Avatar 2 delayed AGAIN (shocker!)

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm pretty sure I still encounter a lot of people who love Avatar.

Could have been an acid trip, but I know I remember this happening.

Remember the news article about people who got depressed to the point of bordering on suicide that they'd never get to go to Pandora?

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Whats the general opinion on Avatar these day?  Somehow I never saw it at release. About 2 years later I bought the blu ray and watched the first 30mins before I got sidetracked and never got around to finishing it. Worth watching?

it's okay but nothing all that special...the wow factor for most people is that it introduced full world 3D and it really was something to see on the big screen for it's lush 'sets'. It wasn't hey we're throwing shit at the audience 3D. It was a flashy good looking film with a lackluster cookie cutter story and completely forgettable characters.  I know I picked up the blu ray when it was on sale not long after release but I am not sure I ever ended up watching it. 

11 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Whats the general opinion on Avatar these day?  Somehow I never saw it at release. About 2 years later I bought the blu ray and watched the first 30mins before I got sidetracked and never got around to finishing it. Worth watching?

I recently re-watched the longest cut of the film on bluray with my wife since it had been ages since she'd seen it and it was good. Nothing great at all, almost middling/bland, but it's enjoyable enough with enough distance from all the overhype and the 3D, etc. 

I don't think it needs 4 sequels but I also see potential if pre-Titanic Cameron shows up to make the movies. 

James Cameron seems to know how to make movies that lots of people want to buy tickets to see in theatres.  I don't expect that to change.

I haven't watched Avatar since it originally came out in theatres. I remember enjoying it, but being baffled by its extraordinary success.