Officer accuses McDonald's employees of taking bite of his sandwich. Investigation shows officer took the bite and forgot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/officer-who-accused-mcdonald-s-workers-taking-bite-his-sandwich-n1035796

"I started to warm up my McChicken and I noticed several small bites," the officer said. "I know I didn't eat it. No one else was around. I said, 'You know what? I am going to the McDonald's to see if they can get that taken care of.'"

The officer returned to the McDonald's and spoke to a supervisor who offered him free food, which he said he "didn't care anything about."

"I just wanted to find out who the person was and they deal with that person in an appropriate way," he told WTHR.

On Friday, the sheriff's office announced the findings of its investigation: DJ forgot he had taken a bite out of the McChicken sandwich at the start of his shift.

The officer returned nearly seven hours later "having forgotten that he had previously bitten the sandwich," the sheriff's office said, adding DJ "wrongly concluded that a McDonald’s employee had tampered with his food because he is a law enforcement officer."

The sheriff's office said McDonald's assisted in its investigation and that staff at the fast-food franchise "in no way tampered with the employee’s food."

DJ has since formally apologized to McDonald’s, the sheriff's office said.

:dab2:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Firewithin said:

#NoGoodCops

The system may be broken, but most cops are good. Police should be a federal organization, with yearly psych and standards testing. And the code of conduct should be strictly enforced. Also, not having a working body camera should be an offense, and after, say, 3 strikes of not having it on for any reason, you are fired.