"If it Hadn't Been for the Prompt Work of the Medics": FSB Officer Inadvertently Confesses Murder Plot to Navalny

Jason

6 minutes ago, CayceG said:

This is probably the biggest Russian intelligence fuckup in history. 

Wait until trump gets immunity to share his details in exchange for getting out of...take your pick. People forget that he has no loyalty to anyone except himself. He believes in nothing but glory whenever possible and survival always. 

2 hours ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

I've been told that the people carrying out these types of things are getting elderly and that's why the work is sloppy..as in the people in charge.  

What’s your wife’s opinion on everything in Russia? Does she still support Putin? I’m always interested in what people outside of my bubble think on topics like this. 

16 hours ago, SilentWorld said:

What’s your wife’s opinion on everything in Russia? Does she still support Putin? I’m always interested in what people outside of my bubble think on topics like this. 

Pretty much no one in Russia really supports Putin...he's like background noise to most Russians....he's familiar and there's really no one better..or..that much better.  He hasn't completely run the country into the ground and has somewhat joined Russians in a national identity.  

Russia..Like the US has a sort of Boomer Generation that won't get out of the way and let younger leaders lead...and a lot of this spy stuff comes form that generation who venerated the power of the KGB....but as stated...these old men have lost quite  few steps...and aren't as capable as they were in their younger days.

The Russian Militray has pulled off some good Cyber Warfare stuff, but a lot of that is not neccessarily how good they are, but how terribly bad and cheap our private companies are in protecting assets.  I mean...when OPM got hacked like 8 years ago....it wasn't because of sophistication..it was because the systems there were running old software on old hardware.  

1 hour ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Pretty much no one in Russia really supports Putin...he's like background noise to most Russians....he's familiar and there's really no one better..or..that much better.  He hasn't completely run the country into the ground and has somewhat joined Russians in a national identity.  

Russia..Like the US has a sort of Boomer Generation that won't get out of the way and let younger leaders lead...and a lot of this spy stuff comes form that generation who venerated the power of the KGB....but as stated...these old men have lost quite  few steps...and aren't as capable as they were in their younger days.

The Russian Militray has pulled off some good Cyber Warfare stuff, but a lot of that is not neccessarily how good they are, but how terribly bad and cheap our private companies are in protecting assets.  I mean...when OPM got hacked like 8 years ago....it wasn't because of sophistication..it was because the systems there were running old software on old hardware.  

Oh okay I was mistaken then I thought I remembered you saying a few years ago that your wife generally argues in support of Putin when people start criticizing him.