What are you playing today?

13 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So I started Spider-Man 2 last night and got a couple hours in and it’s fun as expected. Sucks I gotta work three in a row, but I’ll definitely be playing this weekend.

Spider-Man 2 started out solid for me but close the the halfway mark it completely ramps everything up to a 10 all the way to the end. It's an incredible game and deserves way more nods for GOTY.

How Alan Wake 2 gets more recognition than this is comical. My point is, keep at it! 

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

It has a 40fps but it doesn’t use vrr for 40fps, 120hz screens can divide evenly so it can just lock to 40. There is also a vrr mode that should be higher than 40fps.

Oh, I see. I decided to play this again tomorrow to see if it hooks me. I got very far in Zero Dawn on my deck and really enjoyed it. I got stuck on a puzzle in a cave and never went back. 40fps is perfectly fine for me with good fidelity. 

@CastlevaniaNut18 @crispy4000Oops, I got the game confused with a different Mario game. I just checked and I was thinking about Super Mario 3D World but I do have both on Wii U. I didn't get far in New Super Mario Bros. on Wii U. I did beat New Super Mario Bros. 1&2 on 3DS.

In Super Mario 3D World I'm missing a few stamps like this

Every_stamp_3d_world.png?width=960

I just also have the one below Bowser's flag and the bottom right sticker. So 78/85 total so far.

Checked out RE4R in VR on ps5 and played up to where you get to the merchant and through the canyon area shootout after. Game fucking rules in VR as you would expect. It takes their work on the Quest version of RE4 (as does Village VR)  and then applies it with the fidelity of the remake but it seems even more refined now.

Knife fighting feels REAL good here. I’m using it more than in flatscreen, and really enjoying parrying and stabbing. Stealth kills are cool too. Shooting feels great and as usual the reloading mechanic makes gun fights extra tense.

It’s possibly the best looking and most realistic thing I’ve seen in VR. It’s actually really impressive the ps5 is pulling this off. They are using foveated rendering here using the eye tracking and getting great results. Really just looks like the ps5 version in VR without compromise with great fidelity, better than Village while looking better. Maybe they can go back and patch that.

Good stuff!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

I woke up at 330am and played Horizon Forbidden West for a few hours. Took a nap, played for another 3 hours. It's really good and the main reason for this is because I'm actually liking Aloy. I used to dispise her but after I played Zero Dawn on my deck I have fallen for her!

The game has a terrific flow and thus far I'm leaning towards this being better than Zero Dawn.

The improvements are really noticeable especially how awesome the bow is in this. The combat is even better and then being able to glide is dope. The characters are better and the visuals are fuckin impressive even after almost 2 years. 

@Biggie Try this again and fall in love with Blake Griffin like I have. Spoilers for Burning Shores below. You've been warned. 

Spoiler

I am kinda disappointed they made her a lesbian or at least bi. But apparently the lore in Zero Dawn explained that Sobeck was in a relationship with a woman in the past. Aloy is a genetic clone so it's understandable. BTW, I have absolutely nothing against being gay but it's seems like a lot of characters these days are gay. It tarnishes my sexual fantasy of her haha. Kidding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I woke up at 330am and played Horizon Forbidden West for a few hours. Took a nap, played for another 3 hours. It's really good and the main reason for this is because I'm actually liking Aloy. I used to dispise her but after I played Zero Dawn on my deck I have fallen for her!

The game has a terrific flow and thus far I'm leaning towards this being better than Zero Dawn.

The improvements are really noticeable especially how awesome the bow is in this. The combat is even better and then being able to glide is dope. The characters are better and the visuals are fuckin impressive even after almost 2 years. 

@Biggie Try this again and fall in love with Blake Griffin like I have. Spoilers for Burning Shores below. You've been warned. 

Hide contents

I am kinda disappointed they made her a lesbian or at least bi. But apparently the lore in Zero Dawn explained that Sobeck was in a relationship with a woman in the past. Aloy is a genetic clone so it's understandable. BTW, I have absolutely nothing against being gay but it's seems like a lot of characters these days are gay. It tarnishes my sexual fantasy of her haha. Kidding. 

NO.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Played through the start of Like a Dragon Gaiden today because I wanted to get access to the arcade to play the great collection on this one, especially Daytona 2 and Fighting Vipers 2. And damn, that is one gripping ass opening. I might have to play this and Avatar at the same time.

• Like 1
  • True 1

23 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I know it’s a ridiculous service, but the Expansion Pack on Switch is just great. GBA and N64 alone make the entry point worth it and even if the controls occasionally suck, it’s just great. Also, Jungle on GoldenEye can fuck off, worse as the next level is Control. 

Control can indeed fuck off. Even on Agent I’ve had to restart 5 times due to varying degrees of mid-90s gaming bullshit. (Natalya running into a crate that was blowing up, being swamped by grenades, going back through a door and essentially soft locking myself from the game, dying by being knocked from one bullet to another). 

I’ve played some Super Mario Wonder as a palette cleanser and it’s just great - but I’m vaguely determined to finish GoldenEye and then start on either Minish Cap or Metroid Fusion.

Finished Alan Wake (incl. DLC) - and will move on to American Nightmare.  The story telling and surreal batshit craziness is what makes Remedy games so good.  Alan Wake's combat/ traversal /  controls are not good, but the stuff surrounding that makes up for it.  It is REALLY showing its age -- but I'm thinking that playing it is important to appreciating Alan Wake 2.

• Hype 1

Playing LAD Gaiden and loving it a lot. I’ve been really looking forward to it the past week after having started it to get to the model 3 stuff. Something about this games visual design really sings with hdr on an oled too so it looks so nice to me on both deck and my tv.

Every time I play one of these I’m reminded I need to play them more because as a beat ‘em up fan it’s crazy that a beat em up series with AAA entries still exists. It’s really the amount of them coupled with the length of each that always intimidates me, so this being on the shorter side was an easy sell for me to jump in again.

Maybe I’ll try to start doing one a year with Judgement being next.

I’ve been playing Minish Cap and I’ve completed the first two dungeons. Game is wonderful and for someone that likes the more traditional Zelda, is a great, modern feeling version of the formula (compared say with GBC games which feel a bit too close to Links Awakening - and the unnecessary challenge of them). I think I’ll finish this and then play through Metroid Fusion as HLTB tells me its only 5 hours.

After that, I’ll grab a few Switch games I want and balance them wit God of War.

• Halal 1