What time period was the best time in your life?

best3444

On 6/22/2021 at 1:16 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

Oh I very much do, but I'd also be a liar is I said I don't some times dream of a more carefree life! Parenting is a curious juxtaposition of joy and misery! You can't imagine your life without your kids but the worry and anxiety is palpable at times. Example: My daughter just got her license. I've seen my daughter operate a can opener so the prospect of her regularly operating a motor vehicle is, well, sometimes I have quiet inside screaming sessions! :sun::daydream:

Ive seen these videos on tik Tok about young people not knowing how to use a can opener and I don’t get it. There have been zero advancements in can opener technology in my life. The once every few years I get a new one it’s exactly the same as the last one. Only question is do I get the red one or the black one. How the fuck do you not know how to use one?

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Ive seen these videos on tik Tok about young people not knowing how to use a can opener and I don’t get it. There have been zero advancements in can opener technology in my life. The once every few years I get a new one it’s exactly the same as the last one. Only question is do I get the red one or the black one. How the fuck do you not know how to use one?

they've never seen one? I don't own a can opener. I haven't needed a can opener in over a decade. a child raised in my house would have zero idea how to use one. what do you even use them for anymore?

2 minutes ago, Iculus said:

they've never seen one? I don't own a can opener. I haven't needed a can opener in over a decade. a child raised in my house would have zero idea how to use one. what do you even use them for anymore?

Canned food. Not all of it has the pull tops.

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

Ive had similar experience with my daughter when she was younger. She called me once in a panic thinking she had broken the TV because she hit the input and switched it to the Coax/Ant. Nothing was hooked up to it of course so all it was just  static but she had never seen it. The other one I think I have mentioned before she was about 12 and I was watching her look and try to figure out how to get a letter into a post office mail box on the street corner.  I am laughing my ass off in the car, she figures it out, slams the car door and asks " what time does the fucking covered wagon come by and pick up the mail?"

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Iculus said:

sure it does. if it doesn't, then a fresh jarred alternative is readily available. my kids won't know how to use rotary phones,  either.

One of my best friends had one in his house for years. It was a highlight of staying over at his, using it to call my parents to pick me up. (Along with having a great time as well).

6 hours ago, Iculus said:

Tell me your food sucks without telling me your food sucks lol.

12 minutes ago, Iculus said:

huh? I use plenty of canned foods. none of them require a can opener. why does that make my food suck?

I’m mostly messing with you, homie. But I’ve never seen canned whole peeled tomatoes that didn’t need a can opener, for example.

The years between leaving home and then worries about 'the future' setting in, so from 17 to about 23, were the best. Chaotic and stupid but in hindsight I feel like that's when I actually really enjoyed life even when it was in bad circumstances. Whenever I feel stable, I become bored and end up self-sabotaging something so let's see what it will be this time.