Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

4 minutes ago, Chris- said:

On Kamala Harris: You Can Be Pro-Black and a Prosecutor

Being dismissive of black women is par for the course for Bernie bros, so I'm sure they'll find a way to discredit Ms. Pearson.

Is there any way we can get rid of the toxic Bernie Bros. specifically? Even Bernie wouldn't like them anyway, and they give the rest of his supporters (like me) a bad name. 

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Is there any way we can get rid of the toxic Bernie Bros. specifically? Even Bernie wouldn't like them anyway, and they give the rest of his supporters (like me) a bad name. 

Shut down the Russian troll farms. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

You shouldn’t care about it because it’s a made up problem.  

It's not a made up problem, what you're saying is it's just not a significant one but it could become one because a loud minority can always take control of the narrative, as we've seen many times before in general even though they aren't representative of the larger whole that actually cares, etc.

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's not a made up problem, what you're saying is it's just not a significant one but it could become one because a loud minority can always take control of the narrative, as we've seen many times before in general even though they aren't representative of the larger whole that actually cares, etc.

It’s a distraction so people won’t talk about actual issues. 

I’ve yet to meet a bro who supports Bernie so I cant say I’m worried about bros hijacking the campaign. 

1 minute ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

It’s a distraction so people won’t talk about actual issues. 

I’ve yet to meet a bro who supports Bernie so I cant say I’m worried about bros hijacking the campaign. 

Of course it's a distraction, I agree, hence my suggestion of getting rid of any Bernie Bros. that do exist so the distraction has literally no merit, and thus, may have to go away. 

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

"It's a distraction from the issues."

"Look at this big meanie Amy Klobuchar."

Not sure if this is directed specifically at me (as it came right after my post) but Klobuchar sucks because she just isn't a good fit for President, and I don't agree with her view of the policies I care about. There are simply better candidates than her in the field. 

Her being a giant asshole when it comes to her staffers is just further character evidence of the same. 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

Not sure if this is directed specifically at me (as it came right after my post) but Klobuchar sucks because she just isn't a good fit for President, and I don't agree with her view of the policies I care about. There are simply better candidates than her in the field. 

Her being a giant asshole when it comes to her staffers is just further character evidence of the same. 

I assure you it was not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

36 minutes ago, Chris- said:

"It's a distraction from the issues."

"Look at this big meanie Amy Klobuchar."

Or talking about music listened to during college instead of issues.

Overall, I do get the point about the Bernie Bros term: my opinion of him has gone up since the election, but when I talk to some people outside the board, they think I'm a Bernie Bro even though I voted for Hillary in the 2016 primary.

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Or talking about music listened to during college instead of issues.

Overall, I do get the point about the Bernie Bros term: my opinion of him has gone up since the election, but when I talk to some people outside the board, they think I'm a Bernie Bro even though I voted for Hillary in the 2016 primary.

Whether we like it or not, optics and marketing are just as much a part of the political process as what really matters - how politicians vote, and what they think on actual policies and how to enact and legislate them. 

Of course every single opponent to any specific politician will use anything and everything, no matter how asinine, disingenuous, or pointlessly unrelated it might be to doing the actual job of being a congressperson, senator, or president, against them. But the less ammo you give them or have against you, the less they have to twist anything in their favor. I'm not expecting perfection in the least, and it is good to keep the other side honest by constantly saying "let's focus on the issues" but at the same time if we can get rid of an optical "issue", we should.