YAKUZA 0 is now available on PC!

Pikachu

10 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Does playing these in order matter?

There is a continuous story thread throughout the games and I would recommend starting at Zero.  It is a video game story so it isn’t a big deal to skip games in the series.  Yakuza does a decent job recapping the story’s the beginning of each game. 

I played 1 and 2 a long time ago...

1) Played Yakuza 0 earlier in the year

2) Played Yakuza 6 a few months back

Don't remember much of what happened from 1 and leading to 6.  I was not at all lost and enjoyed the game

I can't imagine Wade liking the game though hah

15 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Just how "Japanese" is it?

I mean, is it anime/Final Fantasy level Japanese which will make me want to drop more nukes?

I'd say very Japanese in terms of culture / wackiness - I would not compare it to Final Fantasy / anime, though.

My second favorite Yakuza game with the best combat mechanics found in the series.

It has all strangeness of Japanese culture, but none of the Anime shit.  Kazuma plays a pretty good straight man to the bizarre shit that is happening. Kazuma’s main weakness is his pervy side so those type of side quests his straight man character breaks a bit. 

3 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I mean, is it anime/Final Fantasy level Japanese which will make me want to drop more nukes?

On 8/2/2018 at 7:27 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah once he gets to that panty quest I can see him saying, "nope." then droppin the nukes.

3 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

This game made me want to eat japanese food all the time.  The wackiness of the side quests and mini games you can do make it surprisingly fun.  I especially got addicted to leveling up my girls at the club so they can make me more money.  ;)

CD8D497584FFAF252605C389B04233C5AD2A097B

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, SFLUFAN said:

I have little doubt this will be a Christmas Steam Sale purchase for me!

Its $20 and was like 15%  off if you preordered. Waiting for Christmas to save a couple bucks at most is silly for such a great game. This was actually the game that got me to buy a used PS4 so I could play it and Kiwami (and eventually Kiwami 2 in a few weeks). Even still, I immediately rebought it on PC and have been playing it again while lending my PS4 to a friend so he can play it as well.

That said, there are a couple issues with the PC version. Some people have been complaining that the game won't start, or doesn't start consistently. Sega put out a patch this morning to fix it, but it seems like the patch was causing those same issues for other people, so they rolled it back a few hours later. There's also a consistent hard crash at the start of a side quest, which that patch fixed, but again it was rolled back. Other people have complained about LOD issues and physics issues when playing the UFO catcher at uncapped framerates, but I haven't run into either of those issues.

That said, fantastic game. I love the hell out of it and I can't wait for Kiwami 2 and the 3/4/5 remasters to come out.

On 8/1/2018 at 12:12 PM, RedSoxFan9 said:

Does playing these in order matter?

Not really since they all start with a bunch of cut-scenes to get you caught up on the story plots relevant to the latest game. Sure it doesn't cover every aspect and it's well worth going back to play the older games but you won't be totally lost if you jumped in on the latest. Plus with this technically being a prequel it ends up fill in the series lore and backstory.

I've been watching Dyrus play this on his stream, and gotta say the game is legit wacky but seemingly fun at the same time.

3 hours ago, eggydoo said:

This game made me want to eat japanese food all the time.  The wackiness of the side quests and mini games you can do make it surprisingly fun.  I especially got addicted to leveling up my girls at the club so they can make me more money.  ;)

CD8D497584FFAF252605C389B04233C5AD2A097B

Fucking Mr. Libido :lol: