Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

2 hours ago, legend said:

They expect the hot fix issue that's resulting in incompatible saves to be fixed by end of day EU (so a few hours? Depends on what end of day means to them!). This is really problematic for me as someone who's been playing it every evening and now has the morning off :p 

It's been redeployed, you're good to go.

EDIT: Weird, new replies weren't showing up until I posted this, you already knew!

4 minutes ago, legend said:

The hot fix issue has been fixed!

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

It's been redeployed, you're good to go.

EDIT: Weird, new replies weren't showing up until I posted this, you already knew!

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Narrator: *The hot fix has been hot fixed.*

Larian even provided an explanation:

Hotfix 4 went through a rigorous QA pipeline and was confirmed as a candidate for release yesterday. However, we triggered a rebuild of the version relatively last minute to change the version number. The version that was cooked was unfortunately plagued by compiler corruption, which was causing certain exceptions that normally wouldn’t cause crashes to - you guessed it - cause crashes.

Since compiler issues like that are extremely rare, we weren’t prepared for it. We should’ve been. We messed up.

It didn’t help that it happened at the worst possible time of day but luckily we have studios in multiple countries. Overnight (for Europe), our teams in Canada and then Malaysia worked to diagnose what went wrong, so that work could begin on redeploying a fixed version of the hotfix

To avoid this from happening in the future, we’ll make sure that any change made to future version candidates - no matter how small, or innocuous - will always go through our full & comprehensive QA pipeline, which include a global in-house QA team, automated testing, unit tests, and save-game compatibility testing.

Maybe the game did mention it, but man, did I wish I figured pickpocketing in tb-mode earlier. NPCs can't move and it makes everything much easier. The only thing wrong is that if you exit the pickpocket menu you can't pickpocket the same target again until the next turn.

I was doing the goblin mission when I got sidetracked into the underdark. I'm pretty sure the beholder thing I fought was beyond my level but earlier I stole a bunch of gunpowder barrels with in combination with a satchel charge and an oil barrel figured out what spot it went and then nuked it from orbit.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Are you playing Dark Urge? Or just anti-Druid? I'm just heading into Act 2 (at about 40 hours of gameplay) and I am growing bored by being a good guy. Considering restarting with an evil playthrough. 

Durge, but I'm not playing Durge to be evil, I'm playing Durge to make more sense of my random acts of violence in via RP. I just hate Druids, urge or not.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Made the leap and rolled a Dark Urge Barbarian. Going to resist the urge as much as possible at first, and slowly descend them into madness. 

Just an FYI if yer dumb like me, unarmored defense is pretty not good and you probably almost always have a higher AC in medium armor. If you get the bracers that increase AC by 2 when unarmored, you can often have an equivalent AC, at least in Act 1, but that just means missing out on useful armor effects.

Well, I think if you get 20 in dex and con it can be pretty good but your STR will suffer a lot and you'll need to use finesse weapons

53 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Just an FYI if yer dumb like me, unarmored defense is pretty not good and you probably almost always have a higher AC in medium armor. If you get the bracers that increase AC by 2 when unarmored, you can often have an equivalent AC, at least in Act 1, but that just means missing out on useful armor effects.

Well, I think if you get 20 in dex and con it can be pretty good but your STR will suffer a lot and you'll need to use finesse weapons

Yeah, I'm suited up in armour now as well. Hopefully they buff the unarmoured bonus.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

2aa.png 

I mean, you can I guess, but not via dialogue. Honestly, my whole master plan might be down the drain because the devs just didn't include the interactions.

Step 1 was to kill the Druids

Step 2 is to free Halsin and get him back to the grove where he finds out I killed every druid except for the one who wasn't hostile

Step 3 is to direct the Goblins to the grove

Step 4 is to save and decide where I want to go from there(you can double cross the goblins or so the game and internet say).

I found out that there is no added content for siding with the goblins, only a removal of content with nothing to replace it. I also found out that Halsin basically doesn't care that you killed all the druids as you tell him when you free him. You also can send him back to the grove until you kill the goblin leaders.

My plan now is to see if I can reverse steps 2 and 3 somehow. Cuz I do know that if you talk to the drow first, all the leaders leave but you can still rescue Halsin. Either the game will bug out, Halsin will be hostile, or I get something similar to what I wanted.

• Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

@Bacon I don’t believe I killed any kids to save him? But I couldn’t find him actually so maybe that’s why. He ended up back at the grove after I took care of business at the goblin camp. 

Yeah, if you find him you, two gob kids are throwing rocks at him. I knocked them out, basically saving them. If you don't do that Halsin WILL kill them.

36 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I ended up siding with the tiefs

here is how that battle went

So, I first tried out the evil route, but I summoned these ogres and they turned EVERYONE hostile. Wondering what would happen if I then just killed everyone, I did. The problem comes from the Drow being hostile. She can't die. She won't even die at 0 hp. So, I just knocked her out, robbing her naked, but she wouldn't wake up even after healing her. I then long rested and she disappeared. The quest said I needed to kill the rest of the tiefs so I did that but she did not appear. Guess that was some kind of major bug.

It was only after I restarted and went the good guy route. It took a few tries, like 3, to actually set up all the barrels in a way that would do the majority of the work. Mostly that involved me making grease trails so everything connected.

e:

Oh, and I was going to restart even further and kill Halsin by saying I enjoyed killing all the druids which would get him to aggro, but while I saved right before the major fork in my road, I ended up doing a lot of talking to NPCs and I can't remember what I did and I quicked saved so much that I had no quick save old enough to take me back. So, now there are two Druids alive and that's it. Much to my dismay, Halsin literally doesn't care if you keep the fact that you killed all the druids a secret. In fact, if you allow him to discover their demise for himself he's just like "Well, that's now nature be sometimes." He is only slightly mad if you tell him right as you save him, and he only fights you if you claim to enjoy it. Fuckin' lame.