NFL Week 5 - NFL Refuses to Let COVID Dominate Their Lives

Keyser_Soze

@Biggie@sblfilms

Another positive test this morning in Tennessee.

...I don’t want my guys going down there, now.  I really don’t.

I don’t believe in forfeiture, at all, but man this game needs to be cancelled or postponed if they should decide to lengthen the nfl season.

I blame all of this on Biggie and SB, because I need to blame somebody and I think they are good guys who are not going to get too mad at me for blaming them.

...hmmm...feels better already.

edit: plus I am counting on Sb still being in a euphoric state from BoB being fired.  The story with Watts is incredible...and honestly, inspiring.  Good for him.  Good for the team.

4 hours ago, BuckFly said:

@Biggie@sblfilms

Another positive test this morning in Tennessee.

...I don’t want my guys going down there, now.  I really don’t.

I don’t believe in forfeiture, at all, but man this game needs to be cancelled or postponed if they should decide to lengthen the nfl season.

I blame all of this on Biggie and SB, because I need to blame somebody and I think they are good guys who are not going to get too mad at me for blaming them.

...hmmm...feels better already.

edit: plus I am counting on Sb still being in a euphoric state from BoB being fired.  The story with Watts is incredible...and honestly, inspiring.  Good for him.  Good for the team.

Loop Landing GIF by xponentialdesign

• Haha 1

@BuckFly you guys are getting screwed. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, they said from the start this wasn’t going to be fair to all the teams, but really what they meant was this was going to be least fair to the Bills.

Chiefs get a week and the Bills get five days.  Not even an extra day Patriots treatment of a Monday night at 7 pm.

F*** you, Tennessee.  Honestly, f*** you.

edit: I don’t mean Patriots treatment as an insult at all.  Just what happened in that scenario of switching the game.  I could have said Chiefs treatment, too.

Edit 2:

mother

Mother

MOTHER F***ER I take back what I said above!! Are you literally f***king kidding me?! THEY ARE MOVING THE BRONCOS PATS GAME TO MONDAY NIGHT?  

Please don’t tell me this isn’t just so a team can get it’s starting QB back?!!!!

NFL:  “ummm...well...we won’t tell you that NOW, BuckFly.”

22 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The NFL doesn't really have any good options with regards to the Titans.  Any team playing them in the near future should have a guaranteed W -- they have barely practiced and are missing a ton of players.

NFL teams should have two teams. The real one and the quarantined team. When one is infected they bring in the quarantine team to play the games while the real team isolates. So this week is time for the quarantined Titans to play while the real Titans isolate.

52 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

NFL teams should have two teams. The real one and the quarantined team. When one is infected they bring in the quarantine team to play the games while the real team isolates. So this week is time for the quarantined Titans to play while the real Titans isolate.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa and whoa there, Keyser.

If I didn't know any better I'd say what you were suggesting would be cloning, which we all know is an abomination and unnatural violation of man and this mortal coil. 

...mind you its easy. I've looked into it for myself, but still, don't go there.

...far out.

8 hours ago, BuckFly said:

If I didn't know any better I'd say what you were suggesting would be cloning, which we all know is an abomination and unnatural violation of man and this mortal coil. 

I was thinking more of an expanded practice squad / b team kind of thing rather than clones but clones could work too. :p

• Haha 1

I am expecting the Raiders defence to get lit up by the Chiefs tomorrow.  Assuming that happens, tomorrow night would be the perfect night to let go of Paul Guenther (the third-year Raiders DC) -- the Raiders have had a bottom three rated defence (by DVOA) in every year of his tenure (the only defence in the NFL to accomplish this dubious honour).

The obvious candidate would be for Rod Marinelli to be promoted to DC -- and while he had a dubious record while in Dallas, at least he managed a middle-of-the-pack defence for each of his years in Dallas.  That would be a HUGE improvement for the Raiders.

• Guillotine 1