Sony has shipped over 100 million PS4s LTD, faster than the PS2 and Wii

SaysWho?

21 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If you can’t hold the whole thing in your hands the concept is quite perplexing to him.

It's just so weird. PS2 was at, like, 112 million by the time the 360/PS3 came out and eventually sold another 40+ freaking million into that next gen. How do you live through that and not understand that tons of people buy consoles late into their lifespan and also when next gen releases?!

Some people don't care and prefer waiting and getting everything for cheap. On my vacation, I stayed with my friends' cousins, and the husband's latest console was a PS3, which he played plenty. He'll probably get the Quatro in 2020 or 2021. He likes to buy games, and he likes to buy them super cheap and doesn't mind waiting since he'll have plenty to play.

13 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

Some people really hold out this long. Or are born at launch and now are old enough to play. Where does it say 100 Million PS4s sold?

1564467151-capture-d-ecran-2019-07-30-a-

45 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Some people don't care and prefer waiting and getting everything for cheap. On my vacation, I stayed with my friends' cousins, and the husband's latest console was a PS3, which he played plenty. He'll probably get the Quatro in 2020 or 2021. He likes to buy games, and he likes to buy them super cheap and doesn't mind waiting since he'll have plenty to play.

The lady at my work only has a PS3 and she says she plays Black Ops 2 (or 3 I don't remember) and when the new one came out last year I asked if she was going to get that and she said no because she didn't want to learn a new game or something like that.

So maybe one day, PS4 :o

46 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

How do you live through that and not understand that tons of people buy consoles late into their lifespan and also when next gen releases?!

:troll:

• Haha 1

I bought my PS4 late last year. It's not uncommon to by systems late even for gamers if you already primarily game on one or more other systems and are just waiting for the exclusive library to build up to a point that it can't be ignored. 

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

It's just so weird. PS2 was at, like, 112 million by the time the 360/PS3 came out and eventually sold another 40+ freaking million into that next gen. How do you live through that and not understand that tons of people buy consoles late into their lifespan and also when next gen releases?!

1564467151-capture-d-ecran-2019-07-30-a-

Where is that graphic from? I don't see it in the linked PDFs.

6 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Sony has done an amazing job with PS4.  I do think the industry has changed somewhat, and even though it is currently ahead of PS2 globally, I can't ever see it continuing to sell enough to beat PS2's lifetime sales.

Yup, the difference is PS2 was $99 and sold 40+ million more during the PS3/360/Wii gen. It was so much cheaper than the other consoles and still ended up selling like hotcakes into that generation, never mind getting releases like God of War 2 and Persona 4 in the two years after the PS3 launched (and three years after the 360). PS4 would have to continue to outpace it into the PS5/Nextbox generation, which likely wouldn't happen.

8 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Normal people who are late adopters. 

Is this your first generation or something?

8 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If you can’t hold the whole thing in your hands the concept is quite perplexing to him.

8 hours ago, Rodimus said:

Some people really hold out this long. Or are born at launch and now are old enough to play. Where does it say 100 Million PS4s sold?

I didn't ask WHY people are buying PS4s in 2019, you goons! I asked WHO. ;) 

Again, I want names. :|

:p :p :p 

4 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I bet this is inflated somewhat by the Pro.  A lot of people upgraded.

Fair point.

I feel the same could be said about Xbone and 3DS numbers as well - many people upgraded when new version of those hardware SKUs came out. It’ll be interesting to see how “double dipping” will effect (affect?) Switch sales numbers once the Lite is released.

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I’m the opposite. I turn my Xbox on daily and probably haven’t turned my PS4 on in a year.

I didn't turn on my PS4 during my vacation.

But I was on vacation. :p 

Gets turned on everyday. I'm happy to say I have turned on my Xbox (your gift) a few times to get a feel for it and try out the apps! Once I get done with my backlog, I can finally dive into stuff like Rare Replay and Sunset Overdrive.

I remember when the PS4 launched it came out the day before my birthday. So I took that day off work, had it pre-ordered and waited for it to arrive that Friday and then gamed out all weekend on my new PS4. It was good times. I'll have to do something similar for launch of next gen, I should even get a launch close my birthday again for the perfect birthday present to myself weekend.