has made multiple posts so it's not like he made one post with one sentence but nice try. 

Where did I personally attack PhaseKnox? Quote it and point it out to me. I'm simply pointing out what I've noticed over time. But any time you are challenged you never actually step up and try to get into a real conversation. it's all reductive, superficial points. I'm pretty sure you have some real problems because you constantly flip flop on issues all the time. In one thread you praise Trump being better than Biden, in another you hate Trump. You'll post on the politics board then complain about the response, say you won't come back, then you do again and again. You say something offensive, double down, then eventually backtrack or apologize. It's a cycle with you. You do this with everything. Skillz just pointed it out in this thread. You tell yourself whatever you want, I don't care. I admit I'm wrong all the time, there's proof in years past in other threads. Writing "essays" is a criticism? You are showing how much of an "intelligent adult" you are. I never once called myself a genius anywhere, so again, you just sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Hopefully this one paragraph doesn't qualify as an "essay" to you. 

Hey genius. My comment was about @best3444 post not @legend  Take a breath and let your mouth catch up with that prodigy brain of yours. 

5 minutes ago, AlwaysDyingX said:

Dude Stop. He's obviously a deranged incel that thinks white knighting here will get him somewhere with a woman. I guarantee he hasn't had pussy since pussy had him. Best to block/ignore 

Yea. I am going to block the idiot. 

• Hugs 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysDyingX said:

Anyway......

HOW IS THE GAME????

Anyone playing it yet?

I'm playing first thing tomorrow morning. There is a demo on psn if you're curious. It's pretty damn good. 

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You always love to say I'm not intelligent. I have a lot of mental health issues that I am currently working on with new medication and a new therapist. I think I'm a smart person who has said some ignorant things in the past. The past...I'm improving myself day by day like you preach so you shouldn't be attacking my intelligence you should be congratulating me. You're extremely arrogant and post on a random message board. You might want to take a look at yourself before criticizing others. You sit on your high horse every single day and post as though everything you say is facts. 

No, I post every single day as though everything I say is what I believe, based on accumulated evidence over time, since I try not to typically arrive at a point about something without first feeling informed on that thing. And I'm not sure what your mental health issues have to do with your intelligence. Smart people have mental health issues and dumb people have mental health issues. Yes, I do preach improving yourself day to day and I'm glad you're doing that but you can still be not very smart and improve yourself each day and continue to work on your mental health issues separately. Again, I'm not going to get into someone's struggles with mental health, but I'm not seeing the correlation between your mental health issues and me saying you're not very smart with regards to what you say in threads on this board. Again, quote where I was arrogant (you won't). I'm not sure what you want me to take a look at, I'm asking you to point out where I was arrogant and was hating on anyone. I'll respond to what you quote, either explaining myself or agreeing it was arrogant and/or hateful. I'll wait. 

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Hey genius. My comment was about @best3444 post not @legend  Take a breath and let your mouth catch up with that prodigy brain of yours. 

Then your comment is even more stupid because that means then, in effect, you're praising someone for succinct, contradictory stupidity over a salient point (since what skillz pointed out was best's flip flopping) I had to presume that you had to be referring to legend because it would be too stupid if you referring to best but indeed I gave you more credit than I should have. 

14 minutes ago, AlwaysDyingX said:

Dude Stop. He's obviously a deranged incel that thinks white knighting here will get him somewhere with a woman. I guarantee he hasn't had pussy since pussy had him. 

I'm married but nice try. And people here have seen pictures of me and know what I look like, so others can vouch for me here but I've never really struggled with women. Maybe because I actually respect them and treat and view them the way they like to be treated and viewed. A shock, I know. I assure you I'm not white knighting anything (simping and white knighting aren't good either, and are actually anti-feminist; you'd know that if you knew what you were talking about). I like how calling out sexism or trying to educate someone on an issue is white knighting (that usually means the person is sexist or an idiot or both then). I am glad however your insecurities and projections are out on full display though. Don't out yourself on your way out the door!

5 minutes ago, AlwaysDyingX said:

That's so messed up. Ugh....what game...ewww....what are the right 3 prompts...so gross 

It was certainly in The Witcher (you even got collectible cards for each NPC you successfully fucked), several of the RPG Assassin's Creed games, and the Mass Effect games.

Just now, best3444 said:

I've never seen someone this deranged. Now he is bragging how good he looks lmao.  🤣 

I am blocking this clown now. 

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

anyone typing this much over a video game is nearing some serial killer level type shit. 

• True 2

27 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

No, I post every single day as though everything I say is what I believe, based on accumulated evidence over time, since I try not to typically arrive at a point about something without first feeling informed on that thing. And I'm not sure what your mental health issues have to do with your intelligence. Smart people have mental health issues and dumb people have mental health issues. Yes, I do preach improving yourself day to day and I'm glad you're doing that but you can still be not very smart and improve yourself each day and continue to work on your mental health issues separately. Again, I'm not going to get into someone's struggles with mental health, but I'm not seeing the correlation between your mental health issues and me saying you're not very smart with regards to what you say in threads on this board. Again, quote where I was arrogant (you won't). I'm not sure what you want me to take a look at, I'm asking you to point out where I was arrogant and was hating on anyone. I'll respond to what you quote, either explaining myself or agreeing it was arrogant and/or hateful. I'll wait. 

Then your comment is even more stupid because that means then, in effect, you're praising someone for succinct, contradictory stupidity over a salient point (since what skillz pointed out was best's flip flopping) I had to presume that you had to be referring to legend because it would be too stupid if you referring to best but indeed I gave you more credit than I should have. 

I'm married but nice try. And people here have seen pictures of me and know what I look like, so others can vouch for me here but I've never really struggled with women. Maybe because I actually respect them and treat and view them the way they like to be treated and viewed. A shock, I know. I assure you I'm not white knighting anything (simping and white knighting aren't good either, and are actually anti-feminist; you'd know that if you knew what you were talking about). I like how calling out sexism or trying to educate someone on an issue is white knighting (that usually means the person is sexist or an idiot or both then). I am glad however your insecurities and projections are out on full display though. Don't out yourself on your way out the door!

Oh ya? 
good come back george costanza GIF

• Haha 1