Starfield - Information Thread, update: May Update (detailed surface maps, difficulty options, display settings) to release on May 15

SaysWho?

10 minutes ago, Biggie said:

No not a plasma television. I’m talking about selling my actual plasma here at a BioLife plasma center. 

:lol:

Oh in that case I dunno that seems entirely reasonable if you have the time, but again I think you should really just be honest with yourself about how much you like Bethesda’s games cuz that’s what this is. 

Are you negative blood type? Cuz that makes more money at a plasma clinic. Or at least it used to. I used to work at own. 

50 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The other thing that kind of perplexed me were these menus in the game. And I'm sure if I thought they were bonkers @Paperclyp must think they are absurd.

You go into the menu with start, and go to the map with A, then you want to back out and go back to the main menu so you push B but it just pulls you off the planet, and then every push of B keeps going further and further back. You have to HOLD B and it takes you out of the menu. I feel it should be the opposite.

Also, I feel like pushing select (or whatever the two box button is called) should bring up your map but it goes into 3rd person mode. Bringing up your map is more important than that and there is no binding for that.

Also I swapped Right stick button and B, for melee and crouch. Melee is terrible on RS.

Hold start. 

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I played about 2 - 3 hoursish and I enjoyed my time with it. But I don't know if it's the framerate or FOV or both but the game gave me really intense motion sickness. My TV is only 1080p they should at least have an option to go 60fps on a lower res TV. 🤷‍♀️

for me it was definitely the FOV. My headache went away with the 1 mod. 

57 minutes ago, Biggie said:

@best3444 do you have gamepass? Or just Xbox Live?

It’s not as good as a deal before but it’s still worthwhile 

screen-shot-2019-06-24-at-11.37.36-am-10
WWW.PCWORLD.COM

Currently, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate costs $17 per month. But with this trick, you can get it at over 50 percent off for up to two years.

• Like 1

Holy shit. Is this the first Bethesda game to not render the rain directly over the player character? It was always one of my pet peeves in Bethesda RPGs for so long that even under bridges it looks like you’re still in the rain. But it was raining outside and I walked under an awning and the ground was dry and the rain wasn’t still falling on my head. Even the sound changed to indicate the rain was landing overhead instead all around me and on me. 

ok. Now I’m impressed. :p

I don’t mind “encumbrance” when it’s part of the core gameplay loop. Something like traditional survival horror games? Sure, I get that.

In something like Baldur’s Gate, or this… it’s just micromanaging. If I can warp items to companions across the map or fart my way back to camp with an infinity chest, if ammo and money are generally weightless, AND having a shitload of stuff on me doesn’t REALLY make the game easier, I’m not really sure what the point is. 

It makes more sense to me in some tabletop RPGs where the crunch is the whole point. That really isn’t the case here.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Wow...OK, so I started the main line last night and yeah, probably should have done this first... :lol: Oh well, after 50 hours, I am a rich ass walking kill machine, so its not like my approach  wasn't working. 

Is it a “if you don’t go here the dragons don’t spawn” situation like Skyrim had?

34 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Is it a “if you don’t go here the dragons don’t spawn” situation like Skyrim had?

Not sure just yet, but its definitely a "ooooooh, the game would have played fairly differently had I know this would happen". Sorry for the vagueness, but I'm sure you get why. 

• Hype 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Kind of. Yeah. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

How do you use a jetpack?

I didn't start with the skill, now I leveled it up. and I think I'm wearing one. Is it just jump?

some packs don’t have jump boost capability. Some have different behaviors. Like power boost is one big jump instead of a few smaller bursts. I got one that says skip jump, but it just feels like a less powerful basic boost. So I’m not sure the point. 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm trapped in a side quests where I have to destroy 3 enemy ships. I keep dying by the time I get to the third ship, so I'm fuckin something up. 

Be sure you are managing your power. Maybe divert power from the engines and get your weapon power up and make sure your shields are at max. Don’t have any power in Grav unless you’re running. don’t take all power from engines, but you may not need max engines either. 

If your hull is damaged and you have “ship parts” in your hold they are in the Aid section and act like a med pack for your ship. 

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Be sure you are managing your power. Maybe divert power from the engines and get your weapon power up and make sure your shields are at max. Don’t have any power in Grav unless you’re running. don’t take all power from engines, but you may not need max engines either. 

If your hull is damaged and you have “ship parts” in your hold they are in the Aid section and act like a med pack for your ship. 

I don't have ship parts because I can't repair my ship. Ok, I'll adjust other sections and see if my defense improves. 

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

What ship are you using and what level is your piloting skill at? 

Frontier still. My piloting skill is probably 0 lol. 

52 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I don't have ship parts because I can't repair my ship. Ok, I'll adjust other sections and see if my defense improves. 

Frontier still. My piloting skill is probably 0 lol. 

I would go do something different for a bit then and get that pilot skill up. Jump to as many different planets/moon as you can so you can pick up some random space combat encounters and boost that skill requirement. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I might have been stuck on that same sidequest. Leave and come back.

Yea, vic said the same thing. I'm going to adjust some ship settings one more battle then if that fails, I'll come back when I'm stronger.  💪