What time period was the best time in your life?

best3444

Or maybe you think the best is yet to come? For me, it was 2003-2007 when I experienced the best time of my life.

I wasn't really working a full time permanent job but just random jobs. I was drinking with friends and hooking up a lot. Partying every weekend and life was free still. It was the few years of me still hanging on to my youth and still could get away with stupid shit. I still look back during that time period with amazing memories with my twin brother, friends, and gf's/ lot's of random exciting sex etc.

I'd say right now, I'm in my darkest point in my life. But I try to stay positive and things can only improve from here on out. 

What are your guys favorite time period in your life and why?

Now, maybe. I'm financially stable, drug-free (mostly), and feel more level headed and secure than I ever have.

Gonna try to change things up a bit this year, though. Life has started getting a little stale. Though that could just be because I haven't been able to travel anywhere for a year and a half.

Definitely now! My wife is my favorite person in the whole world, My daughter is on her way to college and is kind and thoughtful. My son is coming into his own personality and I'm enjoying our time together. My boss called me today to thank me for the last year and to give me a sizeable promotion. My dog is kind of lame, but you know, overall, things are really good! :sun:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Definitely now! My wife is my favorite person in the whole world, My daughter is on her way to college and is kind and thoughtful. My son is coming into his own personality and I'm enjoying our time together. My boss called me today to thank me for the last year and to give me a sizeable promotion. My dog is kind of lame, but you know, overall, things are really good! :sun:

That all sounds so inspiring and wonderful. I hope to achieve just a little of that some day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Because the concepts of past, present, and future don't actually exist and the only reason we think we do is because the human mind can only perceive time in a single linear direction, all chronological periods of my existence are therefore theoretical and functionally identical.

Reading this, reminded me that I should watch Arrival again.

sadly I’m not mentally there. I think in some ways my best years were 2001-2007. I was financially ok with little to no bills being younger, seeing movies at the theatre early, playing video games with friends online/movie theatre screen, softball with theatre, and golfed almost twice a week with my dad

worst have been the past 6 years when my dad got diagnosed/dying of cancer, fucking my wrist at work needing surgery, losing my aunt to Covid, and losing my job in February because of my wrist. Also think this has lead to arthritis in my right dominant hand. 

although I will also admit being let go has been a little liberating and mentally a welcome stress break. Work wasn’t a normal start and end time everyday, and I didn’t know where I was heading everyday. One day I’m pretty local and next thing I know I’m 45-60min away in downtown Toronto. So being off work, little severance package. So I’m gonna be looking again soon for a job with everything slowly reopening. Maybe start in a week or 2, as we pick up our new puppy on Saturday (will update my puppy thread) I wanna help get some training with pup and give my mom a hand for the first bit. We have no idea how my current 9.5yr old dog will react come Saturday and beyond

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stepee said:

Prob early 20’s before drinking caught up with me and it got bad and everything else just stopped. After that prob the last 18 months sober, so maybe we will beat that period next.

Yes, drinking in my time period didn't quite catch up to me but in my last year of things just being fun and great I got a DUI. 2007...

That actually prevented me from ever drinking and driving though. I barely kept my new State position and it scared me straight. 

13 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

Shit was pretty fucking awesome when I was like 4.  

Being a kid for me was a nightmare and a blast. Being molested at such an age is terrifying but you are so young you can block it out and enjoy being a kid too. Growing up with a twin brother is absolutely amazing! So much fun and so many amazing memories. I'm actually tearing up a bit writing this. Not joking. 

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

This thread is a fun way to realize I haven’t been truly happy since I was like 8. 

I look back on them as amazing as well. N64 dominating my life, every weekend with friends doing things, wrestling was baller, reading things like Harry Potter for the first time - another stellar time to be alive.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Sorry to hear that. But like I said above, things can only get better from here don't you think? Trust me, I feel you.

At this point, the best I can hope for is to maintain my current situation, which as I get older will only be sadder. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, TheLeon said:

At this point, the best I can hope for is to maintain my current situation, which as I get older will only be sadder. 

I'm at this point,too. I'm 39 though which I think is older than you. Life is tough and can be very lonely when put in certain situations. I wish you well. You seem like a very intelligent and funny guy. Don't ever sell yourself short that's for sure.

32 minutes ago, best3444 said:

When was that time that things were awesome, though? 

Honestly things have been really good the last 10 years especially. But it’s just my own anxieties and insecurities that have prevented me at times from really enjoying things and that’s a shame.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Honestly things have been really good the last 10 years especially. But it’s just my own anxieties and insecurities that have prevented me at times from really enjoying things and that’s a shame.

I feel you. I have bad anxiety and panic attacks which I masked with drinking in my 20’s and early 30's. I'm 100% sober now and try to do my very best each day to enjoy my life the best that I can. I just need a significant other at this point and it's been a struggle to find anyone. 

I feel like I missed my opportunity a few years ago. Unfortunately I was in love with a married woman but that is a disgusting situation. But I feel she was the one. We shall see where my life takes me. :/

Late 20s - early 30s have been great. I’ve earned enough to live comfortably (nothing extravagant, but enough to cover all of my expenses and never really have to worry about money), got laid frequently when I was single and ultimately found a wonderful partner, family has all been well positioned, have stayed active/relatively healthy, and have made plenty of great memories. Life has treated me well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ominous said:

2020 was pretty good.  Son was born, made $100K more than 2019. gave no fucks, didn't have to drive anywhere.

Well the son is going to cost more than 100k and you are going to have to drive them around for 18 years or so now so it’s kind of a wash.

• Haha 1

I’ve never had any bad eras in life, TBH. My current life situation is pretty wild on a professional level and is setting my 40s up to be very enjoyable on a personal level as I probably will stop actively working in 2-3 years. But there are things I miss about the years before I opened my first theater.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Well the son is going to cost more than 100k and you are going to have to drive them around for 18 years or so now so it’s kind of a wash.

I'm gonna tiger woods dad this kid into one of them clicky "esport" games.  He's gotta pull his own weight. 

• Haha 1