Talk me out of buying Witcher 3 on PS4

maddux4163

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Husband got sick of the issues with RaspberryPi. Dumped it. He loves his MiSTer. 

I'm not really into the tech stuff like he is, but it is a much better experience. We played through the Game Gear Shining Force game on it. 

Ahh. So it’s a Pi but not as complex eh? All for it. Much akin to mini consoles. They’ll take anything and any game 

7 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

But. Kinda 

It's an open source (emulator?) where a bunch of people make "cores" to replicate the platform of source almost perfectly.

If you watch Giant Bomb Jeff plays on one a lot and it's got like tons of different platforms, even like little obscure ones. Commodore 64 California Games baby!

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Honestly, I don’t care for emulation. I go with the original hardware almost every time. At least modded hardware. 

we only used the MiSTer for the GG game so we could play it together. Otherwise, it’s just a tinkering object for him. 

Yep. Pure tinkering and fun. That’s my use. True gameplay for me is OG hardware. 

Did you ever get into arcade PCB collecting?

Ooooo no. Way beyond me. Not enough room for huge cabinets. Not enough “true love” for the arcade classics. 

Don’t get it twisted. I love arcade games. But their console ports, most, are arcade perfect. Depending. 

Just now, maddux4163 said:

Ooooo no. Way beyond me. Not enough room for huge cabinets. Not enough “true love” for the arcade classics. 

Don’t get it twisted. I love arcade games. But their console ports, most, are arcade perfect. Depending. 

Don’t need space for cabs. Though we do have a restored Neo Geo cab. 

We just collect the boards. And they are farrrrrr superior to their console counterparts, I dunno what you’re smoking lol. 

Don’t need space for cabs. Though we do have a restored Neo Geo cab. 

We just collect the boards. And they are farrrrrr superior to their console counterparts, I dunno what you’re smoking lol. 

What’s the point of having the boards without a cabinet? How do you play? 

Also, depends on the game. Many ports were perfected a generation later on console. 

1 minute ago, maddux4163 said:

What’s the point of having the boards without a cabinet? How do you play? 

Also, depends on the game. Many ports were perfected a generation later on console. 

Super Gun. 

I mean, we can put any of our boards in the Neo Geo cab. But Super Gun is easier and more comfortable. 

Super Gun. 

I mean, we can put any of our boards in the Neo Geo cab. But Super Gun is easier and more comfortable. 

Right. Point is you need 1 cab to swap em in and out of. Do not get it wrong, I’d love that. Nothing beats the “feel” of an arcade cabinet standing up and inserting coins. 

Maybe one day. Maybe one day. 

Nooooo. Super Gun is to adapt for TV. 

They’ll always be exceptions. But let’s not pretend the “main” arcade games aren’t already perfected on a console. 

I’ll agree 100% the experience will always be better on a Cabinet with many of those games. But that’s serious cash 💰 

3 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

They’ll always be exceptions. But let’s not pretend the “main” arcade games aren’t already perfected on a console. 

I’ll agree 100% the experience will always be better on a Cabinet with many of those games. But that’s serious cash 💰 

I’m still not sure you’re getting what I’m saying. :p 

But there are too many exceptions. I mean, I think the Capcom Beat Em Up collection is good for Switch. But having those games in their original for is really unbeatable. 

I’m still not sure you’re getting what I’m saying. :p 

But there are too many exceptions. I mean, I think the Capcom Beat Em Up collection is good for Switch. But having those games in their original for is really unbeatable. 

We agree. Just saying cash/space wise it’s not worth it but for the 1% of collectors. We are a rare breed. We push the prices up. They’ll play space invaders on their iPhone. Not a $2500 cabinet. Lol

Just now, maddux4163 said:

We agree. Just saying cash/space wise it’s not worth it but for the 1% of collectors. We are a rare breed. We push the prices up. They’ll play space invaders on their iPhone. Not a $2500 cabinet. Lol

I’m telling you that you can collect the boards and play them but not need a cab. 

Personally, the cans are a bit uncomfortable to play at for any significant length of time. Plus, the screens are old and a bitch to fix and they don’t look as nice these days. 

I think you’re high tonight, dude. :p I dunno what games you’re thinking that have perfect console

ports these days. 

I mean, Saturn had some good fighting game ports. But beyond that...

I mean. I feel ya. I hear ya. Truth bomb. I was but a casual arcade gamer. I had NES/SNES/Genesis/TurnoGrx16 etc

It did me fine. I’m aware the arcade is the “true” experience. 

I’m telling you that you can collect the boards and play them but not need a cab. 

Personally, the cans are a bit uncomfortable to play at for any significant length of time. Plus, the screens are old and a bitch to fix and they don’t look as nice these days. 

Don’t even tell me how lol do NOT need an obsession. Too many already 😋