Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (02/21): Shadow of the Erdtree DLC "Collector's Edition Messmer the Impaler Statue" trailer

Oh yeah I’m well aware From don’t give affffff about technical, still gonna dunk on that ish tho! They have the money now, get a tech team. The biggest issue is the stutter with this. I hope my new pc arrives to help brute force that a little in time for the dlc. 

8 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Sitting here high wondering when capitalism is gonna invent those MIB neuralizer things. I want to forget Elden Ring and RE4 and play them as a virgin possible. 

I would non ironically want to erase targeted memories for this specific purpose as well!

10 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh yeah I’m well aware From don’t give affffff about technical, still gonna dunk on that ish tho! They have the money now, get a tech team. The biggest issue is the stutter with this. I hope my new pc arrives to help brute force that a little in time for the dlc. 

Good luck.

3 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Good luck.

I imagine they are cpu bound and not sure what cpu they have so hard to gauge by that, also can’t tell if they are going through areas first time or if they built a nice hefty shader chance from playing it so can’t really see.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I imagine they are cpu bound and not sure what cpu they have so hard to gauge by that, also can’t tell if they are going through areas first time or if they built a nice hefty shader chance from playing it so can’t really see.

I'll let you know if a PCIe 4 SSD helps with that. Uncle is replacing a light fixture. I'll download Elden Ring gotta make space for it on my main drive.

3 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I'll let you know if a PCIe 4 SSD helps with that. Uncle is replacing a light fixture. I'll download Elden Ring gotta make space for it on my main drive.

If it’s still shader comp issues only cpu will improve it unfortunately and even then there won’t be anything near powerful yet enough to brute force past it just brute force mitigate it. It essentially just overloads the cpu with huge bursts of instructions. 

9 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Sitting here high wondering when capitalism is gonna invent those MIB neuralizer things. I want to forget Elden Ring and RE4 and play them as a virgin possible. 

Oh damn, Id play so many games for the first time again. Super Mario 3, Xenogears, Mass Effect, Mario Galaxy (perfect game, imo). FF6,7, and 9.

Id also forget Babylon 5 and Deep Space 9, yearly.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Oh damn, Id play so many games for the first time again. Super Mario 3, Xenogears, Mass Effect, Mario Galaxy (perfect game, imo). FF6,7, and 9.

Id also forget Babylon 5 and Deep Space 9, yearly.

oh yeah forgetting ME trilogy and DS9 would be amazing 

Finally beat Malenia last night. I was determined to do it solo but just couldn’t do it.  Tried summoning a co op player for the first time. I like how there is a whole line up of people to look at and pick from.  That still took me another 10ish tries till I got the hang of it. The last fight went by so fast I could barely tell what the other player was doing. Looked like they were rolling toward Malenia and somehow knocking her on her ass. I’d run up with the blood swarm flies, cooling mist nagakiba slash, then spam the alt fire on the Reduvia dagger. Pretty sweet. I spent hours on that fight and I’m glad it’s over.

• Halal 1

19 hours ago, stepee said:

If it’s still shader comp issues only cpu will improve it unfortunately and even then there won’t be anything near powerful yet enough to brute force past it just brute force mitigate it. It essentially just overloads the cpu with huge bursts of instructions. 

Let's see what a 7950x can do after RE4 in it'a various flavours.

As an aside I should just take my new game plus character probably close to Ashen Capital for DLC purposes or do you think we need to have beat the game to do the DLC?

1 minute ago, Zaku3 said:

Let's see what a 7950x can do after RE4 in it'a various flavours.

As an aside I should just take my new game plus character probably close to Ashen Capital for DLC purposes or do you think we need to have beat the game to do the DLC?

My guess is that it’s going to be stand alone but like a separate quest/location you can opt into along the way but also that might just be what I want it to be.

Elden-Site.jpg
WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Tom Morgan examines the performance impact and visual upgrade offered by the new, unexpected RT mode added to Elden Ring on PS5, Series X and PC.

To sum up then, the addition of RT is a welcome surprise, an additive feature that pays dividends in terms of the presentation of shadows and ambient occlusion on PS5, Series X and PC. However, it's hard to see this as the feature most Elden Ring fans wanted, in the context of continuing sub-60fps performance on console; in the context of hitches and missing features on PC. And given its performance penalty, we can't recommend actually enabling RT for a playthrough of the game, although it might be good for taking screenshots.

More broadly, the decision to seemingly prioritise the addition of RT instead of fixing the game's technical shortfalls is baffling. Given how great the core game is, and how commercially successful it's been, we can only hope that it's a sign of more practical development to come.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Elden Ring - Information Thread, update: Digital Foundry technical analysis of the totally half-assed ray tracing "update"
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Elden Ring - Information Thread, update: Digital Foundry technical analysis of the totally half-assed ray tracing "update", "Battle Scars" infographic posted
  • 1 month later...
Collage-Maker-28-Apr-2023-11-54-AM-7946-
WCCFTECH.COM

PureDark released his DLSS 3 mod for Elden Ring. We've tested it and found it delivers a substantial performance increase on an RTX 4090 GPU.

Got this set up along with frame rate unlock during lunch and it runs nearly locked at 116fps (reflex cap) with ray tracing on in 4k dlss quality mode now! I don’t get any stutter anymore either with this cpu and they probably optimized it since last year. Most of these area I tried i haven’t been to on this pc so it’s not that I built the shader cache, it just runs great now.

So now it’s pretty much perfect and such a huge leap over how I played it last year with all the improvements combined that it’s almost like a remaster. Bring. On. The. DLC.

Edit: There are still some dips below 116fps on dlss quality but I never saw it dip below 100fps and and dlss performance locks it if you demand no drops at all

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Bacon said:

My gut feeling was wrong 🤷‍♂️

We did kinda/sorta get some news today from the second quarter financial report for Kadokawa (From Software's parent company):

The release timing of DLC for ELDEN RING has not yet been announced, but development is proceeding smoothly.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Elden Ring - Information Thread, update: per Kadokawa's 2Q financial report, DLC development is "proceeding smoothly"
  • 2 months later...

A few days ago, FromSoft created a new App (Name Unknown) in the SteamDB for Elden Ring and it was linked to the DLC section of the SteamDB today.  This more than likely indicates that the Shadow of the Erdtree DLC will be announced/released in the not-too-distant future:

2hXaVRS.png

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Elden Ring - Information Thread, update: SteamDB update suggests that "Shadow of the Erdtree" announcement/release could be imminent