Dead character returns in Mandalorian Season 2, following lead of TROS.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mandalorian-finds-boba-fett-temuera-morrison-1293675?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR's Heat Vision_now_2020-05-08 13:19:16_acouch&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_heat_vision

Temuera Morrison returning to play Boba (he played Jango Fett). This is stupid, imo. I'm sure it will be handled fine and it will be enjoyable...but come on, just leave the old stuff alone already. So now we're getting Aksoka and Boba in Season 2. What next, Jabba Jr. and Chad Tarkin? There are strong rumours that Hayden Christensen is in a Disney+ series, either this or Obi-Wan (likely the latter).

• Guillotine 1

17 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mandalorian-finds-boba-fett-temuera-morrison-1293675?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR's Heat Vision_now_2020-05-08 13:19:16_acouch&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_heat_vision

Temuera Morrison returning to play Boba (he played Jango Fett). This is stupid, imo. I'm sure it will be handled fine and it will be enjoyable...but come on, just leave the old stuff alone already. So now we're getting Aksoka and Boba in Season 2. What next, Jabba Jr. and Chad Tarkin? There are strong rumours that Hayden Christensen is in a Disney+ series, either this or Obi-Wan (likely the latter).

Both Ahsoka and BF would have been alive during The Mandalorian and its fairly believable that a famous Jedi and a famous Bounty Hunter would converge with our characters. Favreau and Filoni have done a bang up job so I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt that this isnt some fan service bullshit. 

• Like 1

This is a bit more believable though, because of the nature of the sarlacc pit.  As a grown up it's ridiculous to think that you would slowly die over 1000 years, because you'd die in less than a week from lack of water anyway.  So if anyone is going to escape the pit, it's going to be someone with a bunch of gadgets and a jet pack like Boba.  

5 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

This is a bit more believable though, because of the nature of the sarlacc pit.  As a grown up it's ridiculous to think that you would slowly die over 1000 years, because you'd die in less than a week from lack of water anyway.  So if anyone is going to escape the pit, it's going to be someone with a bunch of gadgets and a jet pack like Boba.  

From what i remember from reading Tales from Jabba's Palace that's not canon anymore the sarlacc keeps them alive. 

28 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Both Ahsoka and BF would have been alive during The Mandalorian and its fairly believable that a famous Jedi and a famous Bounty Hunter would converge with our characters. Favreau and Filoni have done a bang up job so I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt that this isnt some fan service bullshit. 

Boba died in ROTJ though. This is the first mention I believe that he survived in the new canon.

31 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Boba died in ROTJ though. This is the first mention I believe that he survived in the new canon.

If you don't see a body they aren't dead. You should know this by now. 

• Thanks 1

I haven't watched season one yet (so please avoid talking spoilers), but obviously I saw all the headlines of this and it got me thinking; people love Boba Fett even though he really doesn't do much, he just looks cool, and people always wanted more of him, like his own show, movie, or something, and to bring him back and prove he didn't die in the sarlacc pit somehow. 

Bringing him back in The Mandalorian might just be the best way. 

Remember, Boba Fett is supposed to be a villain, and even though he didn't do much in the original trilogy, this is now an opportunity to flesh out his character, and make him a badass but absolutely despicable villain that we hate. Set him up as the rival of Mando (that's the nickname people have given the main character in the show, right, since he doesn't ever say his name?), another Mandalorian, but with no scruples, no morality, and then Boba Fett can finally have an actual worthy, badass death scene if they decide to kill him. Make us root for Mando to best him, and for us to feel triumphant when he finally does. Show us how why Vader had to tell Boba "no disintegrations", and make us hate him for it. 

This is an opportunity to turn just a one dimensional character that fanboys obsess over just because he looks cool, into a proper three dimensional character with motivations, thoughts, personality, and you know, CHARACTER. 

If they can pull this off, I'm all for it. Plus Morrison should be in more stuff, so this is good news for him. 

If we can learn about the history, culture, religion, etc. of a planet, just based on being told that the guy who looks cool is a "Mandalorian", maybe it's now time to go back and actually flesh out that guy who looks cool. 

Here's one thing I would LOVE to see:

• Fett's escape from the Pit
  • Was that Fett at the end of S01E05?
  • Can we have a live action flashback to Fett & Cad Bane's falling out (initially supposed to be a 4 episode arc in Clone Wars)
  • Where does he fit into the overall Mandalorian legacy? 
  • Can we also get Bossk & Embo live action!?