Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - the Fucking Continues on 12/20/24, update: Keanu is Shadow

Brian

I have not seen the movie, but I can not imagine how people can honestly like it. Looks like they just made Hop with James Marsden again, just with Sonic instead of a bunny. How do you take a premise of anthropromorphic hedgehog saves woodland creatures from robotic monsters made by a crazy evil scientist, in a crazy world with loop-da-loops built in the actual ground...and decide nah that's too weird, let's make it a live action road trip movie set in the real world... 

I know they teased the Sonic world, and Robotnic getting his proper look at the end, so hopefully that is a sign that the sequel will be more in line with what the games are about. 

• Guillotine 1

2 hours ago, Brick said:

I have not seen the movie, but I can not imagine how people can honestly like it. Looks like they just made Hop with James Marsden again, just with Sonic instead of a bunny. How do you take a premise of anthropromorphic hedgehog saves woodland creatures from robotic monsters made by a crazy evil scientist, in a crazy world with loop-da-loops built in the actual ground...and decide nah that's too weird, let's make it a live action road trip movie set in the real world... 

I know they teased the Sonic world, and Robotnic getting his proper look at the end, so hopefully that is a sign that the sequel will be more in line with what the games are about. 

You should watch it! It's not high art, but it's better than Hop. I think it helps if you're a Sonic fan.

25 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

You should watch it! It's not high art, but it's better than Hop. I think it helps if you're a Sonic fan.

I am not. I played the first game for a bit on the Wii virtual console, but couldn't get passed a certain level. Game design is too old, less said about recent Sonic games the better. Mario is superior. 

• Guillotine 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Brick said:

I am not. I played the first game for a bit on the Wii virtual console, but couldn't get passed a certain level. Game design is too old, less said about recent Sonic games the better. Mario is superior. 

28 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Ah, then yeah, I'd agree, you probably wouldn't like the movie that much. 

Seems like the old games would work better this way, going fast makes more sense when you can see the entire stage. 

sonic2chemicalplant-760x380.png
ARSTECHNICA.COM

This is quite literally Sonic like you've never seen him before.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Seems like the old games would work better this way, going fast makes more sense when you can see the entire stage. 

sonic2chemicalplant-760x380.png
ARSTECHNICA.COM

This is quite literally Sonic like you've never seen him before.

That's pretty cool, I must say. I mean, the whole point is to try and go fast while discovering the level, but it's cool to see it all there at once.

On 2/11/2021 at 10:10 AM, Brick said:

Soooo try watching it and you’ll find out 

22 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Soooo try watching it and you’ll find out 

Oh I will at some point. Sooner or later the curiosity will get the better of me, and when I have nothing better to do I'll watch it. I'll also have to go in in the right mood, and with an open mind, but really everything I've seen from it turns me off. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Brian changed the title to Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Knuckles Fist Fucks Tales April 8, 2022
5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I found the first one moderately enjoyable, but I am a Sonic fan, possible bias. But a lot of people enjoyed it as I recall.

I am also a sonic fan and I've gone beyond the games I've seen the cartoon and even read the comics.

The best part of the movie was like the first 5 minutes because you said, "oh interesting here's some Owl lady we've never seen before on sonic's planet, this could be good."  Then the movie says nah, let's go to Earth and just have Sonic be buddies with a human instead.