Talk me out of buying Witcher 3 on PS4

maddux4163

Ok. Bought this game 5 years ago on PC. Played it to death. Maybe 120 hours. Maxed out 1440p goodness. 

Fantastic game. One of the best RPG’s ever. 

But I see It’s $15 on PSN. 

Thought about a PS4 play through on the big screen 

Waste of money?

43 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

Ok. Bought this game 5 years ago on PC. Played it to death. Maybe 120 hours. Maxed out 1440p goodness. 

Fantastic game. One of the best RPG’s ever. 

But I see It’s $15 on PSN. 

Thought about a PS4 play through on the big screen 

Waste of money?

Save your $15 and move the PC to the TV. 

Best piece of advise you will ever get , now that will be $15, cash or charge?

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Don't do it. You are better off just giving me the $15. 

Yeah. After thinking it over. It’s a useless purchase. I have It on PC. If it kills me enough I could Just drag my desktop down stairs. Meh. I’ll buy something else. You’re right. 

5 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Save your $15 and move the PC to the TV. 

Best piece of advise you will ever get , now that will be $15, cash or charge?

Exactly my thoughts lol 

it was a stupid thought. I don’t even have a PS4 PRO. It’s standard. 

After blazing through this game on my PC 5 years ago, I’d be spoiled. 

Think I’ll look at maybe Yakuza or the Arkham collection is like $10 I think. 

Or maybe I’ll not spend anything and play the other 186227 games I own 😋

1 minute ago, maddux4163 said:

Yeah. After thinking it over. It’s a useless purchase. I have It on PC. If it kills me enough I could Just drag my desktop down stairs. Meh. I’ll buy something else. You’re right. 

No. I mean, give me the $15.

15 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Why waste money on an inferior version?

Truth. My only reasoning it’s cheap and I can Leave my 25lb Hulk of a desktop upstairs. What a bitch to move that thing. 

I do have a TV upstairs. But not my new 4K one. Just wanted an excuse to get back into that game again mainly lol

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Unless you really want to see it in HDR, don’t. Just use a Steam Link app to stream it to your TV if that’s the issue. I can’t imagine playing TW3 without mods tbh.

Hmmm. The steam link app. Never thought of that or tried. How’s latency?

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I say buy it... why the fuck not? It's not as bad as me about to buy Skyrim for the fourth time :p

I know right? Can’t tell you how many versions of Skyrim or console ports/remasters I own. Too many to count. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, maddux4163 said:

Truth. My only reasoning it’s cheap and I can Leave my 25lb Hulk of a desktop upstairs. What a bitch to move that thing. 

I do have a TV upstairs. But not my new 4K one. Just wanted an excuse to get back into that game again mainly lol

Honestly, as much as I love Witcher 3(it's in my top 3 of all time), there are too many other games out there for me to sink another 130 or more hours into it again.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Honestly, as much as I love Witcher 3(it's in my top 3 of all time), there are too many other games out there for me to sink another 130 or more hours into it again.

Yeah. I did around 120. But guess what? Never played the expansions!!! I bought both. But by the time they dropped, I had Moved onto other things. Think at the time, Fallout 4. 

4 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

Yeah. I did around 120. But guess what? Never played the expansions!!! I bought both. But by the time they dropped, I had Moved onto other things. Think at the time, Fallout 4. 

Oh, you should definitely play the expansions, they were fantastic. I did pretty much everything in the game and it took me 134 hours, according to Steam.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oh, you should definitely play the expansions, they were fantastic. I did pretty much everything in the game and it took me 134 hours, according to Steam.

Played mine on GOG 

I did actually boot one of the expansions up. A couple of years ago. With my old save. I remember getting my ass handed to me and forgetting the basics of combat and such. It lost me. So after like 30 mins. I moved on. Haunts me still 

The game is damn near unplayable without mods and i dont think you can get those on PS4. that alone should be reason enough to not play it on your PS4. You can however hook up your computer to your tv and play it again. You can even use your PS4 controller. 

if for some reason you cant play on your pc then i dont see why you shouldnt get the ps4 version it is a good price after all. 

16 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

Hmmm. The steam link app. Never thought of that or tried. How’s latency?

As long as you have a good router there’s basically none. I stream 4k HDR @ 60fps from my PC to my OLED and I don’t notice any lag even in fighting games.

2 minutes ago, HGLatinBoy said:

The game is damn near unplayable without mods and i dont think you can get those on PS4. that alone should be reason enough to not play it on your PS4. You can however hook up your computer to your tv and play it again. You can even use your PS4 controller. 

if for some reason you cant play on your pc then i dont see why you shouldnt get the ps4 version it is a good price after all. 

Nah. I can Play on my PC. Just wanted something on my downstairs PS4 and it was cheap. But, I’m sure it’d destroy me playing in 1080p at 30fps and looking last gen and all. Wouldn’t be worth it 

Just now, Spork3245 said:

As long as you have a good router there’s basically none. I stream 4k HDR @ 60fps from my PC to my OLED and I don’t notice any lag even in fighting games.

My router is fine and internet speeds are 200mbs. I even have an extender too! 

Not sure how that app works. But I’ll look into it. 

Just now, maddux4163 said:

My router is fine and internet speeds are 200mbs. I even have an extender too! 

Not sure how that app works. But I’ll look into it. 

It’s local so internet speeds won’t matter, it has to do with the router’s bandwidth. If you have a decent 5ghz router you should be fine. 
Some TVs have the app available, if not, an AppleTV, Chromecast, Roku, any Android device, etc has the app available.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

It’s local so internet speeds won’t matter, it has to do with the router’s bandwidth. If you have a decent 5ghz router you should be fine. 
Some TVs have the app available, if not, an AppleTV, Chromecast, Roku, any Android device, etc has the app available.

I’m sure my TV has the app. If not I have Apple TV. 

So, will it tell me to go turn on my PC and shit and it remote plays? 

1 hour ago, maddux4163 said:

I’m sure my TV has the app. If not I have Apple TV. 

So, will it tell me to go turn on my PC and shit and it remote plays? 

What TV do you have? The app will tell you how to sync it. After that, as long as your PC is on you can remote play all your steam games.

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

What TV do you have? The app will tell you how to sync it. After that, as long as your PC is on you can remote play all your steam games.

Samsung 60” 4K. Not sure the model. It’s new though. I have The app downloaded too! 

Have not went upstairs to turn on my PC 

also, do I just Connect my Xbox 360 wired controller to my TV?