Might be a new Switch owner at Christmas.. Couple of questions

eventide11

53 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Does it have a service similar to Game Pass or Playstation Now?

No

54 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

And can I sign into my profile from my Nintendo account that's on my son's Switch? 

If you are asking if you can switch account back and fourth on one Switch I believe the answer is no

1 hour ago, eventide11 said:

Does it have a service similar to Game Pass or Playstation Now?

I’m not really sure what ‘Game Pass’ or ‘Playstation Now’ offers, but Nintendo’s online service offers free NES and SNES games (now with online play!) as well as Cloud saves. The “My.Nintendo” service offers tons of discounts on games all the time, and you can earn “Gold Coins” which can be used as cash towards the purchase of anything on the eShop. 

1 hour ago, eventide11 said:

And can I sign into my profile from my Nintendo account that's on my son's Switch? 

Yes. I sign into my account on both my son’s Switch, and my daughter’s Switch, depending on which one is more convenient for me to get to, haha.

41 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I’m not really sure what ‘Game Pass’ or ‘Playstation Now’ offers, but Nintendo’s online service offers free NES and SNES games (now with online play!) as well as Cloud saves. The “My.Nintendo” service offers tons of discounts on games all the time, and you can earn “Gold Coins” which can be used as cash towards the purchase of anything on the eShop. 

Yes. I sign into my account on both my son’s Switch, and my daughter’s Switch, depending on which one is more convenient for me to get to, haha.

Thanks so much GameDad

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Halo, Forza, Gears, Elder Scrolls, Doom, Hellblade, Fallout, Dishonored, Rage, Wolfenstein, Killer Instinct, Battletoads, Sea of Theives, Fable, Ori, etc

A couple of those have even come out on Switch, so there’s a chance GDG has heard of them. :p

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yeah I'm sorry I don't pay attention to Xbox stuff. To be honest, I kinda forget it's a thing. Maybe if there was an Xbox portable machine, I'd be more interested...! 

45 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Game pass is available on mobile devices.

True, maybe @GameDadGrant has a tablet or cell phone or a laptop!

No GamePass or anything like that. The closest thing is their online service that is $20 a year. You get access to Tetris and a handful of NES and SNES games.

You can create multiple accounts and reason you would is each account has separate game saves. Also you can't backup saves and only with the online can you store outside the switch in the cloud.

On 12/23/2020 at 1:16 PM, eventide11 said:

Well scratch that. Family members have Covid so no Switch for me for Christmas. Not doing the Christmas thing until some time next year. I appreciate all the input from you guys especially 'Dad' lol

Sorry to hear about your family and COVID. Hope they recover quickly.

• Like 1