How many alarms do you set in the morning?

Fizzzzle

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I have a meeting in the morning at 9am. I haven't had to be up that early since pre-pandemic. I set 2 different alarms to start going off every 5 minutes starting at 7:30 and I'm still scared I'm going to sleep through them.

Alarm goes off , I get out of bed and get started.

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

One, but I usually wake up on my own a few minutes before. I've always been good at training to a wake p time after a week or so of the same time. 

I think the problem is I usually never have to do anything before 3pm, so I usually sleep until 11 or so and don't have to have an alarm. Then the random occasions when I have to be up in the morning are super jarring and I get paranoid about sleeping in. Then the paranoia of sleeping in makes me not sleep very well, which makes me tired all day

• Sad 1

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

I think the problem is I usually never have to do anything before 3pm, so I usually sleep until 11 or so and don't have to have an alarm. Then the random occasions when I have to be up in the morning are super jarring and I get paranoid about sleeping in. Then the paranoia of sleeping in makes me not sleep very well, which makes me tired all day

I get that! What time do you usually go to bed on average? 

42 minutes ago, best3444 said:

This used to be me. Lately I've been waking up at 5am due to anxiety. This morning was ok. I usually wake up at 6am with my phone alarm. 

Nothing is more motivating than the iPhone alarm. That thing is so irritating you have to get up just to make it stop. 

200.gif

3 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I have a meeting in the morning at 9am. I haven't had to be up that early since pre-pandemic. I set 2 different alarms to start going off every 5 minutes starting at 7:30 and I'm still scared I'm going to sleep through them.

Did y’all get a new brand of vodka in or change olive distributors?

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

I get up at the same time 7 days a week regardless. Makes things much easier. 6am rise and shine 🌤

This is pretty much me, I’ve found it works better and I enjoy weekends more if I wake up at the same time and just chill in bed or do something fun with the morning. Also have this thing if I sleep until like say 11am, that’s when my lunch normally is, so I feel like I wasted half of my day off.

My internal clock is hit and miss though and it’s vital I am logged in every day at 7am so I actually set 4 alarms to make sure I don’t oversleep.  Basically every 20 minutes from 5:40-6:40. Usually I naturally get up at 6ish but I’m trying to move it a little earlier and I don’t want to leave a chance for the times I don’t wake up naturally then.

14 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I work graveyard, so I never have to set an alarm, I go to bed when I get home and start my day with free time and go into work every night feeling full of energy and wide awake. I can't stand mornings.

Doesn't that shift fuck up your quality time with your family? I'm assuming you work 11pm-7am? 

Just now, best3444 said:

Doesn't that shift fuck up your quality time with your family? I'm assuming you work 11pm-7am? 

Not at all.

I have two different shifts, 10pm - 6am on Sun/Mon/Tue and 9pm-5am on Wed/Thur.

So I go to bed basically as soon as I get home, very short commute, so I wake up between noon and 2:30 PM depending on how much I sleep in, and then I just hang out with my family all day until night time. Since I'm with them before work instead of after, I'm never "too tired" to do anything with them, and since I have free time in the afternoon, everything is still open. Frankly, it makes family time way better than I ever got from most other jobs. Especially since I hate mornings and like to stay up late. So I'd be tired when going to work, then be even more tired when I got home.

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Not at all.

I have two different shifts, 10pm - 6am on Sun/Mon/Tue and 9pm-5am on Wed/Thur.

So I go to bed basically as soon as I get home, very short commute, so I wake up between noon and 2:30 PM depending on how much I sleep in, and then I just hang out with my family all day until night time. Since I'm with them before work instead of after, I'm never "too tired" to do anything with them, and since I have free time in the afternoon, everything is still open. Frankly, it makes family time way better than I ever got from most other jobs. Especially since I hate mornings and like to stay up late. So I'd be tired when going to work, then be even more tired when I got home.

Double Take Smh GIF by Farmers Insurance ®