Remnant: From the Ashes - Official Thread, update - Next Gen Upgrade trailer

On 8/29/2019 at 12:09 AM, JPDunks4 said:

One Trait Challenge is get 100 kills with 10 different guns in one playthrough.  So knowing this it'll be pretty easy to go back and just clean up on easy enemies

I’m not at home; is there a way to see how many enemies you’ve killed with a given weapon?

On 8/22/2019 at 9:57 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

Also one of the achievements is glitched... I got the achievement for defeating a world boss without taking any damage despite taking a TON of damage :lol: @ARZ got the achievement too under the same circumstances.

Yeah, mine glitched too. I did have full health when the fight finished, but I doubt that was the intent for the achievement.  

On 8/30/2019 at 5:39 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

What do you get for beating that boss the first time?

You get a mod, can't remember its power. But if you beat it the alternative way, where both die nearly at the same time, you get a butterfly wing hatchet that is made to quickly reload your mod power when you attack with it. 

I nearly rerolled my world a few nights ago. There was this boss my friend and I just could not beat. The encounter is almost everything I hate in boss design across other games. 

Summons lots of minions that are more of a threat than the boss itself. The boss has an attack that clips through the stage, walls/pillars. The boss grants itself immunity at times, which increase in frequency as its health gets lower. 

Really annoying. I opened my world up be matched into, though with my friend on my world nobody was joining. Tried just sitting in my world solo and within minutes somebody joined, then I invited my friend back in. The three of us went through the boss first try. Having an extra person to help with crowd control and some boss DPS while one player was dedicated to boss DPS made it significantly easier. 

Been just burning through the game since. Currently Gear lvl 15, Trait lvl somewhere around 120. 

26 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I nearly rerolled my world a few nights ago. There was this boss my friend and I just could not beat. The encounter is almost everything I hate in boss design across other games. 

Summons lots of minions that are more of a threat than the boss itself. The boss has an attack that clips through the stage, walls/pillars. The boss grants itself immunity at times, which increase in frequency as its health gets lower. 

Really annoying. I opened my world up be matched into, though with my friend on my world nobody was joining. Tried just sitting in my world solo and within minutes somebody joined, then I invited my friend back in. The three of us went through the boss first try. Having an extra person to help with crowd control and some boss DPS while one player was dedicated to boss DPS made it significantly easier. 

Been just burning through the game since. Currently Gear lvl 15, Trait lvl somewhere around 120. 

What you are describing sounds like the first boss I had in my world, I ended up buying a different classes weapon and after 10 tries or so finally took him down.

3 hours ago, Nokt said:

What you are describing sounds like the first boss I had in my world, I ended up buying a different classes weapon and after 10 tries or so finally took him down.

Minus the clipping, most bosses in this game share the same “feature”, in that they are only any challenge at all because of the minions rushing at your face from multiple directions.

I’ve read that playing solo there less adds spawned in boss encounters. So crowd control feels most problematic with just two players. The add count is more than double, and spawn so frequently from multiple directions that you’re either getting ambushed all the time, or spending very little time on the boss. As far as I can tell there is no difference in adds with a third person..

some of the mods and weapons are making these fights more manageable with two people. I’m feeling pretty empowered now compared to that boss a few nights ago. I’ve got a ring that gives me +20 resistance to all elements, and it is a life saver. It has been the difference between a boss melting me with elemental damage and me shrugging it off. 

I haven't played enough Duo vs Trio's to notice a difference in adds, but Trio's health buff enemies get make it harder than Duo's I feel.  Duo's always felt relatively easy, but some Trio encounters have given me issues.  It could also be because I was always the highest level in the group and the scaling just caused more issues with 3. 

4 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I haven't played enough Duo vs Trio's to notice a difference in adds, but Trio's health buff enemies get make it harder than Duo's I feel.  Duo's always felt relatively easy, but some Trio encounters have given me issues.  It could also be because I was always the highest level in the group and the scaling just caused more issues with 3. 

Yeah I've had tougher encounters with three people as opposed to two...that COULD be because @ARZ still hasn't mastered the art of dodging yet :p

On 9/3/2019 at 1:11 PM, JPDunks4 said:

I’ve seen the increase health, but it never felt to make that big a difference. The more than double the adds going from solo to duo has been the hardest to adapt to in boss fights. 

On 9/3/2019 at 1:16 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I've had tougher encounters with three people as opposed to two...that COULD be because @ARZ still hasn't mastered the art of dodging yet :p

God, not knowing how to dodge will definitely get you call killed. 

lol he needs Picalo from DBZ Abridged to train him. 

• Haha 1

Remnant: From the Ashes’ free DLC adds a new dungeon called Leto’s Lab (PCGamesN)

Leto’s Lab will dynamically spawn on Earth, and will mix the usual combat challenges with some light puzzles to solve, all culminating in a brand-new boss fight. It’ll be a little more story-driven than existing dungeons, offering up some insight on the setting’s backstory and the whole deal with the World Stones. This update lands – for free – on September 19.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Doing the final boss with randoms is proof positive Bungie is right about not having Raid matchmaking. There does need to be some coordination, or the fight could take forever. 

I wouldn’t mind matchmaking for people that have finished the raid. It’s equally as annoying not being able to find people to do raids with you. 

3 hours ago, Nokt said:

I wouldn’t mind matchmaking for people that have finished the raid. It’s equally as annoying not being able to find people to do raids with you. 

It is, but there needs a commitment to communicate, which is not easy to force. 

like, they could have the game check for an active microphone to be able to matchmake, and allow voting to kick, so if a person refuses to communicate. Though a kick system would easily be abused where you’re kicking somebody because they don’t have the right weapon or subclass equipped to speed run the raid. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember this game initially putting me off a lot because the first boss I kept fighting was really tough solo. I'm not sure if they toned things down a lot, but I started playing this with a buddy and we are literally just flying through bosses.

3 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I remember this game initially putting me off a lot because the first boss I kept fighting was really tough solo. I'm not sure if they toned things down a lot, but I started playing this with a buddy and we are literally just flying through bosses.

It's actually tougher with people and there are several bosses you could face first due to the randomized nature of the game. Do you remember which boss it was that was giving you trouble? I played it both solo and with other people. Enjoyed it both ways.

52 minutes ago, Nokt said:

We're u on Xbox or PS4 or PC?  We had a group that would play.  It was challenging but fair imo.  One boss stood out as the toughest a bit later in the game.

I played solo my first playthrough on normal.  If you can get a lucky world roll and get a few good weapons, it makes things much easier.

I def wanna revisit it with the update.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's actually tougher with people and there are several bosses you could face first due to the randomized nature of the game. Do you remember which boss it was that was giving you trouble? I played it both solo and with other people. Enjoyed it both ways.

I remember that it was a small isolated room with a ground floor and some pathways up top. The boss just had a giant sword that would constantly clip through walls to kill me. There were also the little exploding guys that would run at you constantly during the encounter.

28 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

We're u on Xbox or PS4 or PC?  We had a group that would play.  It was challenging but fair imo.  One boss stood out as the toughest a bit later in the game.

I played solo my first playthrough on normal.  If you can get a lucky world roll and get a few good weapons, it makes things much easier.

I def wanna revisit it with the update.

PC.

I remember it being challenging, but we played once, ran through 4 or 5 bosses, didn't even come close to wiping or even really having a challenge.

I recently started playing this on PS4 and I loved it instantly even though I'm playing it solo and taking my time with it. The first boss I encountered was a beefed up Shroud that kept kicking my ass. So I went back and explored a bit. Found a hidden room at the hide out and explored Ward 13 and found the sub machine gun. The boss was easier then. I've yet to try out the survival mode which came with the first dlc. I'm sure I'm going to have a ton of fun with it.

While getting into the rhythm of the mechanics I discovered you can reload while you roll dodge. Pretty handy.