Talk me out of buying Witcher 3 on PS4

maddux4163

1 minute ago, maddux4163 said:

Wouldn’t know how to act in front of a monitor that big. I’d have to sit 10ft back hah

Well if you've got like a 27 inch monitor you'd just sit roughly 2x as far as you currently do! And if I know anything about PC seating, that's like... 2 feet instead of 1!

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Well if you've got like a 27 inch monitor you'd just sit roughly 2x as far as you currently do! And if I know anything about PC seating, that's like... 2 feet instead of 1!

That’s exactly what mine is. 27” 1440p 60hz old battle tested monitor I’ve had maybe 6 years 

15 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

Samsung 60” 4K. Not sure the model. It’s new though. I have The app downloaded too! 

Have not went upstairs to turn on my PC 

also, do I just Connect my Xbox 360 wired controller to my TV?

I don’t believe you can use a wired controller. However, I think you can connect a DS4 to the TV.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I don’t believe you can use a wired controller. However, I think you can connect a DS4 to the TV.

Via what? Bluetooth? My PS4 lives on a plugged in cable. It’s a launch controller and holds a 15 min charge at best. Lol

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

I guess you should use the $15 towards a new controller? :p 

Think maybe you’re right. But I prefer a 360 pad over anything. Maybe I’ll buy a wireless on of em. 

I’ll still test out the Steam link tonight. Just to see how it works!

I def a new DS4. It’s WORN in like an old baseball glove. Rubber coming off the joy sticks and all! 

Just now, maddux4163 said:

Think maybe you’re right. But I prefer a 360 pad over anything. Maybe I’ll buy a wireless on of em. 

I’ll still test out the Steam link tonight. Just to see how it works!

I def a new DS4. It’s WORN in like an old baseball glove. Rubber coming off the joy sticks and all! 

The 360 controller won’t sync to the TV, BUT, as long as the signal reaches it can just be plugged into the PC and will control the game. You don’t like the Xbone controller? It’s better than the 360 IMO.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

The 360 controller won’t sync to the TV, BUT, as long as the signal reaches it can just be plugged into the PC and will control the game. You don’t like the Xbone controller? It’s better than the 360 IMO.

I’m cool on the Xbone. Forgot about that tbh

How on earth would I connect a 360 pad to my computer upstairs and have it downstairs to play on? Run a 200ft cable? Lmao. I’ll buy an Xbone pad. I used to have a system. Sold it a couple years ago and 99.9% of their games are already on PC 

For some odd reason I got to playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider on PS4 tonight and now I want The Nathan Drake Collection as it’s $20 

ugh. I hate how my wallet treats me. 

But tbh actually enjoying Tomb Raider. Been years since I played the original reboot. 

Just now, maddux4163 said:

How on earth would I connect a 360 pad to my computer upstairs and have it downstairs to play on? Run a 200ft cable? Lmao. I’ll buy an Xbone pad. I used to have a system. Sold it a couple years ago and 99.9% of their games are already on PC 

I said signal, meaning the wireless one you mentioned buying. :p 

Bad news, looks like there’s a controller shortage or something, I just checked Amazon and eBay. WTF.

HOWEVER; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777FDCX7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_O5CYEbSY10PA2

:p 

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I said signal, meaning the wireless one you mentioned buying. :p 

Bad news, looks like there’s a controller shortage or something, I just checked Amazon and eBay. WTF.

HOWEVER; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777FDCX7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_O5CYEbSY10PA2

:p 

Absolutely a 0% chance I run a cable like that 😋

what controller should I buy? If I need a DS4 anyhow, maybe two birds one stone?!

6 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

My local GameStop appears to have them in stock. Weird there’s a shortage on amazon. Christ. These systems have been out for 7 damn years 

COVID likely caused manufacturing issues. Might as well get the DS4, but make sure you can sync it to your TV or PC before buying.

6 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Yeah the switch version has cloud saves that you can send between GOG/Steam and Switch.

I’m all about cross saves. If they allowed it for PS4. That would almost be a win. But switch? Can’t imagine playing that at PS3/360 quality

Also, that’s not the type of game I’d ever sit in bed and play. Cmon. Lol

The idea is fantastic. Wish Sony and Microsoft did that 

9 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

I’m all about cross saves. If they allowed it for PS4. That would almost be a win. But switch? Can’t imagine playing that at PS3/360 quality

Also, that’s not the type of game I’d ever sit in bed and play. Cmon. Lol

The idea is fantastic. Wish Sony and Microsoft did that 

Sure its not perfect and I don't expect to play it primarily on the Switch, but its a really nice option to have to play on the go. Friday and Saturday are dead slow at my work, Switcher would be awesome to pull out and play for a few hours.