Horizon Forbidden West - Information Thread, update: Digital Foundry hands-on with PC version

SaysWho?

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

Question on the DLC (apologize if this is already been ask/is known). Is it going to be similar to the Frozen Wilds in that it's meant to be played as part of a main run or if it is a post game add in (Like Witcher DLCs).

I don’t believe this is known! Since it’s ps5 only for some reason I assume the latter.

12 minutes ago, Dexterryu said:

Question on the DLC (apologize if this is already been ask/is known). Is it going to be similar to the Frozen Wilds in that it's meant to be played as part of a main run or if it is a post game add in (Like Witcher DLCs).

Probably safe to assume that will be similar to The Frozen Wilds.

• 3 weeks later...
3ffd42298832191b89483e6708b37dd88aebf5dd
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Guerrilla details how it's leveraging the console features to make for a new unique adventure.

Next month, Aloy will face new threats in a danger-filled land as she embarks on a new adventure. Horizon Forbidden West’s Burning Shore expansion leverages the power of PS5 to make this journey possible. We reached out to Guerrilla to understand how, and to find out more about the enticing combat and world design details we should expect on April 19. Game Director Mathijs de Jonge offers his development insights.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West - Information Thread, update: "How Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores will harness the power of PS5" (PlayStation Blog)
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West - Information Thread, update: Burning Shores DLC pre-orders now available for $20
  • 2 weeks later...
18ba0739771c3a28e75898cc30bdf8536671a900
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

Guerrilla’s teams detail how it elevated the series’ skyscape for the upcoming expansion.

The world of Horizon is vast and majestic, featuring lush landscapes crowned by seemingly endless skies. When the team at Guerrilla began creating this world, developers of various disciplines considered how to bring an immersive level of life to the world. For Guerrilla’s Atmospherics team, this meant populating the skies with lifelike clouds. 

This work was evolved for Horizon Forbidden West. And now, in Burning Shores, Aloy will soar through more breathtaking, realistic skies than ever before. 

52768853798_4381d104c3_4k.jpg

52768780765_fbf15e6122_4k.jpg

52767826912_6a2f03c087_4k.jpg

52768620054_8e0d062b36_4k.jpg

52768853583_2cc2958064_4k.jpg

52768780595_f27cdf6c3a_4k.jpg

giphy.gif

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West - Information Thread, update: "Pushing the envelope: Achieving next-level clouds" (PlayStation Blog post) and "Meet the Machines:
Horizon-Forbidden-West-Burning-Shores_04
GAMINGBOLT.COM

The Waterwing is a new Machine that will introduce in the upcoming expansion, combining both aerial and aquatic traversal.

Taking recently to Twitter, the developer revealed the Waterwing, a new Machine that players will get to both fight and take control of in the upcoming DLC. As its name implies, the Waterwing, which is a medium-sized machine, combines both flight and aquatic traversal, as a “flying machine that can dive deep underwater.”

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West - Information Thread, update: "Pushing the envelope: Achieving next-level clouds" (PlayStation Blog post), "Waterwing" (flying/underwater diving) machine revealed

I finally got back to this game after a few months and finally platinum'ed the base game over the past few weeks. Pretty good timing given the DLC is coming out just next month! Great game, expanded a lot on what made the first game great. Took me over 100 hours to do everything (with some idle time in there too) but it was worth it, played the game on hard.

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Now that's what I call multitasking! :o

So long as I wrap up God of War: Ragnarok (PS5), Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (PC), and RE4R (PC) before those two games drop. I think I should be able to. Recently wrapped up Dead Space remake, Crisis Core remaster, and Triangle Strategy (a game that essentially requires you to replay it on New Game+) so the backlog is down to these three games finally. :p 

• Halal 1

22 hours ago, eventide11 said:

This game is pretty damn great. It took it becoming free before I would try it but it's definitely caught all 5 pds of my attention. Hopefully it doesn't fall on its face at some point but Guerilla really went yard on this game

For me it kept getting better and more interesting and left me super excited for Horizon 3.

• Like 1

edb8e758ed695d412ebd3fd3dbfb9e37e67f1aaa
BLOG.PLAYSTATION.COM

The team at Guerrilla dives deep on the sea-faring Quen tribe at the heart of the Burning Shores with Lead Writer Annie Kitain.

Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores takes Aloy to the ruins of Los Angeles. The past millennia has seen the metropolis wracked by tectonic and volcanic activity. The result: a dangerous archipelago populated by deadly machines. Among these islands, a large settlement of Quen fight to survive. 

A look at The Quen

Aloy first encountered the tribe in Horizon Forbidden West, during her search for one of GAIA’s subordinate functions. “The Quen are a seafaring tribe from across the Pacific ocean,” Annie Kitain, Lead Writer at Guerrilla explains. “Unlike other tribes Aloy’s met, the Quen have built their society around their ability to use the Focus, which enables them to access and read ancient data. This technological advantage has given them an edge against other tribes in their homeland, the Great Delta, but it has also shaped their culture in interesting ways.” 

“Knowledge from the ancient past has allowed the Quen to build an impressive empire. But unlike, say, the Oseram tribe, whose technological prowess is due to their creative inventions, the Quen rely solely on the knowledge they’ve unearthed to drive their advancements. As a result, an important part of their culture revolves around protecting the few Focuses the tribe possesses, as well as strictly controlling who can access the valuable information these devices reveal.” 

“To that end, Diviners play a special role in the tribe. As a highly esteemed class of Quen, only Diviners are allowed to use a Focus to read data. Their job is to find and record ancient knowledge that may benefit the empire, ensuring that it doesn’t fall into the hands of outsiders.”

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Horizon Forbidden West - Information Thread, update: "Get to know the Quen" (PlayStation Blog post)