Kyle "Final" Bosman is back talkin' about video games!

Commissar SFLUFAN

I watched that earlier and he is right about the shirts. I have no interest in ever really making a video game, but boy would I love to announce a game via a shirt reveal. 

Oh man, now I want somebody to have announcement underwear and do this

zac efron GIF by Paramount Movies

but with a game title right on the ass 

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

Not watching because I’m going in dark… but I definitely can’t call myself a fan of a game before I’ve played it.

XBC3 anticipators/People looking forward to XBC3 on suicide watch doesn't really have the same ring to it. 

I've never been able to get into Xenoblade games. I've tried with every single one. The combat is just weird and unsatisfying to me.

I WANT to like them, and they try to lure me in with big anime titties that make me feel like playing the game is a risk if someone else walks in the room so I have to say 'wait, no, I can explain,' but it's not enough.

Xenoblade combat has always been a bit contrived.  In the first one, it didn’t really feel like it mattered how you played it until midway through, when you had to react appropriately to visions.  But having so many enemies early on that you couldn’t touch without Monodo arts bogged it down.

X’s combat is probably the worst.  It was very reactionary to your other party members AI while on foot, but super slow and boring in mechs.

Xenoblade 2’s suffered from overly long tutorial, too slow animations at the start, and more complexity than it needed.  It sings by the end, but the effort you need to micromanage everything outside of battles hurts it pretty badly.

Torna is when they got it right IMO.  The tutorial is perfect, animations are quicker, you don’t really need to bother with elemental trees, etc.  And the character swapping mechanics are ace.  I just beat it recently, combat felt damn good in it.  It’s the closest RPG in spirit to FF7R’s combat, but there’s less resistance, if that makes sense.

• Halal 2

3 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Xenoblade combat has always been a bit contrived.  In the first one, it didn’t really feel like it mattered how you played it until midway through, when you had to react appropriately to visions.  But having so many enemies that you couldn’t touch without Monodo arts early on bogged it down for far too long.

X’s combat is probably the worst.  It was very reactionary to your other party members AI on while foot, but super slow and boring in mechs.

Xenoblade 2’s suffered from overly long tutorial, too slow animations at the start, and more complexity than it needed.  It sings by the end, but the effort you need to micromanage everything outside of battles hurts it pretty badly.

Torna is when they got it right IMO.  The tutorial is perfect, animations are quicker, you don’t really need to bother with elemental trees, etc.  And the character swapping mechanics are ace.  I just beat it recently, combat felt damn good in it.  It’s the closest RPG in spirit to FF7R’s combat, but there’s less resistance, if that makes sense.

Torna is great. I picked it up on a whim, and really enjoyed it.

Also surprised he didn't know about Monkey Island. And I am also confused why he didn't mention anything about the Persona games finally making their proper debut on Switch. I feel like that's...kind of a big deal? But maybe a bit deflated since they were already announced on Xbox. But still....! 

3 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Also surprised he didn't know about Monkey Island. And I am also confused why he didn't mention anything about the Persona games finally making their proper debut on Switch. I feel like that's...kind of a big deal? But maybe a bit deflated since they were already announced on Xbox. But still....! 

It's a bit. I'm pretty sure he did this before and explicitly said in the post credits that it was a bit :p 

EDIT: Yep, from one of his April videos:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...