Apple Music subscribers surpass Spotify subscribers in the US

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I've never used Apple Music. What are its advantages compared to Spotify?

I was reading another thread where people were saying Americans must have low standards lol, so maybe the advantages aren't there and it's name recognition. But I've only used Spotify on my TV once or twice, so I don't really know the differences.

I'm about to finish my free trial of Amazon Music that came with my Amazon Echo, and it was good. There are some things that it wouldn't let me do yet through Alexa, and again, I can't really compare it.

What Apple really needs to do is give users the ability to add music to their library straight from the iTunes store. 

Right now, you can only purchase from the store, so if you want to add something to you library using Apple Music, you have to go into the app, go into Search, click Apple Music, search for what you want, and then add it to your library. 

3 hours ago, Emblazon said:

What Apple really needs to do is give users the ability to add music to their library straight from the iTunes store. 

Right now, you can only purchase from the store, so if you want to add something to you library using Apple Music, you have to go into the app, go into Search, click Apple Music, search for what you want, and then add it to your library. 

This is my biggest issue with this subscription era for music. I basically use Spotify as a "need to buy/download" list because I can't mix and match the music I have on Spotify to the music I have on my phone. I mean the work around it just to add the music I have on my phone to spotify, but Spotify's quality, even on 320kbps, just isn't up to snuff.

I would 100% switch to Apple music if they did this.