Gotham Knights (WB Montreal, 21 October 2022) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

skillzdadirecta

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I just checked a video of MW5 post ray tracing update, and yea, I’m thinking of a different mech game, but I have no idea which one! :p 

MGS5 has better character models, IMO.

That was off the top of my head, didn’t pause to think about it or Ratchet PS5 would’ve been there too, also maybe Dirt 5

Okay yeah, I was gonna say about MW5 lol, yeah that was a disappointment. 

I’ll be in the minority but this game is doing nothing for me. The combat, open world, and story are all kind of meh to me. It feels like I killing time until GoW 2 drops. Gonna play some more Mario and Rabbids and hit up some Game Pass games. 

peace out GIF by neomagazinroyale

• Haha 1

Beat this today with all case files complete. I was a bit surprised with how the ending went, and also just that I had arrived there. I usually can tell when I’m hitting the last mission but I thought there was going to be a little more. So I actually beat the main game last night then finished the Clayface story just now. That was actually a more fun last fight to end the game on, awesome boss fight there.

I ended up beating it as Red Hood, because I didn’t realize that I was on the last mission but seeing that there are multiple endings, and considering what the story is mostly about, his ending might make the most sense anyway. About half way through I started using him more and I like playing him equally to Bat Girl, and was pleasantly surprised by his style and his movement ability is ridiculous but also kind of fantastic.

Solid 8/10 for me, liked it a lot more than I thought I would. They really stripped out all the GASS junk that I kept sending in previews still, but it DOES feel like that was the original idea but they just couldn’t make it work and probably got scared off by Avengers. But it’s that element that made it so hard to get until the reviews came out. 

Really, by failing in some ways with what was likely it’s original identity as a more multiplayer and GASS focused game, I got something you never really get, a AAA high budget beat ‘em up game. I really liked that about it.

Story was pretty mid for me, but it wasn’t a big deal for me here just like it’s not in the new TMNT either. Like what happens is fine, but the acting and interactions are so bad it drags it down.

Also this game made me realize I didn’t really ever like actually fighting in the Arkham games, that parry dance wasn’t fun to actually play imo. 

Edit: Oh yeah and give THIS team TMNT next actually, it would go over better with people with that franchise. Just sort out so there is less repetition unlocking all their abilities and figure out something more fun for the “y” attack than that stiff hard projectile

• Halal 1

21 minutes ago, stepee said:

Beat this today with all case files complete. I was a bit surprised with how the ending went, and also just that I had arrived there. I usually can tell when I’m hitting the last mission but I thought there was going to be a little more. So I actually beat the main game last night then finished the Clayface story just now. That was actually a more fun last fight to end the game on, awesome boss fight there.

I ended up beating it as Red Hood, because I didn’t realize that I was on the last mission but seeing that there are multiple endings, and considering what the story is mostly about, his ending might make the most sense anyway. About half way through I started using him more and I like playing him equally to Bat Girl, and was pleasantly surprised by his style and his movement ability is ridiculous but also kind of fantastic.

Solid 8/10 for me, liked it a lot more than I thought I would. They really stripped out all the GASS junk that I kept sending in previews still, but it DOES feel like that was the original idea but they just couldn’t make it work and probably got scared off by Avengers. But it’s that element that made it so hard to get until the reviews came out. 

Really, by failing in some ways with what was likely it’s original identity as a more multiplayer and GASS focused game, I got something you never really get, a AAA high budget beat ‘em up game. I really liked that about it.

Story was pretty mid for me, but it wasn’t a big deal for me here just like it’s not in the new TMNT either. Like what happens is fine, but the acting and interactions are so bad it drags it down.

Also this game made me realize I didn’t really ever like actually fighting in the Arkham games, that parry dance wasn’t fun to actually play imo. 

Edit: Oh yeah and give THIS team TMNT next actually, it would go over better with people with that franchise. Just sort out so there is less repetition unlocking all their abilities and figure out something more fun for the “y” attack than that stiff hard projectile

I haven't gamed in a few days because of moving but I want this beat before I get GOW next week. 

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

Realistically I probably won't be hooked up to my TV until Tuesday. I planned on getting GOW Thursday night because I'm off Friday. 

Did your parents say it was okay?

Kidding bruh lol. Glad you got moved safely and now you can begin to rebuild everything. Enjoy GOW. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finsihed this the other night with @JPDunks4... this game is this year's Guardians of the Galaxy for me or Watch Dogs Legion from the year before. Games that come out and get lukewarm receptions from critics and gamers for whatever reasons that I throughly enjoy. This game was great in almost every category and is highly replayable. I can totally see what potential DLC they had planned for this and hopefully we get to see it. In the meantime I'll level up my character until the 4 player mode is released at the end of the month. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Finsihed this the other night with @JPDunks4... this game is this year's Guardians of the Galaxy for me or Watch Dogs Legion from the year before. Games that come out and get lukewarm receptions from critics and gamers for whatever reasons that I throughly enjoy. This game was great in almost every category and is highly replayable. I can totally see what potential DLC they had planned for this and hopefully we get to see it. In the meantime I'll level up my character until the 4 player mode is released at the end of the month. 

I think the user impression was actually pretty positive besides the performance, at least judging from resetera. But I agree, I had a blast with it and would love some dlc.

• Halal 1

Ive thoroughly enjoyed it, did NG+ and ht Lvl 40.  Will probably play through to get good Lvl 40 gear for my characters before the new 4 Player thing comes out.

While the core ideas of the game are repetitive, the variety of enemies and how fun the combat is with all the skills unlocked keep me entertained.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I was so close to beating this then I had to move and then GOW came out. I'll have to get back to it at some point to beat it. 

I'm diving into GOW now. Gonna see how far I get before I leave for Thanksgiving next week. It didn't grab me initially but its starting to open up for me now. I'm still VERY early... just got

Spoiler

to the dwarven village

But yeah Gotham is a great game. I hope it did decent enoughb to be supported despite the shitty reviews.

• Halal 1

13 hours ago, best3444 said:

No biggie. It's a solid title worth $40 imo. I bought it new and had a blast.

13 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's a great game at any price. You guys are gonna have fun with this. 

I bought it for myself as a Christmas gift. It's just gonna sit there on the dashboard until Christmas eve. lol

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I’m not sure how it is on consoles now but I’d probably check there too as I am happy and surprised to report that the pc version is SIGNIFICANTLY improved from when I played it at launch, I think it was with a patch sometime in December. It’s actually perfectly playable maxed out with ray tracing at 60fps now, often in the 70-80s on my 10850k. There’s a few intersections that I can get to dip to the mid 50s but with gsync it’s butter overall. Interior missions Im sure are 120fps locked now. I’m not getting any of those wild swings, those weird choke points of low performance seem at least greatly reduced, so I bet that’s fixed on console too. It’s not the best running game in the world, cpu usage is better but still low, but it’s honestly totally fine now.

I really did not think they would fix it up at all since it just seemed so broken, I thought the only thing that could save it was dlss3. They should still do that because I bet even a 4080 locks 120fps maxed out on this if they added dlss3 now since the base is running so much better. But yeah, I bet anything 12700k or better never drops 60fps at this point.

Definitely should have delayed this one to get it to this stage. It’s so nice looking on the oled now too with those crisp blacks and multi colored gotham city lights. Bad on the publisher for rushing it out, good on the dev for fixing it up like this.

It hit at a great time for me, gameplay wise, so I can’t be too mad I played it when I did but man do I wish it looked like it does now the times I wasn’t streaming to deck.

• Halal 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
11 hours ago, stepee said:
WWW.ESRB.ORG

This is an action role-playing game in which players control one of four Batman Family members through missions around Gotham City. Players explore open-world environments while investigating crime...

ESRB added Switch to their ratings recently 

@Phaseknox keep that Switch handy!

So the game couldn’t run on PS4 and Xbox One, but it can on Switch. That makes no sense. I’m waiting to get it for PS5, because I have no interest in playing a gimped version of it on my Switch Lite.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

So the game couldn’t run on PS4 and Xbox One, but it can on Switch. That makes no sense. I’m waiting to get it for PS5, because I have no interest in playing a gimped version of it on my Switch Lite.

It will be interesting if the PS5 pro can run it at 60 when the guys around here with the rigs had a difficult time with fps.