I handled today a 9 inch dripless caulk

Triage

1zg6asy.jpg

So we are selling our house and moving to another state. And we have been prepping our house for listing. To save money we have taken on projects and my skills are pretty good! 

29bdncg.jpg

Also our lovely displates had on the walls were a challenge. The magnets once peeled off, left horrible sticky residue impossible to remove. So I had to cut out the pieces of drywall, spackle, send down and paint. You cannot even see where the cut outs were! I think my husband is impressed @Emblazon

fp4e9j.jpg

So yes we will be leaving Illinois!!! I'm actually having hard time with it but accepting it to support Emblazon's new career/promotion. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nokra said:

9 inches of caulk?! :drool:

Nice work Triage, it really looks professional. 

Sorry to hear that you're sad about leaving. Where are you landing now? 

Emblazon's job is taking us to New Jersey. My youngest is excited because it's so close to NY and she loves Broadway shows. We were always planning Cali in few years but now we are going the very opposite side! 

1 hour ago, Triage said:

Emblazon's job is taking us to New Jersey. My youngest is excited because it's so close to NY and she loves Broadway shows. We were always planning Cali in few years but now we are going the very opposite side! 

Yay New Jersey! Whereabouts?

16 minutes ago, Jose said:

You guys can stop eating terrible deep dish and eat some real stuff now. Jk I'm sure deep dish is yummy.

Try for yourself:

www.tasteofchicago.com

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's yummy, it's just not pizza. 

It most definitely is. What is not is stuffed pizza. Deep dish and stuffed are NOT the same thing. 

9 minutes ago, Jose said:

In sure Lou's is great, but I'll try it one day when I'm in Chicago. 

It is definitely better in person. :sun:

I've been dying to try some NY/NJ bagels. 

Also, our daughter is worried about not being able to find any good Asian food/markets in North NJ--should she be worried?

6 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

It is definitely better in person. :sun:

I've been dying to try some NY/NJ bagels. 

Also, our daughter is worried about not being able to find any good Asian food/markets in North NJ--should she be worried?

Well I dont know much about Warren County to be honest, but definitely not in Bergen or Hudson.

HMart and 99 Ranch are huge around here and if you're ever in Edgewater, Mitsuwa is amazing as well.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jose said:

Well I dont know much about Warren County to be honest, but definitely not in Bergen or Hudson.

HMart and 99 Ranch are huge around here and if you're ever in Edgewater, Mitsuwa is amazing as well.

If they're finding that they can't get what they want in NJ then it's also worth thinking about going into one of the Asian neighborhoods in NYC. I just played around on Google Maps and I guess because of staying on the highway, driving from Hackettstown to someplace like Flushing apparently takes a comparable amount of time to driving from Hackettstown to Edgewater.

Like, obviously not during the week, but on the weekend.

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

One thing I'll give @Emblazon credit for, Lou Malnati's was delicious. 

Of course, I'm also exited to try some NY pizza when we go. NY style hot dogs can go in the trash, though. Chicago dogs got that beat by a mile.

The whole NYC dog thing is antiquated, anyway. The real NYC street food is the halal platters and they are delicious when inebriated.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I despise sauerkraut. The mere thought of it triggers my gag reflex. 

I look forward to trying some NYC street food! :)

Honestly, NYC street food doesnt touch LA street food quality wise. What sets us apart is the myriad of amazing restaurants that most people cant afford lol.

1 minute ago, Jose said:

Honestly, NYC street food doesnt touch LA street food quality wise. What sets us apart is the myriad of amazing restaurants that most people cant afford lol.

Eh, well I've never been to LA and don't really have a desire to visit. 

I plan on looking through my old New Yorker magazines before we visit NYC for some food ideas. They always feature a restaurant every week, plenty of them seem affordable.