Anyone have a good condition PSVita there willing to sell, or trade maybe?

HardAct

As many know we lost everything on Nov8th 2018 to the California Camp Fire that took our home, our vehicles, our jobs, our community, and our entire town along with OVER 14,ooo homes. Easily the largest forest fire as in homes lost and just sucked in just about everyway you could imagine it would. As we have been rebuilding our lives as well as we can and starting to require some things that I owned before, I've began looking into getting another PSVita. I just need it to be an American version, and really it has to be in VERY good shape, like new really. Thing is, There a fortune on Ebay for a new one, even a slim as we all know there discontinued. I had hundreds of Games bought for the thing though and it would be a waist to just never be able to play them ever again, as there mostly digital and could be redownloaded and enjoyed by the kids and grand kids, etc. I loved that little handheld really. So, Do any of you have one, maybe a second one that you'd want to sell maybe, trade, would have to have all the cords and stuff. Just a thought, I just wanted to put it out there and see what the community thought of the old PSVita?

I do have a brand new never opened !TB 970 Evo NvME M.2. that's a thought for a trade, but cash is fine to. Shoot me a number and a few pics and maybe we can do something abought rehashing my extensive Digital Vita Library that is just out in never never land right now....lol

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, HardAct said:

As many know we lost everything on Nov8th 2018 to the California Camp Fire that took our home, our vehicles, our jobs, our community, and our entire town along with OVER 14,ooo homes. Easily the largest forest fire as in homes lost and just sucked in just about everyway you could imagine it would. As we have been rebuilding our lives as well as we can and starting to require some things that I owned before, I've began looking into getting another PSVita. I just need it to be an American version, and really it has to be in VERY good shape, like new really. Thing is, There a fortune on Ebay for a new one, even a slim as we all know there discontinued. I had hundreds of Games bought for the thing though and it would be a waist to just never be able to play them ever again, as there mostly digital and could be redownloaded and enjoyed by the kids and grand kids, etc. I loved that little handheld really. So, Do any of you have one, maybe a second one that you'd want to sell maybe, trade, would have to have all the cords and stuff. Just a thought, I just wanted to put it out there and see what the community thought of the old PSVita?

I do have a brand new never opened !TB 970 Evo NvME M.2. that's a thought for a trade, but cash is fine to. Shoot me a number and a few pics and maybe we can do something abought rehashing my extensive Digital Vita Library that is just out in never never land right now....lol

Facebook Marketplace is a good place to start. I’m like you, I regret selling my Vita but no way am I paying those prices for a new one. It was a good handheld system but not worthy of those type prices. I do have a glacier white PSP Go that’s in mint condition I’m holding onto. Neat little system there. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I do have extra units but sadly they’re all new LE Jpn units. So they wouldn’t be cheap.

MrVic seems to be the hero.

If someone else is looking for a vita, consider buying a second hand unit from Japan. The vita is region free (your psn account dictates what store you use), they’ll be a bit cheaper and practically look almost new.

27 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I saw this before Vic posted, but I couldn’t find my Vita to see what condition it’s in. I dug it up, and it might need a new battery, because it doesn’t turn on after charging for a while. 

Might want to check it out. I think @chakoo or someone posted something about the battery bloat on them, that could mess up the case or something.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I saw this before Vic posted, but I couldn’t find my Vita to see what condition it’s in. I dug it up, and it might need a new battery, because it doesn’t turn on after charging for a while. 

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Might want to check it out. I think @chakoo or someone posted something about the battery bloat on them, that could mess up the case or something.

I don't know of any bloat issues on Vita but if the model is a 1000, you might need to leave it charging for a few mins before the system turns on/responds. 

Ultimately in the long run the battery will have to be replaced since most LiPo will bloat. The vita battery isn't too complicated to replace (I think it's even mention in the manual how to do it).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chakoo said:

I don't know of any bloat issues on Vita but if the model is a 1000, you might need to leave it charging for a few mins before the system turns on/responds. 

Ultimately in the long run the battery will have to be replaced since most LiPo will bloat. The vita battery isn't too complicated to replace (I think it's even mention in the manual how to do it).

I just had to replace a battery on my 1000 and seen that there was some bloating. It was slight, and I had to replace it anyway as the battery held maybe an hour charge. Also it should be noted that this Vita was bought second hand and look like it had the battery replaced by Sony as there was a warranty sticker with hand written date on the battery itself.

6 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

@HardAct, yes sir, I have a mint condition Vita for you! The trouble is, I VERY snowed in at the moment, so I won't be going to the post office for a week or two. So if you can wait a few weeks, I'm, happy to send it to sir! :sun:

FUCKING WOW,

That's to generous man, com'on! I'd gladly accept that unit, and easily give you a reasonable price!! I finally just told myself that I'm not paying those prices I was seeing. What a great little console it always was for the younger kids and grandkids when the older ones always hogged the Xboxes and Playstations and every tv in my home, and my Gaming rig in the man cave {It used to be a Man Cave/ Theater room before the fire, now it's just a bedroom with a man cave sign :Dunno:}

Thank you Mr.Vic sir, you as usual much to kind my friend. Thank you. Please let me know what if anything you'd like for it, man such a nice gesture, and I do have that M.2 drive brand new if you could use it. I thank you so much, so appreciated.  I'll message you my Address and I can easily wait a few weeks for the snow to melt a bit. Pretty excited to not just lose all the digital games we bought over the years for those handhelds. 

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

Jesus Christ. I have a PSP not a vita. It's been years since I touched that. Damn.

I loved all that tech shit.

The fact that it played movies and took mini game discs was impressive. Haven't even begun thinking about replacing that thing. Mine was in perfect condition too. We all used the PSVita though, the screen on the original was an Oled I think, but I don't care about that. I'd think the PSP had to be quite expensive to make even, I don't know why the Vita wasn't very well received, I thought it was fantastic. Easier to carry than a Switch, it was pocket sized.

7 minutes ago, HardAct said:

FUCKING WOW,

That's to generous man, com'on! I'd gladly accept that unit, and easily give you a reasonable price!! I finally just told myself that I'm not paying those prices I was seeing. What a great little console it always was for the younger kids and grandkids when the older ones always hogged the Xboxes and Playstations and every tv in my home, and my Gaming rig in the man cave {It used to be a Man Cave/ Theater room before the fire, now it's just a bedroom with a man cave sign :Dunno:}

Thank you Mr.Vic sir, you as usual much to kind my friend. Thank you. Please let me know what if anything you'd like for it, man such a nice gesture, and I do have that M.2 drive brand new if you could use it. I thank you so much, so appreciated.  I'll message you my Address and I can easily wait a few weeks for the snow to melt a bit. Pretty excited to not just lose all the digital games we bought over the years for those handhelds. 

My pleasure sir! Happy to send it as a gift, no compensation please.  As I tell my wife, "down streaming every thing I own really helps justify my purchasing habits!" :sun: You too may feel free to nod pleasantly in mock agreement for a moment before ultimately sighing lightly and rolling your eyes! :p Shoot me your address via PM and I'll ship it to you as soon as my neighborhood does not look like Alaska in deepest winter! (next week is looking good!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

My pleasure sir! Happy to send it as a gift, no compensation please.  As I tell my wife, "down streaming every thing I own really helps justify my purchasing habits!" :sun: You too may feel free to nod pleasantly in mock agreement for a moment before ultimately sighing lightly and rolling your eyes! :p Shoot me your address via PM and I'll ship it to you as soon as my neighborhood does not look like Alaska in deepest winter! (next week is looking good!)

Done and Done!

Thank you my friend. We here appreciate it greatly

6 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Thanks to my job, I have access to a ton of video game related stuff. If you don’t take MrVic’s offer, I can probably hook you up. Vita is an awesome system, everyone needs one.

Oh man thank you so very much for the offer. That's very kind also, I did take Mr.Vic20 up on his offer, and wow, very cool of these boards to hook us up like this. Appreciated

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Thanks to my job, I have access to a ton of video game related stuff. If you don’t take MrVic’s offer, I can probably hook you up. Vita is an awesome system, everyone needs one.

I would love to play Persona 4 Golden again. Talk to me about these Vitas. 

14 hours ago, HardAct said:

I loved all that tech shit.

The fact that it played movies and took mini game discs was impressive.

Yup. Reminds me of the beginning of my state career. My building was attached to a mall so I'd go there for my hour lunches. I'd play my psp or watch movies on it. It was impressive at the time I guess.

4 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

You want one? I can talk to one of our vendors if he's got any in stock. If it's a decent price for you, maybe we can make a deal! 

I’m pretty particular about my electronics. So if it’s in great shape at a reasonable price then absolutely!

7 hours ago, Biggie said:

I’m pretty particular about my electronics. So if it’s in great shape at a reasonable price then absolutely!

Okay, cool. We just recently did an inventory purchase, so it won't be until next month at the earliest when I'm out there again. If time isn't an issue, I'll definitely look into it for ya! 

• 1 month later...

I wanted to first thank the Day One Patch members that did offer to help me with getting a replacement PS Vita thus me being able to recover the many digital games lost in that DAMN Forest fire! I know I'm a broken record on that subject, Sorry. A video game console in that light is meaningless when looking at the totality of course. Again though, I thank all you Guys / and Gals your very much appreciated!

Well as usual, and I mean this in the most humble and appreciative way,  Our Mr.Vic20 offered and did subsequently hook us up by sending a black PS Vita Slim in perfect condition, WITH a 64Gig Memory card inside TOO!!! :celebrate:

WE wanted to Publicly thank you, this one last time....Dude you rock man !

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Make sure you get your games before they take the store down!

Yea crazy,

I didn't think they would do that at all really. I wish then though they would cut the cost of all titles to 4.99 or less. I mean what in the world is there to lose, right? I'd buy a bunch and I'd have to go find a second memory card too....lol I owned a lot of digital titles on the Vita. Way more than I even thought actually! I had to decide on what ones I was going to leave out, and wanted a few Physical games I owned but lost too, but decided to not double dip on any of those, games like Uncharted, etc. Luckily I only lost about 20 games in actual PS Vita cases. Why O' Why aren't they doing a massive Sony Digital sale on games for the PS3 and the PSP & PS Vita. It actually makes no sense to me. I feel there are a lot of people out there that actually still use the handheld, but I may be wrong. Fingers crossed that they announce something the month before they take it completely down...  

21 hours ago, vaxick said:

A 64gb storage card is always something I wish I had purchased for my Vita, but they were always so cost prohibited.  

well there gonna be stupid cheap if Sony closes the digital store as there will be no way to even be able to put games on a new card right? lots of vitas and cards on eBay gonna be e-waste here soon. Other than the physical versions of games, but there already being scalped.  Just think I was looking to buy a new console of eBay before Vic20 helped me out. Now that I look at it though, unless you have lots of games in there cases, the consoles are worthless not second hand, along with the proprietary memory cards, right?

Yea way up for 2 months then there worthless though. Far as I know you can't put games on the cards any other way but via online through store. Never mind, they can be hacked to run homebrew and then maybe transferable over windows maybe

I never hack, or unlock phones and stuff like that. There might be a way, but looks to me that Vita's will plummet in price in a few months, we shall see.

If someone wants larger storage at this point for Vita for just purely digital titles you might as well just hack the system and buy a sd2vita adapter. I did this for one of my playstation tv devices. Hacking isn't all that difficult on the vita as well.

A 8GB or 4GB Vita memory card is more than enough for using for saves on retail game cards (since SD2Vita uses up the game slot).

Also with that said, I get why sony went with these memory cards but still ***k them for that. PS3/PS4 showed them off the shelf storage didn't make their systems easier to hack. Better implementation of security into the device itself is what matters.