Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King, available now

SaysWho?

• 1080p with new features and enhancements
  • Includes multiple game versions
  • Watch mode (skip to any part of the game, jump in and play at any point)
  • Ability to rewind
  • Museum (a look behind the scenes)
  • Trade Show Demo playable for the first time
  • Screen filters and display options
  • Soundtrack available to listen to individually

I guess that means I could actually beat The Lion King with this. :lol: 

These are supposed to be the included versions of each game:

Lion King: Genesis, SNES, Game Boy, Super Game Boy (the SNES Game Boy player with limited color support) and Japanese versions (I'm guessing for each system but maybe not).

Aladdin: regular Genesis, Genesis Final Cut, Game Boy, Super Game Boy and Japanese versions (all systems?).

2 hours ago, legend said:

Good to know, although wasn't the Genesis version at least a better version graphically? I have memories of the SNES one not being as good.

No, it's actually inferior on Genesis. SNES had greater graphical capabilities, a wider color palette. You really notice dithering in places on the Genesis version. The sound was also overall noticeably better on SNES. 

It's the same game, with minor differences, depending on the capabilities of each system. But generally, the SNES version is regarded as superior due to the reasons I listed above.

It's the Genesis version of Aladdin that has a reputation for having better graphics than the SNES version. I never played either one but from magazine screenshots back in the day I disagreed due to the dithering. More recently I saw video of both versions and the animation of the Genesis version does seem better but the dithering still sucks.

2 hours ago, legend said:

I see. I checked out this head-to-head, and indeed you guys seem to be right that the SNES version looks a bit better:

The Genesis version is probably just what you told yourself was better when you were a kid because that’s what you had :P

41 minutes ago, stepee said:

The Genesis version is probably just what you told yourself was better when you were a kid because that’s what you had :P

Haha maybe, although I may have been conflating my memory with Aladdin. Not sure having a broken memory is better than being a fanoboy as a kid, but... :p