Talk me out of buying Witcher 3 on PS4

maddux4163

Just now, maddux4163 said:

Ok. Like. It’s “retro”. So in 2-5 years does someone lose ALL LOVE for 30 year old games? What the FUCK. If anything it GREW

Sometimes I kinda of forget about my collection because I'm not buying stuff like I used to. But then it hits me and I'm all like "I love this shit" and go oogle my game room downstairs. :p

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Sometimes I kinda of forget about my collection because I'm not buying stuff like I used to. But then it hits me and I'm all like "I love this shit" and go oogle my game room downstairs. :p

I’ve been on and off buying like anyone else. Because we all bought the main shit first anyhow. Then life happens. Etc. it’s what it is. My love and knowledge for retro has grown exponentially. What makes me sad? Seeing YouTube videos on “retro” PS2/Xbox/GCN

I’ve been on and off buying like anyone else. Because we all bought the main shit first anyhow. Then life happens. Etc. it’s what it is. My love and knowledge for retro has grown exponentially. What makes me sad? Seeing YouTube videos on “retro” PS2/Xbox/GCN

Hey, I'm considering that retro now, lol. I actually thinking about messing with some PS2 stuff after Paper Mario. We have an adapter that lets me use a PS4 controller on PS2.

Hey, I'm considering that retro now, lol. I actually thinking about messing with some PS2 stuff after Paper Mario. We have an adapter that lets me use a PS4 controller on PS2.

PS2 games are BALLS CHEAP btw. Bottomed out 

4 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

PS2 games are BALLS CHEAP btw. Bottomed out 

I haven't checked many PS2 prices lately. Honestly, it's one of my smaller collections, because there's not just a ton I still care about on it these days. Mostly Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, some RPGs, husband has some sh'umps. We've got 35 PS2 games left on the shelf and I can't think of much else I'd care to add.

2 minutes ago, maddux4163 said:

Fuck YOU! Technically it’s retro. But I hate feeling old. 

To recap. In 2003, 20 years prior was Atari 7800. 

Now, 20 years prior is Dreamcast and launch PS2 Incoming 

WE ARE FUCKING OLD

I feel like I'm getting older. I started with NES, so I don't go back farther than that. Husband is 3 years older than us and he doesn't care about the Atari stuff, either.

I haven't checked many PS2 prices lately. Honestly, it's one of my smaller collections, because there's not just a ton I still care about on it these days. Mostly Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, some RPGs, husband has some sh'umps. We've got 35 PS2 games left on the shelf and I can't think of much else I'd care to add.

I feel like I'm getting older. I started with NES, so I don't go back farther than that. Husband is 3 years older than us and he doesn't care about the Atari stuff, either.

We’re close to age (33 here) my ass was NES. I’ve come to appreciate the Atari. It’s quick. Fast. Amazingly bad sound. It’s perfect 😂

But in general my life began at NES. 

I do enjoy Atari. Truly 

We’re close to age (33 here) my ass was NES. I’ve come to appreciate the Atari. It’s quick. Fast. Amazingly bad sound. It’s perfect 😂

But in general my life began at NES. 

I do enjoy Atari. Truly 

Passss.

I turn 33 in August. That's what I meant by "us." I recalled that we were pretty much the same age.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Passss.

I turn 33 in August. That's what I meant by "us." I recalled that we were pretty much the same age.

Yup. 34 October. 

Sure. Obviously Atari was before me. No. Not into the odyssey or the Intelivison etc. (I could Tell ya a lot about em) 

but Atari just had that “sound” that “bloop and blimp” that was fun. 

Yup. 34 October. 

Sure. Obviously Atari was before me. No. Not into the odyssey or the Intelivison etc. (I could Tell ya a lot about em) 

but Atari just had that “sound” that “bloop and blimp” that was fun. 

Hey, if you like it, that's all that matters. :p

This was fun, but I gotta go to bed. I enjoyed it, let's do it again sometime. I think I still have your phone #, unless you've changed it.

Hey, if you like it, that's all that matters. :p

This was fun, but I gotta go to bed. I enjoyed it, let's do it again sometime. I think I still have your phone #, unless you've changed it.

205-300-1668

All 6 people that read this can text me and talk games. It’s fine lol

11 hours ago, maddux4163 said:

I love It. But damn. Can’t we have something sleek to plug a board in? It’s ONE game 

Does this work? :santasun:

spacer.png spacer.png

I own an actual capcom jpn cabinet but it's in need of major restoration (I've had it for nearly 20 years), so it sits in my storage locker atm. So this is a smaller one I'm building to play my boards in my condo. It's a very slow WIP build I've been doing for a year (I post about it in the retro forums) 

11 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

You're up there. I'm not as knowledgeable on the tech aspects as, say @chakoo , but I probably have the most extensive collection here.

Yeah your collection dwarfs mine. I do try to collect breadth over depth so I can generally have access to a bunch of different systems even if my game collection per system is a bit light (exceptions for my 3ds & vita game collections).

43 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Does this work? :santasun:

spacer.png spacer.png

I own an actual capcom jpn cabinet but it's in need of major restoration (I've had it for nearly 20 years), so it sits in my storage locker atm. So this is a smaller one I'm building to play my boards in my condo. It's a very slow WIP build I've been doing for a year (I post about it in the retro forums) 

I haven't followed that thread of yours. Is it just for Neo Geo boards?

43 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Yeah your collection dwarfs mine. I do try to collect breadth over depth so I can generally have access to a bunch of different systems even if my game collection per system is a bit light (exceptions for my 3ds & vita game collections).

Yeah, I'm more for quality over quantity. We've got 1200+ physical games, but they're also spread across 34 platforms. Only 2 of those, we have over 100 games for(NES and SNES). Close to that on a few others.

I remember when NintendoAge existed, I was astounded by all the people going for full sets. Like, I'm not paying money for shit games, just so I can brag about having a full set.

11 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I haven't followed that thread of yours. Is it just for Neo Geo boards?

Nah it's just meant to be a bartop to play any jamma/JVS boards. I was even at one time looking to fit my namco system 256 inside so it could play Tekken 5/SC2/Gundam games. Atm I mostly use it to play some early 3D fighters like Tekken, Soul Edge (Just recently got tekken 3). I don't quite have the space for too many PCBs so I won't have many old 2d boards for it. The MVS was a more recent addition at the start of this year after picking up a Sam Sho 1 MVS cart (which is silly since I have the AES cart & Neo CD for it). I only have 3 MVS carts atm (Metal Slug, Sam Sho & Baseball Stars Prof). 

11 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, I'm more for quality over quantity. We've got 1200+ physical games, but they're also spread across 34 platforms. Only 2 of those, we have over 100 games for(NES and SNES). Close to that on a few others.

I remember when NintendoAge existed, I was astounded by all the people going for full sets. Like, I'm not paying money for shit games, just so I can brag about having a full set.

Yeah not a big fan of full sets. For portables I tend to buy up a lot of games since that is where I game the most but will eventually thin out the collection at the end of a systems life. I just haven't brought myself to do that to my Vita & 3DS collections yet since I'm still going through my backlog for them. My console collections are mostly sub 30 for each system. Just I then have a lot of systems (nes/fami/snes/n64/gcn/wii/wiiu/switch/xb/ps1/ps2/ps3/ps4/psp/vita/ds/gb/gbc/gg/wonderswan/ique/NG/NGCD/PC-E/gen/sat/ms and few others).

7 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Also, @maddux4163 you sparked me to buy my first retro piece in months. I grabbed a complete copy of Advance Wars 2 on GBA before I went to bed. Those two are about the last GBA games I wanted and they aren’t crazy expensive to get complete. My GBA set is all CIB so I must keep it that way. 

I am A God