Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

39 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

What do they say?

Its been a while since I heard it, but he's a hedge fund/private equity guy whose company owns a coal mine (despite being for action on climate) and invested money in CCA. Other details I don't recall, it's good, I recommend the pod in general though

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

Honestly, Amy might be the best one of them to go toe-to-toe with the Imbecile on stage.

Thing is, I'd say there's a non-zero chance that Trump just skips all the debates, and it might not matter at all. Remember that he skipped a primary debate and held a (fraudulent) charity event for the troops instead. Didn't cost him anything.

3 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Thing is, I'd say there's a non-zero chance that Trump just skips all the debates, and it might not matter at all. Remember that he skipped a primary debate and held a (fraudulent) charity event for the troops instead. Didn't cost him anything.

I've already figured he won't do the debates and the only people who care will be the pearl clutching civility folks. 

3 hours ago, baconbits said:

source where Bernie's people insisted on keeping caucuses? 

Go search for articles on the Democratic Party Unity Commission. It’s an issue pretty well covered.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Go search for articles on the Democratic Party Unity Commission. It’s an issue pretty well covered.

I did, I didn’t find anything on sanders team insisting on keeping caucuses.  If it’s pretty well covered I’m sure you or Anathema can link to a source stating that the Bernie camp insisted on keeping caucuses.  

15 hours ago, baconbits said:

I did, I didn’t find anything on sanders team insisting on keeping caucuses.  If it’s pretty well covered I’m sure you or Anathema can link to a source stating that the Bernie camp insisted on keeping caucuses.  

Look at the people who were most insistent on getting rid of caucuses, look at the people who were most insistent on reforming the caucuses. Their allegiances aren’t difficult to find either. Being that the point of the commission was to break down the divisiveness of the 2016 primary season, they don’t explicitly say Sanders supporters wanted this while Clinton supporters wanted that. You have to know a bit about who the members of the commission are and then you can get the context to understand which camp was advocating for different positions.

But I suspect you don’t actually disagree that the Sanders camp liked caucuses and favored simply reforming them being that his performances in caucuses is what kept him close to Clinton in 2016. The establishment Dems don’t like them because they are the type of election in which so called insurgent candidates can organize their efforts in particular ways that generate strong results.

A good example of this is actually Buttigieg this week. His team focused on areas where there is a high number of SDEs allocated relative to the number of voters. This allowed his team to expend less effort even on caucus night to rack up solid SDE counts while trailing Sanders in both rounds of the popular vote.

So even though there are math errors in the sheets reported to them that are simple to correct, the IDP has to report the numbers as written. Embarrassing all around.

14 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Hes also been pretty clear that Buttigieg could win Iowa and NH but is toast afterwards as hes sub double Digits elsewhere, like he would need biden to drop out to even have a chance, and even then they'd probably go elsewhere like bloomberg.