NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

6 hours ago, Biggie said:

Falcons sitting down with Harbaugh again today for second time. This would be my choice. 

49 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Harbaugh to the Chargers. 

Oh well guess it’s on to the next one 

16 minutes ago, Brian said:

For a team that needs to figure out its offense, surprised they went D

Honestly I think Arthur Smith and his Madden trick plays were the problem. Also he never wanted to use anyone in the damn red zone. Atleast try to get your playmakers the ball instead of Jonnu Smith. 

• True 1

The amount of football influencers that are trying to peddle Justin Fields as a great alternative at QB for teams is astonishing.

On the Raiders side of things, these were the same folks that said they needed to move on from Derek Carr, and then ride with Aiden O'Connell -- because the Raiders would never win without a Mahomes level QB.  The hypocrisy is astonishing.

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The amount of football influencers that are trying to peddle Justin Fields as a great alternative at QB for teams is astonishing.

On the Raiders side of things, these were the same folks that said they needed to move on from Derek Carr, and then ride with Aiden O'Connell -- because the Raiders would never win without a Mahomes level QB.  The hypocrisy is astonishing.

There are a lot of quarterbacks worse than Fields. For instance he would be an upgrade at the position for the Falcons. 

13 minutes ago, Biggie said:

There are a lot of quarterbacks worse than Fields. For instance he would be an upgrade at the position for the Falcons. 

There are.  But these same folks have been saying all along that veteran QBs weren't good enough, because teams needed a shot at a "Mahomes-like" elite QB.

You would probably need to trade a 1st-round pick plus at least one more to land Fields -- and he only has 1 more year on his rookie contract.  Plus, IMHO he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's anything more than a middle-of-the-pack QB (potentially lower).

You can sign one of those in free agency (or, if you're the Raiders, just kept Carr.) without giving up the picks.

Is he even that much of an upgrade over what the Falcon's have trotted out on the field?

21 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

There are.  But these same folks have been saying all along that veteran QBs weren't good enough, because teams needed a shot at a "Mahomes-like" elite QB.

You would probably need to trade a 1st-round pick plus at least one more to land Fields -- and he only has 1 more year on his rookie contract.  Plus, IMHO he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's anything more than a middle-of-the-pack QB (potentially lower).

You can sign one of those in free agency (or, if you're the Raiders, just kept Carr.) without giving up the picks.

Is he even that much of an upgrade over what the Falcon's have trotted out on the field?

Yes he is better but I would not give up a ton of draft capital for him. Maybe a third but no way a first. 

• True 2

33 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Yes he is better but I would not give up a ton of draft capital for him. Maybe a third but no way a first. 

The trade scenarios I keep seeing for the Raiders involves at least a first round pick.

I don't see a way for the Raiders to get the QB of the future this year, unless someone unexpectedly drops.

I'd rather them go in a holding pattern with one of the FA QBs, rather than spend a 1st on Fields.

• True 1

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Might be a good fit. Other than the shitty quarterbacks. Coach Artie ain’t to good at developing talent. 

Falcons spent big draft capital on Pitts, London, and Bijan.  He hasn’t really developed any of them.

I think his run first offense fits with Pittsburgh but I don’t see him developing Pickett. He clearly isn’t a QB guy which I think Steelers need 

• True 1

45 minutes ago, Brian said:

I think his run first offense fits with Pittsburgh but I don’t see him developing Pickett. He clearly isn’t a QB guy which I think Steelers need 

Run first, but not with your best player. Makes perfect sense. Such a genius will do wonders for the Steelers.

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@thewhyteboar

WWW.ESPN.COM

The Seahawks are hiring Ravens defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald as their new head coach, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

I'm cool with that.

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Should’ve just kept Pete for a couple more seasons. 

And I don't really disagree. Should have had at least one more year. But the defense has been garbage for at least 8 years, despite spending a ton of money and draft picks there. He just couldn't get it right.

22 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Dan Quinn. @Slug?

WWW.ESPN.COM

The Commanders are hiring Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn as their head coach, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Hey look at it this way @Slug he got the Falcons within inches of a Super Bowl championship. (Yes I know they should’ve won and collapsed a 28-3 lead and blew the biggest lead in Super Bowl history) But he took the FALCONS. The Commanders could have done much worse than hiring Quinn. 

48 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Hey look at it this way @Slug he got the Falcons within inches of a Super Bowl championship. (Yes I know they should’ve won and collapsed a 28-3 lead and blew the biggest lead in Super Bowl history) But he took the FALCONS. The Commanders could have done much worse than hiring Quinn. 

And the so called defensive coach took the cowboys to the playoffs with one of the best defenses and got blown out of the building. Great hire! :p

What's going on with Bieniemy? Surely he should have been the guy to take over the team.