Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree (06/21) - Information Thread, update (06/20): significant content update (bug fixes, balance changes, etc.) for the base game to release with expansion

1 hour ago, The def star said:

I finally leveled up enough to have the strength to use the Brick Hammer. It's not the best weapon I have but it breaks enemies poise almost every hit that they aren't able to attack back. Doesn't hurt that it has B strength scaling. Makes my guy look like he means business. I'm rotating between this and Bloodhound's Fang.

It's also great for Crystalin Caves. Bladed weapons do almost no damage to them, but the hammers destroy their shit.

44 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Sword and board gets a lot better when you get a better board. The basic knights from the start of the game can drop the Brass Shield, which I'm still using. Put Barricade on it and it's a pretty solid medium shield. 

I have a few shields but at around level 30something (I believe that’s where I left off) I’m using a Beast Crest Heater shield and it seems to have a really good weight / defense ratio.

12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I have a few shields but at around level 30something (I believe that’s where I left off) I’m using a Beast Crest Heater shield and it seems to have a really good weight / defense ratio.

Any of those Medium shields like heaters with 100 Phys are great in my opinion. Beyond that, I just swap for variations of non-phys defense values like magic. But I also use that spell that enchants your shield for magic damage negation etc. 

Decided to install it on my 4500u Neo. 27-32FPS with the odd dip to 25 when its loading a new area. I have AA on high because 1280x720 is too blurry without. Might do my samurai playthrough on the Neo. Atleast while I finish up my main character.

Edit: This id on the medium preset except for high AA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

It's also great for Crystalin Caves. Bladed weapons do almost no damage to them, but the hammers destroy their shit.

I went back to the Crystalin Caves to lay the hammer down to my ex captors and explored the caves some more and found a few more smithing stones and the doorway to the Fallingstar Beast :o This game has so many secrets just lying around. Also that dude is no joke. Need to level up some more before I take him on.

6 minutes ago, The def star said:

I went back to the Crystalin Caves to lay the hammer down to my ex captors and explored the caves some more and found a few more smithing stones and the doorway to the Fallingstar Beast :o This game has so many secrets just lying around. Also that dude is no joke. Need to level up some more before I take him on.

That thing is nasty. I was pretty confident strolling in there the last time and it still crushed me hard. 

12 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Since every one says she is so hard an punishes people who use heavy weapons, I'm going to try and one shot Trump's wife tonight. Without a summon of course. 

I've been using only heavy weapons and it's not that it's hard just that lighter weapons make fights easier. My friend started his game as a bandit and they can strike enemies multiple times before they can even attack. With heavy weapons it's about dodging and choosing when to strike since you usually can only get 1 hit on bosses before they attack after they whif. Requires a lot more patience. I am using a shield through my playthrough so I was mostly counter striking because I sucked at dodging. After putting 40+ hours dodging is coming second nature to me.

I summoned help for the full grown fallingstar beast and the guy one shotted it with some giant continuous magic beam. I tried messaging him/her after but their profile is private. It was similar to the magic beam from the sword of night and flame, but over twice as big. Anyone know what that might have been? I must possess this.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Since every one says she is so hard an punishes people who use heavy weapons, I'm going to try and one shot Trump's wife tonight. Without a summon of course. 

Just attempted her.  Decided to come back after I either respec to be an actual efficient build, or I level up some more.  Not sure what other content I have left though.

I hate that I even know of this boss. Luckily, I have never seen the boss and I don't know any of its moves. All I know is that it is fast and where it is located. I still don't know what the final boss is which is just amazing since people every where are basically spoiling everything willy nilly like the burning of the tree and the capital of ash, like that shit was basic facts that everyone knew going into the game. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

was just informed that my lightning spear can be buffed from the lightning talisman which is poggers 

Where does one acquire the lightning spear? I’ve only found the frost one so far. And are you a faith build? What incantations do you like? I just respected to faith so I’m in the feeling out process. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

I hate that I even know of this boss. Luckily, I have never seen the boss and I don't know any of its moves. All I know is that it is fast and where it is located. I still don't know what the final boss is which is just amazing since people every where are basically spoiling everything willy nilly like the burning of the tree and the capital of ash, like that shit was basic facts that everyone knew going into the game. 

I mean, everything I've seen around souls games has been open conversation in every corner of the net. It seems its what the community is built on, the zeitgeist of sharing what you've found. 

17 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Where does one acquire the lightning spear?

It is a dex weapon found in the royal capital. 

9 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

It seems its what the community is built on, the zeitgeist of sharing what you've found. 

Uh, no. Maybe you go around in spoiler filled topics but I don't and I still got spoiled. Fuckin' the FFXIV reddit spoiled Trump's Wife by going "Cosplay of Boss name, The Blade of Lore character". 

Spoiler

And no one was spoiling end game shit like this. People weren't spoiling the Kiln of The First Flame in DS1. DS2 hand nothing to spoil lol. No one mentioned that German was the final boss or the hidden last boss Moonboi that I didn't encounter on my first play thru because I had no idea. No one told me the Dream would start burning in BB. I had no clue about Nameless King until I knew I was near the end of the game and went to the wiki to look up any bosses that I missed. Like, spoiling the capital of ash is a pretty big deal. That is a totally unexpected in-world-changing event. Something like that shouldn't have ever been spoiled. Same with your finger maiden being kindling. Such rare story moments should have been spoiled and nothing like that was spoiled for me from DS1-Sekiro. 

Made it to

siofra river

today and leveled up to 75. Beat some mini bosses but still did not come across my third great rune. I feel like I’m getting close to one though. I thought the

manor and then the three sisters area

was going to be my next big foe but it was only a mild boss I didn’t even need coop to beat on my first try. Can a mother fucker get some smith stone level 4s tho? Also I feel like I’ll never get the level 2 of the ash upgrade material.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

It is a dex weapon found in the royal capital. 

Uh, no. Maybe you go around in spoiler filled topics but I don't and I still got spoiled. Fuckin' the FFXIV reddit spoiled Trump's Wife by going "Cosplay of Boss name, The Blade of Lore character". 

Spoiler
  Hide contents

And no one was spoiling end game shit like this. People weren't spoiling the Kiln of The First Flame in DS1. DS2 hand nothing to spoil lol. No one mentioned that German was the final boss or the hidden last boss Moonboi that I didn't encounter on my first play thru because I had no idea. No one told me the Dream would start burning in BB. I had no clue about Nameless King until I knew I was near the end of the game and went to the wiki to look up any bosses that I missed. Like, spoiling the capital of ash is a pretty big deal. That is a totally unexpected in-world-changing event. Something like that shouldn't have ever been spoiled. Same with your finger maiden being kindling. Such rare story moments should have been spoiled and nothing like that was spoiled for me from DS1-Sekiro. 

Comparing social media then and now is disingenuous.

I see spoilers everywhere, from social media to headlines and forum posts. Its been willy nilly since day one, everywhere. Nobody is really spoining story beats.

I still fail to see how a name is that much of a spoiler. It tells you nothing of them, except that they have a blade and were probably a bodyguard. But I don't know what the solution to stop it is, you're the only person Ive seen upset about. Don't get me wrong, you have every right to feel However, I just think theres no way to avoid it at this point.

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

whining

I think they are valid wants and wouldn't hurt the type of game Elden Ring is. At the very least it would be a great way to inform the player when a quest is over. There is at least one quest that seems to have many stopping points. 

Anyway, NPC on the map is a great addition. Especially, with quests were you can miss optional lore text because you have no clue where they went. 

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

I still fail to see how a name is that much of a spoiler. It tells you nothing of them, except that they have a blade and were probably a bodyguard. But I don't know what the solution to stop it is, you're the only person Ive seen upset about. Don't get me wrong, you have every right to feel However, I just think theres no way to avoid it at this point.

Well that one isn't so bad, but the final point in the spoiler is. That shit is huge spoilers. 

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Here are the patch notes

Major Changes Included in the Latest Update

Additional Elements Added

• Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
  • Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
  • Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
  • Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
  • Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
  • Added night background music for some open field area.

Bug Fixed

• Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
  • Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.
  • Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
  • Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
  • Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
  • In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
  • Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
  • Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.
  • Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.
  • Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
  • Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
  • Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.
  • Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight's Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
  • Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell.
  • Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch.
  • Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
  • Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
  • Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
  • Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies.
  • Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.
  • Text fixes.
  • Other performance improvement and bug fixes.

Balance Changes

• Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
  • Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
  • Increased shield’s effectiveness.
  • Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
  • Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
  • Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
  • Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
  • Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
  • Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
  • Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Greatbow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
  • Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
  • Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp's damage and increase cast time.
  • Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash's self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
  • Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage.
  • Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
  • Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
  • Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.
  • Other enemy and weapon balance changes

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I think they are valid wants and wouldn't hurt the type of game Elden Ring is. At the very least it would be a great way to inform the player when a quest is over. There is at least one quest that seems to have many stopping points. 

Anyway, NPC on the map is a great addition. Especially, with quests were you can miss optional lore text because you have no clue where they went. 

I generally agree.  It seemed to be showing me NPC's I hadn't previously interacted with, which I'm not sure I'd agree with putting on the map.  But they might be characters I saw a long time ago that I forgot about.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:
  • Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.

They listened to ME!

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic

I'm cumming in my shorts

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:
  • Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.

BOOOO

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Other enemy and weapon balance changes

fuck, I bet bloodhound's is nerf'd 

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.

I don't use that but lame as fuck